TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker

maybe these are just the full matches on the DVD the main fluff piece will have his debut, title wins, Taker vs Taker, and other crap while the extras are just matches, ie Flair and Hogan where the piece talked more about them rather than the extra matches on the DVD.

They are listing this on wwe shop.com (where you can preorder it by itself or a package with a tshirt) and the description is:

"Features 21 of Undertaker’s Greatest Matches: Hulk Hogan- Survivor Series 1991, Yokozuna- Royal Rumble 1994, Diesel- WrestleMania XII, Mankind- In Your House Buried Alive, ********Bret Hart – In Your House: One Night Only(!)******, Shawn Michaels- In your House: Badd Blood, Kane- WrestleMania XIV, The Rock- King of the Ring 1999, Stone Cold Steve Austin- Fully Loaded 1999, Triple H WrestleMania X-7, Hulk Hogan- Judgment Day 2002 and much more!! Plus lots of extras, including vignettes, interviews, and other material."

so the one night only match is on there? and if so I dont know why they think that show was an In Your House.

There is a trailer available at the site as well.

If you want the debut and Mean Mark matches, check out Taker's previous DVD which I think was called "My Yard' or something like that, it was released in 2001 I believe.

I wish this would have included some of the footage of the promos where Ultamite Warrior was enlisting Jake the Snake to help him prepare for the UT, and then Jake turned saying you could never trust a snake.

Or how about right when UT turned face, I believe he was saving Elizabeth(maybe it was someone else) from getting a chair shot behind the curtain from Jake Roberts.

The funeral parlor with Jake where I believe he closed the casket on Taker's hand, and Taker chased after him, casket and all........

Classics from my Childhood.

The funeral parlor with Jake where I believe he closed the casket on Taker's hand, and Taker chased after him, casket and all........

I remember that. Jake closed the casket on his hand and then he DDT'd Paul Bearer and then beat up the Taker with a chair. Don't remember him chasing him but it sounds like it would have happened.

If you want the debut and Mean Mark matches, check out Taker's previous DVD which I think was called "My Yard' or something like that, it was released in 2001 I believe.

I have the DVD, but they don't actually show a complete match with Mean Mark. It doesn't have the debut UT match either. Funny how they don't do this for HBK and UT, two men who basically stayed with the company since the early 90's(yes, I know of stories of both men trying to leave).

Guest lo0p

Not good news if this listing is true.

amazon.ca match listing

Apparently not all matches are in full.

DVD Chapters

Side #1 --

3. Survivor Series 1991 Vs. Hulk Hogan [:17]

4. Royal Rumble 1994 Vs. Yokozuna [3:17]

5. WrestleMania XII 1996 Vs. Diesel [18:32]

6. In Your House: Buried Alive 1996 Vs. Mankind [25:05]

7. In Your House: Revenge of Taken 1997 Vs. Mankind [25:12]

8. SummerSlam 1997 Vs. Bret Hart [8:53]

Side #2 --

1. In Your House: Ground Zero 1997 Vs. Shawn Michaels [31:24]

2. In Your House: Badd Blood 1997 Hell in a Cell Match Vs. Shawn Michaels [36:14]

3. WrestleMania XIV Vs. Kane [18:35]

4. Unforgiven 1998 Inferno Match Vs. Kane [2:06]

5. King of the Ring 1998 Hell in a Cell Match Vs. Mankind [8:05]

6. King of the Ring 199 Vs. The Rock [:14]

Side #3 --

1. Fully Loaded 199 First Blood Match Vs. Stone Cold [25:49]

2. WrestleMania XVII Vs. Triple H [25:10]

3. Judgment Day 2002 Vs. Hulk Hogan [20:49]

4. No Merxh 2002 Hell in a Cell Match Vs. Brock Lesnar [14:03]

5. Vengeance 2003 John Cena [15:52]

6. Survivor Series 2003 Buried Alive Match Vs. Mr. Machine [5:09]

7. WrestleMania XX Vs. Kane [1:56]

I'm not sure I buy that, as it doesn't include the One Night Only Match, and I've seen the DVD in stores and that match is listed.

