TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Jim Cornette on thin ice. Again

[email protected]

A decision has not yet been made on Jim Cornette's future with WWE after an incident at last night's OVW tapings in Louisville.

Cornette slapped Johnny Geo Basco backstage numerous times after Geo Basco laughed during what was supposed to be a serious scary angle.

As part of Marty Wright's new WWE persona as The Boogey Man, Cornette had introduced the character as a dangerous man, citing a worked criminal record and a background as being a sociopathical liar (off his "liar" nickname), citing he had been kicked out of the "Tough Enough" competition for lying (true) and based on a background check (untrue).

Wright did a run-in during the show, and Geo Basco, in front of the fans, started laughing at Wright instead of acting scared.

Cornette lost his temper, began yelling, and allegedly slapped him several times. The general feeling of those who were there, as Cornette's actions were witnessed by dozens, was that he was right in yelling at the guy, because he had messed up a major angle, but the slapping couldn't be defended.

Unlike with JBL, whose striking injured someone while Cornette didn't damage Geo Basco, Cornette was already on thin ice over a series of incidents, and was nearly fired two months ago for losing his temper on a number of occasions.

Credit - Observer.com

While the angle sounded stupid and probably legit hard not to laugh at in the first place, Geo Basco was being an asshole for basically ruining a debut and a possible storyline.

Guest Brian
Just Cornette, but I can't imagine Cornette's firing going over well with a lot of people who work in OVW, so who knows what OVW might do in response.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Cornette's doing a fine job from what I've heard and seen.

Oooh, a slap. From a chubby man probably a foot shorter than him.

I'd laugh at a guy called "The Boogeyman", too.

Cornette being a loudmouth jackass schmuck isn't really surprising. However, if they kept him this long of course he's not going to think much about acting that way.

Oooh, a slap.  From a chubby man probably a foot shorter than him.

I'd laugh at a guy called "The Boogeyman", too.

Cornette being a loudmouth jackass schmuck isn't really surprising.  However, if they kept him this long of course he's not going to think much about acting that way.

Cornette is by no means a jackass. He just isn't afraid of speaking his mind, and if that means calling someone a dumbfuck, he'll call them a dumbfuck, regardless of whether it's the best move politically to make.

Cornette is a jackass. Mark Madden, on the torch forum, recently wrote about how Cornette called him at home over something Madden said. Madden's mom picked up the phone and said Madden was not there. Cornette told her to take the nigger cock out of her mouth and write a message for Madden.

That comes directly from Mark.

Actually, this was in a thread where Mark was talking about his personal life. He was talking about how his mom was retired from working in the school system and about her health problems. But you can believe what you want, it does not make any difference to me.

And I thought that Corny being at least somewhat bigoted was common knowledge. Well, at least that he had no issues with dropping "nigger" even when it was inappropriate.

And telling a mother to take a cock out of her mouth and write a message for her son PWNS anything else he could have said.

From PWI:

Jim Cornette, who handled the Ohio Valley Wrestling developmental territory along with Danny Davis, was fired by World Wrestling Entertainment. The last straw in a series of incidents was Cornette slapping an OVW student "ten to fifteen times" after the student, in front of fans, giggled instead of showing fear towards The Boogeyman Marty Wright during an OVW TV taping.

There are a number of people who are noting that Cornette seemed extremely burned out in recent months, although none were willing to defend him for raising his hands to the student. One source noted that just last week, after returning from a WWE forced vacation, Cornette snapped and walked out of a taping while claiming he was done with the company, only to return an hour later.

There is no word yet as to who will be taking over Cornette's duties yet. Lance Storm finished his tenure with WWE yesterday and has headed home to Calgary. During Cornette's "vacation", Storm, Tommy Dreamer, and Al Snow handled the TV end of the territory

"giggled instead of showing fear towards The Boogeyman Marty Wright"

:lol:

"isn't afraid of speaking his mind, and if that means calling someone a dumbfuck, he'll call them a dumbfuck, regardless of whether it's the best move politically to make."

Who is the dumbfuck who came up with "The Boogeyman," I wonder?

Cornette is a jackass.  Mark Madden, on the torch forum, recently wrote about how Cornette called him at home over something Madden said.  Madden's mom picked up the phone and said Madden was not there.  Cornette told her to take the nigger cock out of her mouth and write a message for Madden.

Hahahahaahahahaha.

Cornette is an asshole but he knows wrestling and is fucking hilarious.

Official http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/releases

WWE has reached an agreement on the release of Jim Cornett from his duties in the developmental system OVW.

WWE has decided not to proceed with any renegotiations with Bubba and D-Von Dudley. We wish both Bubba and D-Von the best in all future endeavors.

Also, World Wrestling Entertainment has come to agreements on the release of the following Superstars. WWE would like to wish them the best in their future endeavors.

Cornette is a jackass.  Mark Madden, on the torch forum, recently wrote about how Cornette called him at home over something Madden said.  Madden's mom picked up the phone and said Madden was not there.  Cornette told her to take the nigger cock out of her mouth and write a message for Madden.

Hahahahaahahahaha.

Cornette is an asshole but he knows wrestling and is fucking hilarious.

Yeah, racist comment are so hilarious. Fuck outta here.

Guest news_gimmick

I wouldn't believe Madden as far as I could throw him. I don't buy what he is selling at all.

Guest Fook_Theta

Cornette has always had a bad temper and for his own sake I hope he learns one day how to deal with it in a reasonable non-carny manner. He is easily in the top five wrestling bookers right now. To see him throw part of that away over something minor is pitiful.