TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The Hardest Game You Ever Played

I agree on GTA games some misions are insanely hard that youmust use cheats. Hell now in SA, I still havent beta it after getting i on the relase day in october (well alot has to do with me stopping play for weeks at a time due to being too busy, but most of the missions are impossible without cheats, hell I cant count howm many times I had to use the 100 percent health and armor cheat. and numerous times in gta 3, vc, and sa when I had to use the blow up all cars cheat.  actually GTA 3 probably had the most difficult missions, especially the one where you hav to blow up all the spank stands in all 3 islands in a span of only 10 minutes. That took me forever to beat.

GTA 3 is by far the hardest, Vice City is manageable and San Andreas isn't terribly difficult to me. I've beaten all of them without cheat codes and don't think I want to do it again.

Oh, Friday the 13th for the NES.

Fuck you Jason. He kicked my ass everytime and I would always be on the other side of the lake when he started wasting the kids.

Any of those side scrolling shooter games (R-Type, Gladius). That "one hit and you're toast" crap just ain't right.

Splinter Cell was pretty tough, but not in a "goddamn this game is cheap" way. You just have to take your time going through it.

All the GTA games have had their share of tough missions, but San Andreas has tough missions that you want to replay again after you complete them. There weren't as many of those in the previous two games.

Oh, and flight school wasn't TOO difficult once you get the hang of flying. Just remember: A) Release the X button as soon as you climb to the altitude you want, only pressing it again if you have to climb again and B) Like Sandman said, use the rudders to turn by holding down the button until the plane starts to tilt in the direction you wnt to go and THEN use the joystick to tilt the wings. Makes for a much more stable turn.

Oh,  Friday the 13th for the NES.

Fuck you Jason.  He kicked my ass everytime and I would always be on the other side of the lake when he started wasting the kids.

You people are pussies. I suck at video games and this is such an easy game to beat if you're not worried about getting everything and all that.

Tek, if you beat Battletoads, then not only do you not suck at video games, but you could give the little rainman kid in The Wizard a run for his money.

And yeah, Ghosts and Goblins gets MUCH harder in the later levels. The sixth level STARTS with one of those giant flying serpent dragon things that was a boss in one of the earlier levels. And then you have to climb up throw areas where you run into one of the flying red devil motherfuckers like every five seconds. And then finally have to fight not one but two of those giant monsters that stole your girlfriend. It's fucking impossible.

I thought I was the only person on earth who'd ever played Milon's Secret Castle. I would've mentioned it earlier, but it's a really obscure game. Really hard too, because of all the invisible shit you have to find by just shooting & jumping randomly all over every square inch of that goddamn castle.

TMNT - i remember getting to the super mouser and beating it but I can't remember after that. I know I got my ass kicked though.

RC Pro Am - You get to a certain level and the race will start, you will hear a sound and this one car will get super duper speed and LAP you and the rest of the cars. I don't think it is really possible to get a gold trophy in every race unless there is some nitro secret I don't know about.

Battletoads - really...fuck this game

The Tick - not hard, i guess, because I got bored and cut it the fuck off after I lost to chairface the first time. But goddamn. it was so fucking LONG. the levels went on FOREVER with the exact same fights over and over and over. I think I played that game for 5 hours after I rented it and never played it again.

Maximum Carnage - The spiderman game where you could play as Spiderman or Venom. Cool game, I just never came close to beating it. It is kick ass though, and features alot of marvel characters and villans.

I could never beat the final boss of Nightmare Creatures. GRR! :angry:

Chip's Challenge. If you've played it, you'll never use the word "hard" in connection with any other video game ever again.

I remember that game! That was hard too. I think the best feature in the game was that it would let you skip a level if you played it a million times and couldn't win.

EDIT: You're a cocksucker. I just downloaded the game and am about to start playing it. I won't be able to leave my house.

Yikes, I just popped in Spider-Man & X-Men: Arcade's Revenge today. It's safe to say I'll never beat it, even with Game Genie. While Spider-Man and Cyclops aren't that hard, the rest are too frustrating. I managed to beat Gambit's first stage, but it only took about 10 tries before I needed to memorize the layout of the stage so I could zoom through. Seriously, if you walk through an enemy, you seem to lose half of your life. Still can't beat Juggernaut. Since I didn't have success with them, I didn't even bother with Storm.