Plus Vince is named Mr. Machine on that list.

I'm not sure I buy that, as it doesn't include the One Night Only Match, and I've seen the DVD in stores and that match is listed.

Plus Vince is named Mr. Machine on that list.

LMAO

Whats the deal? not all full matches?

Guest Cole

I'm still going to buy this whether the matches are totally in full, I enjoy the DVD's more that way. Not alot of boring action in some cases.

The cover art isn't very good though, that kinda bothers me.

I just bought "Tombstone" at Wal-Mart for $21.88...3 discs, 10 hours, I'll letcha know about match lengths in a little bit, I'm puttin' some on now. There is no extra "main feature". The whole disc is the "main feature", but UNLIKE the Michaels: From the Vault DVD we get a whole mess of buildup and "what he did on the way to the PPV" stuff. Not just matches as chapters, and certain interview/matches (including ONE NIGHT ONLY) as "extras".

THE DVD CASE

Weird. Inside the DVD the discs come in a "3-stack", which REALLY is lame, and can have them be scratched more easily.

It's the left side with the insert for WWE 24/7, PPV calendar, and the Tombstone insert, and the right side just had the 3 DVDs stacked on top of each other. Lame.

Off to watch...

OH MY GOD JAKE PUT A SNAKE IN MISS ELIZABETH'S BOX!!!!!

Wait...

DISC ONE

Taker's debut

Taker/Bearer Superstars (logo background) promo

Taker roughs up Warrior

Taker roughs up Snuka

Taker roughs up Hogan

Taker Vs. Hogan - Survivor Series 91 -full

Clip of Taker taking out Jake

Taker Vs. Yokozuna - full plus postmatch "death"

Taker Vs. Diesel - full

Taker Vs. Mankind BURIED ALIVE - full plus postmatch stuff

Taker Vs. Mankind Revenge of Taker - full match too

Vs. Bret BUILD UP

Vs. Bret SummerSlam 97 full match

DISC ONE EXTRAS

All the promos you've already seen and read about.

PLUS THE FULL 31 MINUTE ONE NIGHT ONLY Vs. Bret Match

_______

In Summary:

Based on Disc 1, I'd say all matches are in full, with a few minutes of what led Taker to the match between each. Really cool historic disc, even if some of the matches suck.

And for whoever doubted it...

There IS Undertaker Vs. Kurt Angle from September 03 Smackdown! for the title.

Full matches:

Vs. Hogan - SSeries 91

Vs. Hogan - Judgment Day 2002

Vs. Yoko - Rumble 94

Vs. Diesel - WM 12

Vs. Mankind - Buried Alive

Vs. Mankind - Revenge of the Taker

Vs. Mankind - KOTR 98

Vs. Bret - SummerSlam

Vs. Bret - One Night Only

Vs. Shawn - Ground Zero

Vs. Shawn - Badd Blood

Vs. Kane - WM 14

Vs. Kane - Unforgiven

Vs. Kane - WM 20

Vs. The Rock - KOTR 99

Vs. Austin - Fully Loaded 99

Vs. HHH - WM 17

Vs. Brock - No Mercy 2002

Vs. Cena - Vengeance 2003

Vs. Mr. McMahon - SSeries 03

Vs. Angle - Smackdown Sept 03

well there you go the one night only match and the angle match from 03. wwe does listen to us, well sometimes.

maybe I wil pick this up after all, epsecially if I can find it at walmart for that price.

LOL the back of the dvd case mentions "In Your House: One Night Only" geez someone is sleeping here. It wasnt an IYH it was a UK exclusive ppv. IS there anyone checking for facts at WWE? Remidns me of how the anthology cd set had "Deadly Game" (the survivor series 1998 theme) as an IYH theme.

Wasn't gonna get this, now I will, should be able to get Wal-mart to price match with Best Buy.

Wasn't gonna get this, now I will, should be able to get Wal-mart to price match with Best Buy.

how much is it at BB?

