TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Brock Lesnar Returning to WWE

A more mature Lesnar ready for return

July 6, 2005

WWE fans have not seen Brock Lesnar since his WrestleMania XX match against Goldberg. Shortly afterwards, the former WWE Champion left the sports-entertainment world in favor of pursuing an NFL career. Today, however, Lesnar has confirmed that he is scheduled to meet with Vince McMahon tomorrow to talk about a possible return to the ring.

“I’m excited about getting my working boots on and getting back to business,” Lesnar told WWE.com during a phone interview.

While Lesnar is excited about a return to the ring, he realizes that nothing is definite. “I don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow in the meeting,” said Lesnar. “I don’t know if I’m returning to WWE, I really don’t. In order for this to happen, it has to work for both Vince and myself.”

A return to WWE may come as a shock to some fans, as the Internet has been buzzing recently about the rumors of a strained relationship between Lesnar and McMahon. “We need to get on the same page,” admitted Lesnar, regarding their relationship. “There’s some hard feelings on both ends of this. Sometimes it takes a little time to heal. We’ll know more tomorrow.”

The former WWE Superstar admits that some of the responsibility rests on him. “I had some maturing to do. There comes a time in everybody’s life when you have to grow up” said Lesnar. “But professional wrestling is in my blood. I may have second guessed it in the past, but I know it now.”

Be sure to check back here as more information on Brock Lesnar’s meeting with Vince McMahon becomes available.

Lesnar arrives at WWE headquarters (part 2 of 2)

July 7, 2005

Just hours before his meeting with Vince McMahon, an optimistic Brock Lesnar sat down with WWE.com to talk about his departure last year, possible upcoming return and more.

“I’ve had some contractual disagreements with WWE, as well as a lawsuit. But I’m ready now to see if we can do some business together.

“It wasn’t easy for me to leave,” claimed Lesnar in regards to his 2004 departure from WWE. “I struggled with the decision for a while. I realize people have their opinions about me leaving, and they’re entitled to those opinions. That’s why they live in America.”

After making the decision to leave WWE, Lesnar set his sights on becoming an NFL star. His unsuccessful pursuit to the gridiron was highly publicized, but it was one he still looks upon fondly. “I’m glad I did it. I didn’t want to look back years from now and regret not taking that chance,” said Brock on his decision to try football. “I’m done with football now, though. Like I said yesterday, professional wrestling is in my blood. This is what I want to do. You only get one life to live, and I’ll be damned if I’m not going to live my life to the fullest.”

If all goes well between Lesnar and McMahon today, the former WWE Champion still has to consider how he will be received by the WWE Superstars. “I have to take into consideration that this is a business,” replied Lesnar regarding any ill feelings toward him. “Hopefully, a return is what everybody wants to see. I can tell you that I will commit myself to be the guy I was in the ring before I left. If there’s problems from the boys, that’s not my problem. I never had a problem with them. They’ve been nothing but great to me in the past.

“If I do come back, though, people should be aware that they need to be on their toes,” Lesnar continued. “There ain’t nobody that can hold a candle to me.”

Stay tuned to WWE.com as more on Brock Lesnar and his meeting with Vince McMahon becomes available.

brockstm.jpg

brockhall.jpg

WWE.com has learned that the meeting between Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon has ended. On his way out of WWE Headquarters, Lesnar had the following to say about the meeting:

"Both Vince and I vented, and I think we both feel better about the possibility of a deal being made. But there is no deal yet."

When contacted for a response, the Chairman's office simply stated "no comment."

I could actually see them having Brock beat Batista for the title almost instantly, and then have Batista do the face chase they love so much leading into WM next year. Wouldn't be the best booking but I think they'd find it hard to resist.

I could actually see them having Brock beat Batista for the title almost instantly, and then have Batista do the face chase they love so much leading into WM next year. Wouldn't be the best booking but I think they'd find it hard to resist.

There would be a ton of resentment from other workers and such, but yeah, I tend to agree that it's not a really bad idea when you think about the whole scheme of things. The big variable would be if Lesnar beating Batista for the title at, say SummerSlam, would hurt the push and run for Batista to win it back at a later date, akin to the Goldberg-Nash situation, in that once Goldberg was defeated by Nash, the steam was lost on his drawing power. But as long as WWE would follow up properly on it, I think it would work just fine.

Guest Edgehead

Vinnie Mac believes in second chances. This is great news. I thought Brock was soon becoming the best big man ever. He should be sent to OVW or deep south to work off the rust. Recently he is looking to be more muscle shape than 20 minute match shape though so lets not rush his return.

I guess I am the only one not caring much for a Lesnar return.

