TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Jim Cornette on thin ice. Again

Well if you can't explain why the wrestler "deserved" it and how Cornette wasn't wrong, I guess we have no where else to go besides "taking the high road", eh Downhome? Or were you banking on that "it's wrestling" card to get you out of it?

1: The guy deserved a tongue lashing for messing the angle up.

2: The guy shouldn't have been slapped.

3: Cornette wasn't fired specifically because he slapped the guy, but it was the final straw, so in that way it did get him fired.

4: People who claim that if Cornette did that to them people would have to "hold them back", either don't have a clue about how wrestling works or don't care for getting fired, because you'd likely get fired for going after anyone in management, no matter what they did.

5: If people don't stop taking shots at each other, and get back to talking properly about the subject at hand, the thread will be closed.

This is completely the students fault. If you are told to do something, you do it. If not, you are fucked. What's the difference between fucking up and getting stiffed in the ring by guys bigger than you, or fucking up and getting slapped by Jim Cornette?

Guest Jim Ross

Yeah, racist comment are so hilarious. Fuck outta here.

Yes, his alleged comment to Mark Madden's mother is hilarious. Racist or not.

Yeah, well I don't find a white man saying "nigga" funny in the least. I guess you're easily amused, and definitely immature.

Or maybe you just have a stick up your ass and are easily offended?

stick up my ass? Where the fuck you from, homie? Don't turn tough guy over a computer screen.

And it took you damn near the whole day to come back with this second rate response? Fuck outta here. Bottomline is, if a white man saying "nigga" gives you comedy relief, then you have serious issues. And I'm far from "easily" offended, (When the fuck I say I was offended? I said it wasn't funny, dumbass). I'm just not easily entertained, which you seem to be.

Good day, tough guy.

But a Black guy can say it and sell millions of records and thats ok

stick up my ass? Where the fuck you from, homie? Don't turn tough guy over a computer screen.

And it took you damn near the whole day to come back with this second rate response? Fuck outta here. Bottomline is, if a white man saying "nigga" gives you comedy relief, then you have serious issues. And I'm far from "easily" offended, (When the fuck I say I was offended? I said it wasn't funny, dumbass). I'm just not easily entertained, which you seem to be.

Sorry if I don't check the boards every ten minutes to reply to your posts. I don't find you that special.

It's obvious you were offended by it because you only saw Cornette saying the word nigger. You didn't bring up what he said, you just brought up a part of what he said. If he would have called Mark Madden's mom saying, "nigger nigger nigger" over and over again, it wouldn't be funny, it'd just be stupid.

Here's the main difference: If a wrestler fucks up in the ring and a veteran stiffs him, it's a part of the business. Hazing perhaps, but it's part of paying dues. That said, I haven't heard of such protocol when it comes to being smacked around physically by the promoter or booker.

It's a matter of power as to who can do stuff like this. I've heard stories about Bill Watts hitting Shane Douglas and what not, but Watts was a tough guy wrestler in his day. I haven't heard of Vince actually attacking someone, though obviously some guys have gone after him (Nailz, Bret, etc). But fucking Jim Cornette, a guy who was a manager and then promoter of a 2nd rate feeder promotion? No way should anybody--trainee or not--take physical abuse from him. Sure, maybe the kid screwed up but this Boogeyman guy is a lame gimmick anyway so cut him some slack. It's worth pulling the guy aside and saying "Don't break character and laugh at the talent again or you're outta here." But there's no way I'd pay Jim Cornette money and then have him slap me around, no fucking way.

This is completely the students fault. If you are told to do something, you do it. If not, you are fucked. What's the difference between fucking up and getting stiffed in the ring by guys bigger than you, or fucking up and getting slapped by Jim Cornette?

You act as if stiffing people in the ring is acceptable.

When I was teaching in the inner city, I had enough black kids call me "nigga" that the word lost all its shock value to me.

I know that's not the same as how Cornette was using it, but come on...its just a word.

When I was teaching in the inner city, I had enough black kids call me "nigga" that the word lost all its shock value to me.

I know that's not the same as how Cornette was using it, but come on...its just a word.

I guess stuff like "kike", "cracker", "wetback" & "gook" are just words too.

Actually the fact that there isn't a GOOD, nasty racial slur for whites a bit surprising. Call me a crackermicpollack, I'll laugh in your face, because I have the slightest bit of pride in my heritage. 'Nigger' is still a disgusting, hateful word, but it's gaining some humor because (we hope) black people don't hear it every day as a slur. The use of 'Nigga' in popular colture is an example of taking a hateful word and turning it on its head. I certainly don't use it, but I don't begrudge black people who do. I have referred to myself as a 'mic' and a 'pollack' beacuse it's empowering to an extent. It defuses racial stereotypes as what they should be (and not necessarily are) as complete bullshit comedy.