EDIT: Never mind the website lists it at 16.99, but I wonder if that will be the same as in store? (EX the stars of the 80s set was listed at 23.97 on the site and it cost 27.99 instore here)

Edited by Jericholic82

Well since it wound up NOT being the "One Night Only" that WWE would end up running "UK Exclusive" PPVs, I don't mind revisionist history calling ONO "In Your House: One Night Only".

One Night Only is an important event, or at least moreso than any other UK Exclusive PPV ever.

It was hyped heavily on Raw, with angles and matches from it covered the next day on Raw afterward.

how much is it at BB?

EDIT: Never mind the website lists it at 16.99, but I wonder if that will be the same as in store? (EX the stars of the 80s set was listed at 23.97 on the site and it cost 27.99 instore here)

I have the color add and it's 16.99 there too.

Guest *KNK*

I'm getting sick of fake dvd listings midguiding us.

The admission of ONO and SD 2003 sealed by decision to purchse.

I find it hilarious that Flair's 3 disc dvd costed around $21.99 to even $34.99

and even at BB, The taker dvd was apprently $16.99

Which likely means Wal-Mart will be $14.97 or something.

Guest Ransome
I'm getting sick of fake dvd listings midguiding us.

Obviously, these advance DVD matchlists are meant only to give a ballpark estimate of the DVD contents. If you feel mislead by them, it's entirely your fault for taking them as gospel when they're clearly intended only as initial signposts for how the completed DVD will end up. For what it's worth, the listings on silvervision and highspots usually wind up being fairly accurate anyway.

The inclusion of ONO and the SD match greatly augments this DVD, but I still would have preferred a more even mixture of established classics and rare matches to entice completists.

That is still an awful lot of crap that I either already own or don't care to own.

However, "Undertaker roughs up Warrior" from Superstars got my attention, and if the ONO match is as good as Bret Hart was saying on Off the Record (when he complained about being "left of the box", apparently unaware he was left off the tape, too) it might be worth checking out. I enjoy the Rumble 94 match for crap value, too, and my only access to that is via Jukebox, so this DVD set is not entirely out of the question.

how much is it at BB?

I have the color add and it's 16.99 there too.

Cool, Ill have to make it there somehow. most likely I wont though :angry:

I want it cuz I havent seen some of those matches such as

Bret vs Taker summerslam 97 or One Night Only

Both shawn matches that are on there

the buried alive and revenge of taker vs mankind

HIAC vs Brock

Vengeance 03 vs Cena

Buried Alive vs Vince

Judgmentd Day vs Hogan

KOTR 99 vs Rock

so thats like 11 that I havent seen plus ones that I dont have or dont have in dvd quality so its cool

and how come this didnt come in a case like the 80s one? thats stupid

I wonder why they dont have the boiler room brawl vs mankind on here though, as it marked a huge storyline change in Taker (Paul Bearer Betrays him)Id rather have that then the summerslam vs bret or BA vs Vince

oh well

Guest Ken_Anderson
I just bought "Tombstone" at Wal-Mart for $21.88...3 discs, 10 hours, I'll letcha know about match lengths in a little bit, I'm puttin' some on now.  There is no extra "main feature".  The whole disc is the "main feature", but UNLIKE the Michaels: From the Vault DVD we get a whole mess of buildup and "what he did on the way to the PPV" stuff. Not just matches as chapters, and certain interview/matches (including ONE NIGHT ONLY) as "extras".

Hey, thanks for the price info and match/chapter listing man. I'm off to Wal-Mart right now to pick it up. I've never been a big Taker fan, but it sounds like an awesome set :lol:

Guest Gary Busey

Best Buy has a first day sale. The one I went to had them for marked as $23 on the packaging, but there was a sign that said they were on sale for $15. AFAIK, they do this with all of the new releases and the sale only lasts the first day. I got it really cheap.

Im still waiting on other reviews. I was at Best Buy today and saw it for 23.99 although I think it is on sale I will order it from there and pick it up.