I'm unenthused too. I never understood the Lesnar obsession. He's just some guy with no neck who can't talk, but he won some NCAA shit, so he has smark cred, and I just never really got the guy. Never really did anything to justify his spot, to me at least. He has no character.

okay...so in other words, the Brock hate was stupid/pointless/unwarranted and the NY crowd needed SOMETHING to use for heat and went with that info?

What's so unwarranted? Here's Brock Lesnar, who has been given the world by the WWF because he's huge and sort of wrestles well, pushed over every guy on the roster without doing much at all to deserve such a meteoric rise compared to the efforts of let's say a Bret Hart or a Steve Austin, then he walks out on it all, making his entire buildup for naught. And to top it all off, his final match is a pile of shit. When a match is that bad, all hate is warranted, to say nothing of anything else that transpired prior to the match.

Everyone was pissed because they knew how this would work out. Nobody thought he could cut it in the NFL, it was painfully obvious. He'd leave, he'd try, he'd fail, he'd come crawling back begging for a job when he runs out of money. Lo and behold, he left, he tried, he failed, he came crawling back for a job because he ran out of money. Search the Internet; I'm sure everyone even detailed the whole course of events.

Brock Lesnar did nothing to make me wish for his return. He didn't do anything as compelling as Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, The Rock, or HHH ever did with their title reigns. He just kinda grunted a lot and fell on his face. I don't care if the Neckless Wonder ever comes back.

okay...so in other words, the Brock hate was stupid/pointless/unwarranted and the NY crowd needed SOMETHING to use for heat and went with that info?

What's so unwarranted? Here's Brock Lesnar, who has been given the world by the WWF because he's huge and sort of wrestles well, pushed over every guy on the roster without doing much at all to deserve such a meteoric rise compared to the efforts of let's say a Bret Hart or a Steve Austin, then he walks out on it all, making his entire buildup for naught. And to top it all off, his final match is a pile of shit. When a match is that bad, all hate is warranted, to say nothing of anything else that transpired prior to the match.

Everyone was pissed because they knew how this would work out. Nobody thought he could cut it in the NFL, it was painfully obvious. He'd leave, he'd try, he'd fail, he'd come crawling back begging for a job when he runs out of money. Lo and behold, he left, he tried, he failed, he came crawling back for a job because he ran out of money. Search the Internet; I'm sure everyone even detailed the whole course of events.

Brock Lesnar did nothing to make me wish for his return. He didn't do anything as compelling as Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, The Rock, or HHH ever did with their title reigns. He just kinda grunted a lot and fell on his face. I don't care if the Neckless Wonder ever comes back.

Exactly.

I don't "hate" Brock Lesnar, I just don't see what the big deal is with him, he can work? So what the WWE roster is full of guys that can work circles around him. Also the only way to bring him back is obviously to push him right into the title picture against Batista which will of course screw over other workers in the process, but who cares Brock may make the ratings rise .000001 of a share.

Guest seth86

Whatever anyones thoughts on Brock might be, I'm sure everyone would rather see Batista vs. Lesnar headlining a PPV than batista vs. JBL or even Hassan.

That's my point. I won't go off on my rant on my feelings towards KOTR 2002 and Brock's initial push, suffice to say I haven't ever liked the guy and can't think of anything that will make me. He always struck me as Bob Backlund on roids, except Backlund could do a crazy psycho better.

As far as his in ring ability goes, he's ok. Nothing amazing. When going against a quality opponent like Eddie or Angle he looks pretty decent. But when in there with another hoss power guy like Goldberg..well everyone knows what happened there.

Guest Brian

Lesnar was a guy who was learning quickly, his upside and ceiling were huge. He had great natural build and a great look that naturally made him the type of wrestler that WWE wanted to push. His mic skills weren't great, but if used properly, were more than passable. His ring work was greatly improving, and continued to improve. While a lot of people harp on Angle, Brock was working smarter back than than Angle does, and Brock was quickly picking up on how to hide weaknesses (of both him and other workers) and creating stories, with depth, around it.

That's my point.  I won't go off on my rant on my feelings towards KOTR 2002 and Brock's initial push, suffice to say I haven't ever liked the guy and can't think of anything that will make me.  He always struck me as Bob Backlund on roids, except Backlund could do a crazy psycho better.

As far as his in ring ability goes, he's ok.  Nothing amazing.  When going against a quality opponent like Eddie or Angle he looks pretty decent.  But when in there with another hoss power guy like Goldberg..well everyone knows what happened there.

It's completely unfair to judge him on one match, especially when it was with another unmotivated worker who was leaving the company, and the crowd was determined to shit on it.

