TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Bands that everyone hates, but you like.....

Chumbawumba. My co-workers told me my assertion that Tubthumper was tragically underrated was correct in that their level of suckiness was actually higher than perceived. I can say with confidence that I'm right and all of them are wrong wrong wrong. Half of the restaurant is made up of people in various jam bands. I mean, come on.

I agree, I played this at work the other day. All of us that were umm, not suited to be working were singing a long to it.

The Killers came to my head pretty quickly.

Everyone loves the Killers deep down.

My friends at school don't understand why I like Phish.

My friends at home don't understand why I like MCR.

Odd world.

Electric Six - I love these guys and think their second album is one of the best albums this year. Pretty much everyone I know shits on them though.

I'm guessing that most here would hate a lot of what I like, and so do a lot of my friends,

(hippie stuff that a lot hate)

The Dead

Phish

Leftover Salmon

(other stuff that most people I know don't like)

Linkin Park

System of A Down

the killers are for van driving soccer moms. be assertive, you'll find others bands that do the killers music better than the killers. furthermore, the killers are the most boring looking band ever. have you ever seen the lead singer's facial expressions change? how about the statue of a bass player? boring boring boring. i'd rather watch a coldplay dvd.

the killers are for van driving soccer moms. be assertive, you'll find others bands that do the killers music better than the killers. furthermore, the killers are the most boring looking band ever. have you ever seen the lead singer's facial expressions change? how about the statue of a bass player? boring boring boring. i'd rather watch a coldplay dvd.

the killers are for van driving soccer moms.  be assertive, you'll find others bands that do the killers music better than the killers.  furthermore, the killers are the most boring looking band ever.  have you ever seen the lead singer's facial expressions change? how about the statue of a bass player? boring boring boring.  i'd rather watch a coldplay dvd.

This is the most damning indictment of the Killers that's I've read heretofore. And the Coldplay line in there, that really takes it over the top.

Also, it's funny when bands like Radiohead appear on this list and its converse.

I'm guessing that most here would hate a lot of what I like, and so do a lot of my friends,

The Dead

Phish

Leftover Salmon

Linkin Park

System of A Down

CD04, do you mean The Dead (as they currently are) or The Grateful Dead version (when Jerry was still alive)?

the killers are for van driving soccer moms.  be assertive, you'll find others bands that do the killers music better than the killers.  furthermore, the killers are the most boring looking band ever.  have you ever seen the lead singer's facial expressions change? how about the statue of a bass player? boring boring boring.  i'd rather watch a coldplay dvd.

You mean Duran Duran?

Anyways I like The Killers and Duran Duran as well as...

Depeche Mode

Foo Fighters

Fugazi

Gin Blossoms

Genesis

Gorillaz

and a shit load of Country music.

The Dead

Phish

Leftover Salmon

Linkin Park

System of A Down

CD04, do you mean The Dead (as they currently are) or The Grateful Dead version (when Jerry was still alive)?

Both. I actually really like the new Dead, especially when they have Warren Haynes playing and singing a lot.

I get shit because the only musicians I listen to are Moby, Bjork and Rob Zombie (yes, Rob Zombie). Especially Moby.

Don't worry, CC. I like Fozzy too. Took me a few listens of All That Remains to get me to like it, and I still don't think it's nearly at the level that it could've been (since the originals off Happenstance were good fucking metal), it's still better than half of the shit out there right now.

If people hate the Grateful Dead, then yeah, I like 'em too, I like them more evrytime I listen to a new album(just heard Working Man's Dead, that one's fun AND it has a song called Dire Wolf, although it's(the album) pretty country) Anyhow, I also liked Evanesence, although I haven't seen the concert DVD yet. I'm also a huge fan of Puffy AmiYumi, which makes sense in that I'm an otaku and have gotten a taste for J Pop, but it's not what most people my age listen to. I also like They Might be Giants, even though I think they've been slipping since Mink Car

Yeah, Ive always had to defend the Dead against retarded comments about how its 'not the same without Jerry'. I realize its not the same...but seeing as how he died before I started going to shows, its pretty cool to still have had the chance to see some amazing 4 hour shows with a very talented guy like Haynes in Jerry's place.

I guess I prefer having something good over having nothing at all.

The Dead

Phish

Leftover Salmon

Linkin Park

System of A Down

Both. I actually really like the new Dead, especially when they have Warren Haynes playing and singing a lot.

I know there's a few fans here, but I still find it unbelievable how many people hate Andrew WK. Mainly cos they say he's repetitive, before waxing lyrical about Deftones and their ilk.

I know there's a few fans here, but I still find it unbelievable how many people hate Andrew WK. Mainly cos they say he's repetitive, before waxing lyrical about Deftones and their ilk.

If it makes you feel any better, I hate him after having listen to more than a couple of his songs because I find the music annoying and his re-use of the same lyrics in every song I've heard grating.

Yeah, Ive always had to defend the Dead against retarded comments about how its 'not the same without Jerry'. I realize its not the same...but seeing as how he died before I started going to shows, its pretty cool to still have had the chance to see some amazing 4 hour shows with a very talented guy like Haynes in Jerry's place.

I guess I prefer having something good over having nothing at all.

Even though I was borderline dirty hippie, I was never that into the Dead. I loved Phish, liked Panic a real lot, and could deal with the Allmans, but the other hippie bands (GD, Leftover Salmon, .moe, SCI) never interested me.

Having said that, though, there are certain GD songs that I love (Terrapin, Scarlet > Fire, Eyes, China > Rider) ... so they're definitely better than the other hippie acts that I referenced.