TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Bands that everyone hates, but you like.....

People give me shit because I listen to Sleater-Kinney and Bikini Kill, since they're 'riot grrrl' bands. Sleater-Kinney's so eclipsed that label that it's silly, really.

I've liked a Sum 41 song, but you never read this sentence.

If it makes you feel any better, I liked Dammit by Blink 182 ... but that was long before they became the popular uber-annoying tools that are now. Back then they were barely known, barely-annoying tools.

I love the Blink 182 song "Going away to College". Granted, I already mentioned that, but I thought I'd mention that again.

My Chemical Romance

Linkin Park

Staind

Disturbed

Add The Killers and Bubba Sparxx and I'm right there with you. Course I freely admit LP, Staind and Chemical are the biggest whiny bands on the planet but I still like em.

I like "Helena"....well until radio/MTV got ahold of it and played it non-stop...and "The Ghost Of You" is pretty good...

Bubba Sparxx is nothing to be ashamed of, he's pretty darn good...

Oh I'm not ashamed of Bubba at all. The guy was probably one of the most refreshing rappers in a long time but no one bought him. It was a god damn shame.

I heard he is working on a new album finally but damn, he fell off the Earth and it's a crime he did.

Add me to the Seether and MXPX liking crowd. And even though the lead singer is a FUCKING MORON, I like Papa Roach.

They despise them for completely pussifying their sound after Clayman. Seriously, listen to The Jester Race and then to Cloud Connected. It's like the Black Album to Load transition, where they're both good...just not what the fans expected or wanted at all.

Is there anything really wrong with liking Huey Lewis and the News?

I saw In Flames at Ozzfest and I wasn't all that impressed... not bad, but not great. I must be getting old or something.

Nickelback isn;t bad either, one of the few bands that have come out that actually are decent.

I love Three Doors Down. That, ladies and gents, is a straight up, no frills rock band.

As I have said before any Metallica pre-1997 is fine with me. I just wonder what the new album is going to be like, now that James has given himself musical equivalent of an enema.

not a damn thing wrong with it...

Yes, they are dreadful. 'Power Of Love' is good for a laugh in a £1-for-a-vodka sort of way.

you have no taste.

like billy joel, huey is responsible for some of the best 80's radio moments.

Guest JebusNassedar

The more time I spend at this board, the more I think that my enjoyment of The Mars Volta classifies.

Yes, they are dreadful. 'Power Of Love' is good for a laugh in a £1-for-a-vodka sort of way.

you have no taste.

god bless you.

you have no taste.

I just gotta say, I love the song "We Didn't Start The Fire"

you have no taste.

The "best 80's radio moments" weren't all that great.

Guest Samantha
Silverchair

I like "Diorama", not sure about the rest of their music, though, as that's the only CD of theirs I've listened to...

The stuff prior to that was rockier, the first album was very Pearl Jamesque but silverchair were only 14/15 at the time.

Daniel Johns (singer/songwriter) was in a much happier place while making 'Diorama' than he had been with any of the previous recordings and it really shows.

you have no taste.

The "best 80's radio moments" weren't all that great.

They played in Niagara Falls a month ago. I was thinking about going to see them, but I don't think $85 dollars is justified for seeing a band that hasn't had a hit since the Back to the Future soundtrack.

Guest Samantha

I actually think 'Meteora' is better than 'Hybrid Theory' but we are all entitled to our opinions.

I dunno, for me it was like: okay, i have their first album, it's alright...but I'm not feeling these new singles so I don't think I'm going to pick up Meteora...

I felt the same way about Lost Prophets...I loved the song "Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja" so I scooped their first album up...it was OKAY...had no desire to grab the second one based on the singles I heard...

"People hate Nirvana?"

Yes, I'm the only Nirvana fan I know. The people I know think they're over rated, that they shouldn't be credited with starting a new rock movement; that the time was right for change and if not they, then someone else would have done it (and these people usually point to Pearl Jam). People also think that this band is only touted as one of the best of all time because Cobain blew his brains out. They think Nirvana wouldn't have that distinction if he had been alive, that Nirvana would have put out one or two more "mediocre" albums, and then broken up because of Grohl/Cobain tensions. People would then have a more "grounded" view of their talent and importance.

To make matters worse, one friend constantly gloats about how Cobain killed himself on his birthday, making it "the best birthday present, ever".