The fact is Lesnar works better with "hoss power guys" than any big man on earth. He gave Big Show his best matches ever in the spring of 2003, and his HIAC with Undertaker was probably Taker's best match in the last five years.

In addition, his monster character is totally over, and he has the kind of credibility as a heel that HHH can only dream of. When you combine all that with his incredible physical skills, and the fact that he's only 28 years old and has yet to reach his full potential, I don't see how you could not get excited.

He also has one of the better generic WWE musics ever.

The thing about Brock, he's not like anyone whos ever stepped into the ring. He's huge, but wrestles like he's 5'10. It's incredible.

Guest Damn You Helmsley
“I realize people have their opinions about me leaving, and they’re entitled to those opinions. That’s why they live in America.”

Oh brother...

Brock's one problem is that he was given a push immediately, before he was ready. He wa sthrust into the spotlight and pushed down the fans throats too soon (which made the fans reluctant to take to him at first), he was given the undisputed title within 4 months of his WWE debut. A lot of pressure came with that, and also allowed his ego to grow to massive sizes.

He improved over time and when he left, he was THE HEEL of WWE(not just SD), no matter what HHH had to say. SD suffered alot when he left (hell you can also credit Brock for JBL's out of nowhere push). His mic skills had dramatically improved and had a heel charisma unusual for such a big man (along the lines of a Vader).

If he comes back, and vince wants him, so be it. If he is seriosu about this and not just doing it cuz he has nothing else to do, then I think he will regain his form and rise back to the top.

Hey at least itll be someone else besides Trips right? :D

Guest Fishyswa

Yeah fucking Brock, who does he think he is being given the world title, and then pursuing a dream. Doesn't he know that once you get the world title you give up any chance of another career for the rest of your life!?

Why should I hate a guy for being given a a big oppurtunity, making the most of it and then deciding he wanted to try something else? I hate this ridiculous idea that wrestlers aren't people who don't have the right to follow their heart.

And a roster full of guys who can work circles around him? Huh?

Yeah fucking Brock, who does he think he is being given the world title, and then pursuing a dream. Doesn't he know that once you get the world title you give up any chance of another career for the rest of your life!?

Why should I hate a guy for being given a a big oppurtunity, making the most of it and then deciding he wanted to try something else? I hate this ridiculous idea that wrestlers aren't people who don't have the right to follow their heart.

And a roster full of guys who can work circles around him? Huh?

Exactly. The guy wanted to persue a dream. He did, it failed, and now he wants back in. He's not the first person to do it- see also Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and probably more that I can't think of right now.

Guest JMA
“I realize people have their opinions about me leaving, and they’re entitled to those opinions. That’s why they live in America.”

Oh brother...

That did seem pretty lame. Still, I'll be glad when Brock's back.

Anyone who wants to bitch about Brock leaving or pissing on wrestling or doing something that he was bound to fail instead of sticking around needs to remember one thing first:

Loyalty to Vince McMahon almost never gets anybody ahead. Please go ask Bret Hart about this if you won't believe it.

Even if he left to go move to Hawaii and take cooking lessons on making meals with SPAM, I wouldn't have held it against the guy because this is not a company that will make anyone sacred out of loyalty. The most you'll get is to be booked in a way that protects your job security until you're past your due date, ala Undertaker. But should people ever stop reacting to a guy no-selling and sitting up from powerbombs, then that dog is taken out to the backyard to get shot.

Best news in a long time.

I think Summerslam would be perfect to launch a bidding war between Long and Bischoff for Lesnar. That would build him up big.

Also, I'd save Batista/Lesnar for WM as well. They should not touch each other for awhile. They can tease and stare down, but not touch until at least Survivor Series. This is where a guy like Heyman could help because he knows the good slow build.

My chops are watering at the potential. Let's just hope the lockeroom leaders JBL, Taker, and HHH don't get it in their heads that Brock needs to be humbled by having him job out.

Im very much split being how they are going to announce, are they going to hype it for a PPV to get buys or go for the OMG factor its Brock. The bidding war wouldnt be a bad idea.

I think that Brock should should just bump into Batista on SD before Batista has a huge title defense on a PPV (such as versus the UT at SummerSlam). Brock can get all cocky and say youve got something I want and Im going to talk. Batista can be like try me bitch. Then Brock attacks Batista on the SD before SummerSlam (with Brock shouting at Long telling him to make a Tripe Threat), during the PPV (after which Long tells him his risking being barred from getting a title shot) and during Batistas match with the UT but Batista still wins. Batista can then cut a brief promo the next night saying that Brock may have been The Big Thing at one point now, but Batista is the man now. Brock could demand a title shot but Long can tell him to get a steppin. We then see various backstage confrontations and stare downs between the 2 but no phsyicality. Brock wins the Rumble. Hell, it beats the Rinse Dry Repeat face chasing the title WM year in year out same old story.

