TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
natey2k4

August 13th, 2005 - RAW House Show Results

I just got home from a RAW House show and just thought I'd pass on the results..

*Chris Cage & Mike 'the miz' Mizanan d. The Islanders of Rory & Robbie MacAllister via pinfall.

*Rob Conway d. Viscera via pinfall with feet on the ropes. (Maria was the special guest ring announcer)

*Chris Masters d. Rene Dupree via The Masterlock. Masters was over HUGEEEEEEEEEE as a face.

*Carlito Carribbean Cool d. Shelton Benjamin via pinfall. *Clean, Powerbomb from the second rope.

*The Hurricane & Rosey d. Trevor Rhodes & Lance Cade via pinfall. After the match, The Cowboys beat down Hurricane and Rosey.

INTERMISSION

*Chris Jericho's highlight reel. Special Guest - Trish Stratus.

*Chris Jericho d. Gene Snitsky via submission.

*Kurt Angle d. Eugene via submission.

*The Big Show d. Edge via pinfall.

Biggest Pops

5) The Hurricane

4) Carlito Caribbean Cool

3) Eugene

2) Chris Jericho

1) Chris Masters (no shit, everything he did the crowd went bonkers over).

Most Heat

5) Rob Conway

4) Snitsky

3) Trevor Rhodes & Lance Cade

2) Edge

1) Kurt Angle

Pretty good show, although kind of short. Only about 2:15, probably 2:00 with the intermission. (hours). Fun time though. Big Show is HUGEEEEEE in person. And why was Masters so over as a face.. :huh: :huh: :huh:

*Chris Cage & Mike 'the miz' Mizanan d. The Islanders of Rory & Robbie MacAllister via pinfall.

You mean the "Highlanders"? Otherwise, someone in that company needs a lesson in Scottish culture.

Yeah, I know they're the Highlanders, I seen an Neo-Spirit show with Robbie on it.. but they called them the "Islanders".. yeah I was confused too.

Chris Cage & Mike 'the miz' Mizanan d. The Islanders of Rory & Robbie MacAllister via pinfall.

Decent.. nothing offensive. Cage is very good.

*Rob Conway d. Viscera via pinfall with feet on the ropes. (Maria was the special guest ring announcer)

Not very good.. but not as bad as most Viscera matches. Same match partically as RAW, except with more crisp execution.

*Chris Masters d. Rene Dupree via The Masterlock. Masters was over HUGEEEEEEEEEE as a face.

This was good. And I don't mean OMFG best match ever!! but this was pure fun.. and good for the two involved. Way better than I thought it would be.

*Carlito Carribbean Cool d. Shelton Benjamin via pinfall. *Clean, Powerbomb from the second rope.

Probably the best match I've seen out of these two. I really liked the Clean finish.

*The Hurricane & Rosey d. Trevor Rhodes & Lance Cade via pinfall. After the match, The Cowboys beat down Hurricane and Rosey.

Good when Hurricane and Cade were in the ring. Not so great when Rhodes was.

INTERMISSION

*Chris Jericho's highlight reel. Special Guest - Trish Stratus.

Fun stuff, good to see Trish back.

*Chris Jericho d. Gene Snitsky via submission.

Yikes. Better than expected, but anything Snitsky does remotely well is better than exepcted. Jericho worked hard to make him look good

*Kurt Angle d. Eugene via submission.

Awesome match, a little short though

*The Big Show d. Edge via pinfall.

Yeh, this was bad. Lol.

Not a great show, but not a bad show. And being there, on the floor, on the entrance way, is awesome no matter usually how bad a show is.

Oh a few more notes.

The funniest thing was probably after the show when Someone and Eugene were driving away. Eugene was in the passenger seat, and Chris Masters jumped onto his window and started to poke at Eugene. GREAT stuff. Masters was AWESOME. I'm really starting the like the guy now:).

As much as we as fans HATE the Diva Search, I have to say Maira is probably the coolest person I've ever met. She stayed for probably, an hour, signing autographs after the show. She wanted to leave, Everyone was bugging her too, but she'd look back at the fans and keep signing away... it was amazing. She was definately one of the coolest people I've ever met.

Chris Cage was also cool about signing autographs after the show, funny stuff when Miz kept yelling at Cage to leave, but he kept signing away lol.

Eugene *apparently* was a class act before the show... Signing Autographs. Didn't see him sign autographs though

No Cena? Jericho playing a face? Rob Conway defeating Viscera? Seriously, WTF kinda show was this? :huh:

Guest *KNK*
No Cena?  Jericho playing a face?  Rob Conway defeating Viscera?  Seriously, WTF kinda show was this? :huh:

The show was in Canada, thus explaining Jericho being a face.

Cena has promotional work to do and Conway beating Viscera is a good thing.