Supposedly the secret to beating Juggernaut is to move ahead as slowly as possible. Some kind of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis-type crap about how if you run away he speeds up to catch you. Which sounds like bullshit to me; as I recall, I had serious problems just staying ahead of the guy.

Motherfucking Chip's Challenge. YIKES. What a horrendous pain in the ass game.

I remember when I was a kid that Sunsetriders gave me a horrible fucking headache, but emulating it recently was a breeeeeze.

A lesser-known PSX game known as "Courier Crisis" that I somehow wound up with courtesy of a holiday or something, drove me FUCKING insane. I would do well in the beginning, but then I would have to go long ass distances around insane traffic to deliver things too... even with the best bikes it was pretty much impossible.

The Metal Gear Solid series fiddles around with stuff like that. In the first game, you had that battle with the psychic dude where unless you switched controllers, he could read your mind and the fight was a lot harder (but they did at least give you some hints about what to do). And in the second one there's various moments where the game designers are just blatantly trying to fuck with your head.

Guest Askewniverse

Eternal Darkness was one of the few games that messed with my head. It was a pretty good game, though. Definitely worth the $5 I paid for a new copy.

Spoilers, just to be safe:

The memory card thing was mean. After that happened, I turned off the game and checked my memory card to make sure I didn't lose everything. Damn bastards got me.

Guest bennerisbetter

Not the whole game, but the "Freeway" race in GTA San Andreas almost pushed me to self-mutilation. And The Sims was impossible too.

Eternal Darkness was one of the few games that messed with my head. It was a pretty good game, though. Definitely worth the $5 I paid for a new copy.

Spoilers, just to be safe:

The memory card thing was mean. After that happened, I turned off the game and checked my memory card to make sure I didn't lose everything. Damn bastards got me.

Yeah that game messed with my head all the time. The first time you go into the bathroom is the first time a game ever caused me to jump out of my seat. And the mind tricks are so real that they really do creep you out.

Guest Ransome
Yikes, I just popped in Spider-Man & X-Men: Arcade's Revenge today. It's safe to say I'll never beat it, even with Game Genie. While Spider-Man and Cyclops aren't that hard, the rest are too frustrating. I managed to beat Gambit's first stage, but it only took about 10 tries before I needed to memorize the layout of the stage so I could zoom through. Seriously, if you walk through an enemy, you seem to lose half of your life. Still can't beat Juggernaut. Since I didn't have success with them, I didn't even bother with Storm.

I bought this game cheap many years ago, and have never come close to beating it. It's bad enough that you only get three lives before having to restart that ultra-repetitive Spiderman level (finding the flashing markers). Anyway, I just checked GameFAQs for a walkthrough, and it seems the only way to beat Juggernaut is literally hit him with uppercuts every available second you've got, or you won't make it. Apparently, you need to hit Juggernaut, take a single step forward, and repeat. It seems so uncomplicated that it's more frustrating than challenging.

Yeah, boredom caused me to play it some more yesterday, using the start with 100 lives Game Genie code. I actually managed to beat everyone's levels except Juggernaut level. The main problem I have is trying to tear through the walls because Juggernaut always speeds up if you go to far ahead, but if you stay too close, it's near impossible to break through the walls without taking hits.

Psycho Mantis (from MGS) was awesome.

"Ahhhhhh, sssooo you like.... SUIKODEN"

"Do you like VANDAL HEARTS?"

"Put your controller on the floor. Put it down as flat asyou can... that's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!!"

Has anyone here attempted to finish, or even play NES Fester's Quest? If so, you know you have no idea what the ending is because I'm not sure anyone on the planet Earth has finished this extremely difficult and frustrating game.

Ayuh, that's a toughie. The three main problems:

1. "Weapon-up" items are way too rare, and those "weapon-down" cocksuckers are EVERYWHERE.

2. The bosses all require some finesse to beat, you need a strategy, you can't just blast away and hope for the best.

3. The last level (the UFO) is just plain too damn hard. Too many enemies that you have to sit there shooting all day, until they finally fall over from the weight from all the bullets in them.

That's a game I only played on one of theose old Nintendo-10 or whatever it was called arcade games. Can't say the bit I played made me really want to hunt it down. The Addam's Family games for TG-16 and SNES were pretty decent if I remember correctly, though.

So I beat Arcade's Revenge, today. The levels after you beat everyone's first set are rediculously easy. You even get to walk around as Storm instead of being in water. You use Spider-Man for the final boss fight, which is easier than just about any of the bosses from the other levels. The ending is really lame.