TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Bands that everyone hates, but you like.....

Gotta add Front Line Assembly. Sure, Bill Leeb can't decide what genre to stick with, and sure, he's one of the worst song writers in the history of music. But I still love FLA.

That's cool.

The only bands that approach the 'hate' level for me would be like Godsmack, Puddle of Mudd etc for the blatant disrespectful copying of AiC, Nirvana etc. And Limp Bizkit for the 'Behind Blue Eyes' butchering and the new guitarist search bullshit.

And, I like (and hugely respect) John Coltrane. I was making a reference to how some people try to disparage bands like Zeppelin etc to sound 'underground credible' or something.

Yeah, I figured you were being facetious with the Coltrane reference ... and I hate to admit it, but by the definition of 'hate' that I used above, I 'hate' Zeppelin, too. I recognize that they're skilled and competely understand why so many people dig them. I just don't need to ever hear them again.

Guest Just Bring It

The Killers (I guess people don't like them... :huh:)

Blink-182

The Used

My Chemical Romance

Fall Out Boy

Limp Bizkit (Some)

Papa Roach

System Of A Down

I'll edit my post as I think of some more...

Guest RadioBurning
I also quite like Kelly Clarkson. Go ahead. Rip me, everyone else does.

Ever since I saw her perform "Since U Been Gone" on SNL and saw the guitarist take a weird feedback-laden solo (which was hilarious in a Kelly Clarkson song), it gets stuck in my head a lot, and people do not enjoy my singing/air guitaring.

I didn't realize anyone hated on the Hives, as everyone I know loves them.

Anyway, for me:

Crass

Foreigner

Neil Young's voice rubs a lot of people the wrong way

Any Jazz, especially Free Jazz (Ornette Coleman)

Mazzy Star

If I mention Rites of Spring's affiliation to emo, people hate them

Country and Bluegrass

I also quite like Kelly Clarkson. Go ahead. Rip me, everyone else does.

Ever since I saw her perform "Since U Been Gone" on SNL and saw the guitarist take a weird feedback-laden solo (which was hilarious in a Kelly Clarkson song), it gets stuck in my head a lot, and people do not enjoy my singing/air guitaring.

There's actually a ton of feedback and distortion in all of her singles. Really weird for such manufactured pop, but I kinda like it. The whole detuned, monotone guitar part that runs all through the song you mentioned is really strange.

Anyway, for me:

Crass

Foreigner

Mazzy Star

Country and Bluegrass

People hate Crass?

And if people hate RoS just because they were one of the first emo bands (long before 'emo' was a negative thing) then they don't deserve the band.

Guest RadioBurning
Anyway, for me:

Crass

Foreigner

Mazzy Star

Country and Bluegrass

People hate Crass?

And if people hate RoS just because they were one of the first emo bands (long before 'emo' was a negative thing) then they don't deserve the band.

Most of my friends in the punk scene hate Crass, and my buddies from work hate all the atheist lyrics.

And well put about RoS.

I not a fan of Nickelback, but Photograph is a song that I quite like.

I get hated on for the following:

Coldplay

Something Corporate

Kill Hannah

AFI

Brand New

The Ataris

The Cure ( come on! )

I get taunted the most about liking Avril Lavigne.

For some reason I get shit for liking Nirvana and Jimmy Eat World. I don't understand it, but usually I just get pissed at whoever bad mouths them.

Everyone seems to hate Green Day's latest album American Idiot. I don't mind it at all. When comparing it to the feces that was Warning its fucking amazing.

There is nothing wrong with the fucking Killers either. Their fucking awesome, go see them live at a small venue.

Two bands that have been getting the shit played out of them recently that I can't stand are the fucking Bravery and Bloc Party. Nothing but drivel.

I went to a concert in August 1999 featuring Starship, Eddie Money, and Styx, and enjoyed it.

Ive also seen a few bands live that I would otherwise be unable to listen to (Fuel, Five For Fighting, 12 Stones, etc) and thanks to alcohol it was a pretty fun time. If cost is real low, or its part of a festival lineup, I can usually have a fun time watching awful bands.

Guest RadioBurning
I wonder, do enough people care about Mudhoney to hate them?  If so, then they go on my list.

Everone I know who has heard Mudhoney has at least liked "Touch Me I'm Sick".

Although I do like them, some of their stuff is too sloppy (I think that's the word I want) for certain people.

Rush. I cannot comprehend not having your face rocked off by Rush.

I also kind of like a band named Chavelle that I saw mentioned in this thread, and I believe they're considered uncool. I don't own any of their stuff, but out of all the current shit that gets played on the local ALTR3NATIVEEE RAWWK station their songs have stuck out as better than average.

I'm also a big INXS fan, not proud days for us....

Guest xSarahx

Back in the day, I was into Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls,and Hanson. :throwup:

Although I'm not a huge fan of the bands, I do own a My Chemical Romance CD and a Fall Out Boy CD. I like some of their stuff and I'm almost not ashamed.

Guest Samantha

Silverchair and The Dandy Warhols spring to mind, two of my favourite bands but nobody I know likes them all that much.

I don't think the opinions of people who hate "any jazz" should count for much, seeing as they're usually the same type of people you'd find lighting up a cross or attending Bob Jones university. ;)

I've liked a Sum 41 song, but you never read this sentence.

My Chemical Romance

Linkin Park

Staind

Disturbed

Add The Killers and Bubba Sparxx and I'm right there with you. Course I freely admit LP, Staind and Chemical are the biggest whiny bands on the planet but I still like em.

I've liked a Sum 41 song, but you never read this sentence.

If it makes you feel any better, I liked Dammit by Blink 182 ... but that was long before they became the popular uber-annoying tools that are now. Back then they were barely known, barely-annoying tools.

My Chemical Romance

Linkin Park

Staind

Disturbed

Add The Killers and Bubba Sparxx and I'm right there with you. Course I freely admit LP, Staind and Chemical are the biggest whiny bands on the planet but I still like em.

I like "Helena"....well until radio/MTV got ahold of it and played it non-stop...and "The Ghost Of You" is pretty good...

Bubba Sparxx is nothing to be ashamed of, he's pretty darn good...