TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Bands that everyone hates, but you like.....

Spice Girls

Sadly enough, I agree. Oh and Aqua, nothing pisses off the guys at work more than turning up Aqua and singing along. Not that it matters, but I'm not gay or anything.

I'm a huge fan of nu-metal and get at least partial enjoyment out of the shittiest of shit (Adema's second, incredibly whiny album for example).

A lot of people hate Three Days Grace and Smile Empty Soul, but I find the former fantastic and the later more than listenable.

United State of Electronica

Bikini Kill

The Asylum Street Spankers

Jethro Tull

Curiously a number of my friends don't hate Blonde Redhead, Bjork and Ween, who you'd think would be on the list.

Fountains of Wayne

Really? Everyone I know at least likes the Fountains Of Wayne, I personally love them.

However, I get a lot of shit for liking They Might Be Giants, Phil Collins, Tiffany and Crazy Town (hell, I even bought their second, more-earnest-less-fun, album)

Guest J0bber
I'm a huge fan of nu-metal and get at least partial enjoyment out of the shittiest of shit (Adema's second, incredibly whiny album for example).

A lot of people hate Three Days Grace and Smile Empty Soul, but I find the former fantastic and the later more than listenable.

I'm also a big fan of the nu-metal genre that a lot of people have shitted on in the last few years.

Although I hate frontman Fred Durst, I think that some of Limp Bizkit's songs are decent as I own one of their albums.

I'm in a clique with a lot of death metal fans and they feel music that is mainstream is not good. I don't agree with this theory as I enjoy several mainstream bands like Korn, Orgy, Slipknot, and countless others.

People rip on me for liking the Smiths.

Fountains of Wayne is better when you pretend "Stacy's Mom" doesn't exist.

That's what gets most people hating on Fountains of Wayne. They hear that song and think they're the Baha Men with guitars.

The Killers

Vanilla Fudge (I don't know anyone who likes them. Granted, "And the Beat Goes On" was a horrible album, but I still like them)

While I don't like the band, I like the Blink 182 songs "Aliens Exist", "I Miss You", and "Going Away to College". Especially "Going Away", it's a great song.

Radiohead

Chevelle (I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to hate them)

Rob Zombie

The Hives (Another band no one I know of likes. I think out of all the "new era garage" bands, they are the best. Much better than the White Stripes)

Who hates Air and Stereolab?

Two of my recent ex-girlfriends, quite a few of my friends, and most of the coworkers that sit near enough to me to hear me playing one of the two most of the day.

Linkin Park

Staind

I agree, though I didn't think the collaboration with Jay-Z was great

Neither did I at first, but then I realized the sheer comedic value of it. I think it might have been done as a joke. Where else would you hear one man yelling at people to shut up while the other talks about big pimpin'?

Chumbawumba. My co-workers told me my assertion that Tubthumper was tragically underrated was correct in that their level of suckiness was actually higher than perceived. I can say with confidence that I'm right and all of them are wrong wrong wrong. Half of the restaurant is made up of people in various jam bands. I mean, come on.