Whether that should be the WM ME IMHO depends on what will sell more. I think it should be a matter of either of Brock-Batista, Brock-Benoit or Benoit-Eddie. That means with the 1st and 3rd option you can still have the other match, but Brock-Batista due to costing the title and being non-title is too WMXXish.

Brock Lesnar back can only be a good thing. He's a better worker than a lot of the roster, a decent interview and has a look that just screams 'MONSTER!'

But they're going to have to do it the right way. They can have him come back as a monster heel (safest bet since he might get legitimate heel heat for the manner of his departure), a monster face (a bit riskier, but I think that's how his best matches came - he just works at a much higher tempo as a face, and is the sort of unstoppable face monster that Batista would be if he was ten years younger and much more agile), or the sneaky, chickenshit heel he was when he left (which is career suicide - why would someone who looks like he can beat the shit out of 99% of the roster and go a fair toe-to-toe with the other 1% be a coward?).

Whether he returns as a face or heel IMHO depends very much on who he attacks 1st. If he F5s Hassan, the crowd will pop for him; if its Rey, he gets heat.

Last time I checked, he was scheduled to be annihilated by the Undertaker at Judgment Day last year so that means Guerrero / Bradshaw for the WWE Championship would have STILL taken place.

And what would have Lesnar jobbing to the Dead Man done?  Nothing because the Undertaker went on to job to Bradshaw.

It has nothing to do with the title picture. It's because Lesnar was built up as being Mr. Unbeatable and was given convincing wins over every big name on the roster ... just to walk out when things weren't going his way.

So everyone laid down for him and he just up and left before he could return the favor.

I'm all for Brock coming back. But it would be stupid of WWE to push him before he proves himself all over again.

Cause they would great business sense wouldnt it? Talking about cutting your nose off to spit your face. The thing that mad Brock was him squashing old deadbones in HitC. The point of him being jobbed to the UT was. . .?

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Been there, seen that, done that, bought the T-Shirt.

EDIT: LIKE HBK and Stond Cold occasionly throw fit and take their balls home with them?

That's my point.  I won't go off on my rant on my feelings towards KOTR 2002 and Brock's initial push, suffice to say I haven't ever liked the guy and can't think of anything that will make me.  He always struck me as Bob Backlund on roids, except Backlund could do a crazy psycho better.

As far as his in ring ability goes, he's ok.  Nothing amazing.  When going against a quality opponent like Eddie or Angle he looks pretty decent.  But when in there with another hoss power guy like Goldberg..well everyone knows what happened there.

It's completely unfair to judge him on one match, especially when it was with another unmotivated worker who was leaving the company, and the crowd was determined to shit on it.

The fact is Lesnar works better with "hoss power guys" than any big man on earth. He gave Big Show his best matches ever in the spring of 2003, and his HIAC with Undertaker was probably Taker's best match in the last five years.

In addition, his monster character is totally over, and he has the kind of credibility as a heel that HHH can only dream of. When you combine all that with his incredible physical skills, and the fact that he's only 28 years old and has yet to reach his full potential, I don't see how you could not get excited.

HHH is afraid of Brock. This era should be HHH-Brock (after Hogan-Flair, HBK-Bret and Stone Cold-Rock). Hell, Ill begrudingly admit that he was the only person to draw a good match out of the UT and TBS, apart from Angle that is.

Edited by zyn081

Guest nWoCHRISnWo

Who are all these wrestlers that can work circles around Brock right now? Brock has been in the best 1 on 1 matches Undertaker and Big Show have had in years, possibly ever for Show. His matches against Guerrero and Benoit have been better than anyone else has had with them in a long time exlcuding Angle. I thought his SS match with the Rock was pretty good.

Maybe Angle, Benoit, Guerrero. For the style they're forced to wrestle in, there aren't many guys who do it better than Lesnar in WWE.

Guest Vodka Avenger2

Crazy thoughts:

Billy Kidman uses the Shooting Star Press.

Matt Morgan uses the F-5.

Brock Lesnar uses both finishes.

Brock Lesnar is returning.

He will probably re-sign for a lot of money.

WWE just cut lots dead weight and some useful talent (Haas & Morgan) to trim the budget.

Coinkie-dink?

Ya never know.

Who are all these wrestlers that can work circles around Brock right now?  Brock has been in the best 1 on 1 matches Undertaker and Big Show have had in years,

Taker had great matches with RVD back in 2001 and 2002, and Brock's matches against Show are extremely overrated.