That said I like Jim Cornette, but we all know that Pro wrestling is a bastion of cracker racial stereotyping. Live in the south for a bit. 'nigger' is second only to 'faggot' to the favourite terms of the unwashed masses. Hopefully it'll change in our lifetimes. It IS chaning in our lifetimes according to my life experience, because I think ANY nationality, ANY religion is respected, at least at face value. Racism has become just about the worst stigma, and that's progress.

Boiling it down 'nigger' or 'spic' or 'kyke' is about the worst, most horrible thing you can say nowadays. That's a good thing. *Cheesy DDP I fuck a model smile here*

I have never been offended over the word cracker. If anything, I find it quite funny at times.

No hint at all at Cornette being fired on OVW TV this week. Could be a very interesting show next week.

My gut says just because WWE canned him doesn't mean the end of Cornette in OVW, which is going to make a lot of people sweat.

:D

My gut says just because WWE canned him doesn't mean the end of Cornette in OVW, which is going to make a lot of people sweat.

He's not gone from OVW, just from the WWE roster and payroll. He can, and likely will, still work in OVW, just as many others do, and have done, when WWE have canned them.

While the angle sounded stupid and probably legit hard not to laugh at in the first place, Geo Basco was being an asshole for basically ruining a debut and a possible storyline.

Excuse my ignorance, but who the fuck is this ass monkey Geo Basco?

Hopefully he get's signed on for another shoot interview before anything else. 

I can see it already-

"I spent however much fucking time with Matt Morgan making him my own personal fucking prodigy on the fuckin mic because he was just goddamn hopeless in the fuckin ring and what do they do?Call him up and give him a fucking studdering gimmick which just pretty much flushed all my fuckin work down the goddamn toilet and then let him go not even a fuckin month later."

If I was Cornette Id just say good riddance to bad rubbish. The guy creates talent for the WWE just to see it flushed down the toilet cause its a Jim Cornette and not a Vince McMahon creation.

Look at the OVW Orginals. What made OVW hot? The 4 of them feuding. What does WWE do? Keep them apart or team them up. Give them a stupid French sympathiser, mentally deficient and kinky submissive gimmicks. The only reason that Eugene worked was because of Nick and nobody else.

Matt Morgan, one of the better promo guys. What do WWE do? Give him a freakin stutter. .

They break up OVW tag teams (Troubleshooters, New Jersey Shore Crew), to saddle them with dumb gimmicks (The Masterpiece and Simon Dean) and then team up individuals (The Bashams).

Batista was a monster in OVW before he was saddled with the lame Deacon crap and way before he did so on RAW.

Say whatever you want but I think Cornette has a knack for knowing which wrestlers should go solo and which should be in tag teams.

Cornette doesnt always hit (Heidi for example, but I suspect that since he was cut so many times from OVW, he was brought back due to WWE interference) and CCC has gotten over in the mike in WWE more than he did in OVW. Benjamin, Orton and especially Cena have accelerated in the WWE; but the WWE drop the ball more times than they run with the talent they are given.

Whats the point of having a feeder system if you dont use what they give him. The only talent that they have taken as it was is MNM.

Eh, Burchill, I guess. WWE style will make him not anymore effective than Matt Morgan or Mark Jindrak though.

O no, Burchill. The WWE are going to ruin one of the better big men of all time. :angry:

What an ass, to laugh on front of TV. I know it doesnt justify a beating, hell Cornette could have just told an OVW veteran to stiff him one, but still the most stupidist thing Ive ever heard a wrestler do, especially considering its from a nobody.

Here's the main difference:  If a wrestler fucks up in the ring and a veteran stiffs him, it's a part of the business.  Hazing perhaps, but it's part of paying dues.  That said, I haven't heard of such protocol when it comes to being smacked around physically by the promoter or booker.

It's a matter of power as to who can do stuff like this.  I've heard stories about Bill Watts hitting Shane Douglas and what not, but Watts was a tough guy wrestler in his day.  I haven't heard of Vince actually attacking someone, though obviously some guys have gone after him (Nailz, Bret, etc).  But fucking Jim Cornette, a guy who was a manager and then promoter of a 2nd rate feeder promotion?  No way should anybody--trainee or not--take physical abuse from him.  Sure, maybe the kid screwed up but this Boogeyman guy is a lame gimmick anyway so cut him some slack.  It's worth pulling the guy aside and saying "Don't break character and laugh at the talent again or you're outta here."  But there's no way I'd pay Jim Cornette money and then have him slap me around, no fucking way.