I love how Jericho, who is technically suppose to be their top heel since he's challenging for the title, can easily turn face in Canada while Edge, who's actually *from* Ontario, can't. Man, people hate Edge.

Isn't Dupree from Quebec? I thought everyone in Quebec was hated by the rest of Canada. Maybe that's why Masters was so over as a face.

I love how Jericho, who is technically suppose to be their top heel since he's challenging for the title, can easily turn face in Canada while Edge, who's actually *from* Ontario, can't. Man, people hate Edge.

Put Edge in a match right now in Toronto against any top level face and (barring Cena and maybe Hogan) he'd probably get cheered over them. Toronto is really weird with who we cheer and one thing that does earn our love is total and utter shootism. And what Edge did to Matt Hardy last Monday- that was shootism. Edge got a massive pop when he speared HBK at the Toronto RAW in January when he was just starting into his heel character. I can't even imagine how over he'd be now.

I don't like the guy, but man, Shelton must have pissed someone in the back off.

Put Edge in a match right now in Toronto against any top level face and (barring Cena and maybe Hogan) he'd probably get cheered over them. Toronto is really weird with who we cheer and one thing that does earn our love is total and utter shootism. And what Edge did to Matt Hardy last Monday- that was shootism. Edge got a massive pop when he speared HBK at the Toronto RAW in January when he was just starting into his heel character. I can't even imagine how over he'd be now.

Okay, okay, I can see that. Toronto is a strange creature in that regard, I agree. But unless WWE actually does a show in Orangesville (I think that's where Edge is from), barring Toronto, Edge would get booed in Canada. He got booed good and hard in Vancouver while fellow Canadian heel Christian got cheered. I think Edge maybe the only Canadian heel that would get booed hard in Canada (again, not including Toronto).

Well, Edge did get booed in Toronto but that was at last years Summerslam when he was a shitty face; and Jericho was in the same match. Edge did get a better response in January for RAW though.

You mean the "Highlanders"? Otherwise, someone in that company needs a lesson in Scottish culture.

And someone please tell me their entrance music is "Princes of the Universe" by Queen.

So they are bringing the Highlanders/Islanders in right? And they are letting them job to some meaningless team, what the hell is up with that?

And for the last time: WHAT THE FUCK DID BENJAMIN DO TO VINCE!??

I think it's kinda funny how people are overreacting to Benjamin jobbing to Carlito in this thread.

It's a house show. Chill the fuck out.

I see Shelton becoming the internets newest version of Chris Benoit. People constantly complaining about him being held down and such.

I think it's kinda funny how people are overreacting to Benjamin jobbing to Carlito in this thread.

It's a house show. Chill the fuck out.

That'd be reasonable, if he hadn't been jobbed out the past month. Like I said, I don't like the guy, I don't think he's ready for singles matches, and I don't think he'll ever be good enough to be a main eventer, but his treament after holding the IC title has been questionable. Maybe Vince decided that Shelton wasn't ready or something.

What Shelton hate? All I ever hear on these forums is how they need to push the guy.

Shelton should be the top face. HBK needs to put over Shelton. Shelton's the future of Raw. Shelton's actually good on the mic if you give him time. Shelton's the best worker on Raw.

Honestly, the Shelton "hate" is just a natural reaction to the 2000 smarks that are fighting each other to suck his cock.

His series with Christian and he had a 4 minute match with Benoit that was the bomb. Plus, the underrated 3-way from the night after Wrestlemania. I also enjoyed his matches with HHH and Orton.

His series vs Christian was awful. You don't say WHY you like it anyways, but their best match was at Survivor Series 04 and it was a mess. The crowd not being into either guy hurt it, and they did nothing but follow normal "You do a bunch of moves, I'll do a bunch of moves, then we'll do the pin-two count-move-pin-two count-move-pin....". Nothing meant anything in ANY of their matches, which makes it hard to get into the match, and the fact that WWE gave us no reason to care about either of them made it even worse.

The Benoit match I haven't seen, but four minutes? Doesn't seem like enough time was given to it to be calling it "The Bomb".

The three way I haven't seen, but did it follow typical "one guy gets thrown of the ring while the other two fight" forumla? If so, I'll pass...

The first Triple H match was memorable because of the shocking upset, but what did Shelton do in his performance for you to claim he's a great worker? He bumped good, but Hunter carried that match with HIS offense for the most part. You could have replace Shelton with any midcard face.

And what about Shelton's recent series with Carlito including his series of badly botched spots? And his matches with Jericho? His match vs Flair which HE fucked up Flair's building of working on Shelton's leg?

It's funny that Orton often gets shit on for his work, yet his match vs a fat, retired Mick Foley at Backlash 2004 was better than anything I've ever seen Shelton do.