TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

Sin City on DVD soon...

I don't know if anyone else reported it yet or read it, but I saw an interview with Robert Rodriguez the other day where he said that the Sin City DVD coming out on the 16th of this month will be a barebones addition because the studio is releasing a 2-Disc version this December. Here is an interview about the releases here:

Robert Rodriguez Interview

Although many could probably see it coming, I am pretty disappointed. There aren't that many DVD releases coming out with the exception of some rereleases (i.e. Tommy Boy Special Edition) that I actually want. This was one of the ones I looked forward to. From the sounds of the interview, I guess I can wait the four months, just kind of disappointing when this month was already going to be a slow month to DVD. I guess it will make up for it with some decent theatrical stuff I want to see.

Feh. This doesn't bother me. 9 times out of 10 when I buy these 2-disc SE's I never even watch the second disc. Don't really give much of a shit about behind the scenes featurettes and the like.

So, unless the SE is an extra special extended directors cut with more story to it, I'm buying the version that comes out tomorrow next week. :P

Feh. This doesn't bother me. 9 times out of 10 when I buy these 2-disc SE's I never even watch the second disc. Don't really give much of a shit about behind the scenes featurettes and the like.

So, unless the SE is an extra special extended directors cut with more story to it, I'm buying the version that comes out tomorrow. :P

It comes out the 16th, at least in Fort Erie, where out free preview DVD's aren't going very well at all(I work in Walmart Electronics)

But I can't imagine ever liking a movie so much that I'd want to see all the extras and what have you, at least not more than once. You were spot on.

Oops - meant to say next week. ;)

Also:

"There will be another version coming out in December. It will have two discs and you can watch all three stories in any order. And we recorded the audience at the Austin première, so you can click a button and hear the crowd. You feel like you were there."

This doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Though, he does say in the end that people can see the movie how it was meant to be seen in terms of violence. So maybe it is a director's cut after all.. *shrug*

EDIT: That also reminds me, CG, is Wal-Mart in Canada getting the TNA anthology DVD set? I had seen news about it in terms of American Wal-Marts, but nothing for Canadian ones...

Oops - meant to say next week. ;)

Also:

"There will be another version coming out in December. It will have two discs and you can watch all three stories in any order. And we recorded the audience at the Austin première, so you can click a button and hear the crowd. You feel like you were there."

This doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Though, he does say in the end that people can see the movie how it was meant to be seen in terms of violence. So maybe it is a director's cut after all.. *shrug*

EDIT: That also reminds me, CG, is Wal-Mart in Canada getting the TNA anthology DVD set? I had seen news about it in terms of American Wal-Marts, but nothing for Canadian ones...

Not to my knowledge, but I'm working Wednesday next, and I'll flirt with the merchandiser, if need be.

Guest El Satanico

I expected this from the studio, but damn four more months...that sucks.

I'm just glad they aren't tricking me by releasing a good DVD before releasing the even better DVD with a director's cut, like Hellboy.

Haven't seen it yet, but with all the good things I've heard from people I trust, plus the fact that I hate owning non-SE DVDs, I will wait until later this year to buy the SE. I might rent it first, but if it's as good as everyone says it is, I might just wait until I buy it to see it.

looks like I'll be double dipping, had this on pre-order before I heard about the upcoming SE, tried to cancel it but it didn't get through in time as I just got my shipping notice, oh well, been dying to see it again.

Guest SpiderFan
I'm psyched that there'll be a special edition, but it sucks that we have to wait so fucking long to get it! Hopefully Batman Begins will come out soon.

Batman Begins comes out on Oct. 18th, along with special editions of the four original Bat-films.

The details of the Special Edition have been released.

Sin City - Extended Recut

Buena Vista Home Entertainment has just revealed complete details for Sin City: Recut & Extended Edition. Available on December 13th, the two-disc set will feature both the 124-minute theatrical cut, as well as a new 147-minute extended version presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS Surround tracks. Bonus materials will include commentary with directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, a second track with Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino and a third with the Austin Premiere crowd.

More extras included are "A Hard Top With a Decent Engine: The Cars of Sin City," "Making the Monsters: Special Effects Make-Up," "Trench Coats & Fishnets: The Costumes of Sin City," "Booze Broads & Guns: The Props of Sin City," "How It Went Down: Convincing Frank Miller To Make the Film," "Giving the Characters Life: Casting the Film," "Special Guest Director: Quentin Tarantino," "The Movie in High-Speed Green Screen," "15 Minute Film School with Robert Rodriguez," "10 Minute Cooking School with Robert Rodriguez," "The Long Take: 17 Uninterrupted Minutes of Tarantino's Segment," "Sin City Night at Antones" cast & crew party, bloopers, a "Sin-Chroni-City" Interactive Game, teaser and theatrical trailers. Rounding out the package will be a special edition printing of original Sin City graphic novel "The Hard Goodbye." Retail will be $39.99.