Ahhh, so when Holly shoots on Dupree or JBL on Meanie its ok is it?

Guest Brian

Here's a bone for all you heyman-iacs from Meltzer with love:

"Paul Heyman will be writing OVW television at least this week. We don't have confirmation if that's a permanent deal or not."

I'm highly intrigued at this Heyman thing. Hey, why not make Heyman the booker for OVW? I might actually start going to the shows more often if he took over and made it a crazed ECW style show.

As far as Holly shooting on Dupree, I can't remember the exact details of the situation. If Dupree fucked up enough to deserve it, I don't mind so much....if Holly just took liberties then that sucks. JBL/Meanie doesn't fit in here since Meanie hadn't even DONE anything to earn being beat down, so yeah JBL was sleaze here.

Here's the sort of thing I mean. Let's say this student cracks up and Cornette is pissed. Next time this kid has a training session have a more tenured OVW guy be stiffer than normal with him, not to do any real damage but just send the message that those sort of screwups won't be tolerated.

Guest Brian
I'm highly intrigued at this Heyman thing.  Hey, why not make Heyman the booker for OVW?  I might actually start going to the shows more often if he took over and made it a crazed ECW style show.

It'll ruin what they have going on right now. If you can make it out to these shows, you should be. It's a much better product than WWE's put out in a long time.

The Heyman thing is very intriguing but will probably be short lived. December is going to be interesting as to whether or not they re-sign Heyman or if he is left to pursue his own interest. I'm almost thinking that with their intent to have future ECW PPV's and to avoid the possibility of Heyman working with something like TNA - they will have to re-sign Paul. The ECW crowd would shit on any attempt to do another PPV knowing that Heyman has no involvement. I'm doubting he'll sign on again with no creative role. As much as I think Heyman would benefit WWE's creative team, maybe having him in the role of developing young green talent may be beneficial to the company and Heyman's long term future with the company. Let's face it, ECW was pretty much the company that fed talent to WWF and WCW. Heyman had a way of showcasing strengths and covering up weaknesses and getting the best use of his talent.

If I were Vince McMahon, I'd give Heyman 6 months in total control of OVW. This would mean writing the shows, working with talent and also selecting talent to work in the company. Allow him the opportunity to select some ROH or indie talent to work in OVW and possibly sign on to WWE developmental. Make CM Punk and Kid Kash pet projects for him. Put forth some money to stream the OVW television shows on either WWE's website or OVW's. We should be able to see the developmental productions in some form on the net. You obviously don't want to put green talent on cable television but there would undoubtedly be an interest from people online to stream an OVW show or perhaps add it to WWE 24-7.

See how much interest the net fans have in OVW's television and their reactions to developing talent. If Heyman is able to get select talent ready for WWE then bring them into the company with his creative input as this would gradually get him involved in WWE creative again without the stress of involving him in preparing an entire Raw or Smackdown.

did i read that right, he slapped the guy FIFTEEN times!? 15 times!?

You'd think after slap 7 or 8 the guy would grab cornette's hand and be like "Hey, dude, stop slapping me!"

I can understand losing your temper and throwing one or two hits, especially if the guy ruined the angle... BUT FIFTEEN!? In a row?? that's insane and pretty indefensible. What a sight that must be though.

"You fucked up!"

SLAP!

Sorry bos-

SLAP!

Jim, what the- SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! Oww! SLAP~! SLAP! SLAP!

i just couldn't hel-SLAP! oww! SLAP! couldn't help laughing! SOrry-SLAP!

(add about 6 more slaps)

Words are only offensive if you let them be.

Once people quit getting offended by racial slurs, people who are trying to offend you will quit using them.

Words are only offensive if you let them be.

Once people quit getting offended by racial slurs, people who are trying to offend you will quit using them.

So you basically saying it's ok to disrespect people based on race & culture? Excuse me for having some dignity.

Crap like that is easy to say when you're NOT a minority. Oh & sorry for throwin this off-topic again. If it helps, yea, I'm still glad Cornette's ass got canned.

It sucks that it happened, but Cornette got what he deserved, whether or not this is wrestling. I hope he resurfaces somewhere because he is a talented pro wrestling guy with boatloads of knowledge, but he absolutely deserved to be released.