TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Shit-storm coming for Kanye?

Guest El Satanico

Ja Rule? Mystikal?

If your going to "name drop", at least check to make sure you're talking about someone who's currently relevant.

It looks like he is ready to cry or be overcome with emotion and all of the positive things he said were cut out of the AP report. Figures.

DAAAYUM MUHFUCKAS DA GUBMENT OUTS TO GET MAH PEOPLE AND NOW DA MEEDA BE OUTS TO GET MAH PEOPLE TOO. AIN'T NO ONE LOOKIN OUT FOR DA BLACK MAN Y'ALLS WANTS TO BE KILLIN MAH PEOPLE AND MAKINS US LOOK LIKE SHEEEEEEIT

Zappa, One Size Fits All

Guacamole Queen

Guacamole Queen

Guacamole Queen

Guacamole Queen

At the Armadillo in Austin Texas, her aura,

Or did someone build a place

Or leave a space for Chester's Thing to land

*(Chester's Thing... on Ruth)*

Did a booger-beer

Come from somewhere out there

Did a booger-bear

Come from somewhere out there

Did the Indians, first on the bill

Carve up her hill

On Ruth

On Ruth

Kanye West, Diamonds

People lose hands, legs, arms for real

Little was known of Sierra Leone

And how it connect to the diamonds we own

When I speak of Diamonds in this song

I ain't talkin bout the ones that be glowin

I'm talkin bout Rocafella, my home, my chain

These ain't conflict diamonds, is they Jacob? Don't lie to me man

See, a part of me sayin' keep shinin',

How? when I know of the bloody diamonds

Though it's thousands of miles away

Sierra Leone connect to what we go through today

Over here, its a drug trade, we die from drugs

Over there, they die from what we buy from drugs

The diamonds, the chains, the bracelets, the charmses

I thought my Jesus Piece was so harmless

'til I seen a picture of a shorty armless

...and?

I imagine you're trying to demonstrate why you think Kanye is a superior lyricist to Zappa. I'm not going to argue that Kanye is bad, since I don't know shit about his work, but the least you could have done was choose a serious Zappa commentary song (ex: Heavenly Bank Account, The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, or Jesus Thinks You're a Jerk)

That's a good point. I just thought Czech was being a dickhead and I wanted to point out that he listens to silly stuff too and not everything that he doesn't like is necessarily stupid.

his point is that lots of you uneducated white boys are completely missing the point with knaye. how he's a "foul mouthed rapper" and his opinion automatically doesn't hold water because he is in a business that is stereotyped in a certain way. disagree with what he says, but don't attack the man because of your own preconception of his music. but thats the narrowminded nature of most.

It looks like he is ready to cry or be overcome with emotion and all of the positive things he said were cut out of the AP report. Figures.

DAAAYUM MUHFUCKAS DA GUBMENT OUTS TO GET MAH PEOPLE AND NOW DA MEEDA BE OUTS TO GET MAH PEOPLE TOO. AIN'T NO ONE LOOKIN OUT FOR DA BLACK MAN Y'ALLS WANTS TO BE KILLIN MAH PEOPLE AND MAKINS US LOOK LIKE SHEEEEEEIT

This is exactly what he means to a larger extent.

And it's a good thing he said what he said. No one's going to give a shit 5 months later when he says it on some regional radio station.

Although I could understand if you like to be fed bullshit and thinking everything is happy go lucky with songs by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I'm sure that makes you feel 20 times better about this whole mess, and i'm sure you can't help but donate money because of those tunes.

a) not Republican and kind of find it hilarious if you think I am.

and

b) his opinion doesn't hold much to me because I don't care what he or any celebrity thinks. To me, the opinion of a celebrity black or white means as much as the guy down the street because that's all they really are. I don't give a damn what anyone thinks right now, just focus on getting people the hell out of the city. Then the mindless bickering and finger pointing can start.

I could care less about Kanye as an artist or his politics

But I did laugh my ass off when he broke out with the "Bush doesn't care about black people" line

Well to be fair "for what it's worth" wasn't shown many times compared to his other stuff.

I still can't get over Chris Tucker's reaction, pure comedy gold.

I'm supposed to take Kanye's commentary seriously when this is the same guy who went off to suck his thumb and sit with his blankie after Gretchen Wilson beat him for an AMA last year?

Granted, our officials at all levels...national, state, city...dropped the ball on this big time. You have a mayor of New Orleans and a governor of Louisiana who want to cry instead of lead. You have a media that is so gung-ho about New Orleans being washed away that they forget Mississippi and Alabama have a few communities gone also. The leaders were more worried about playing pocket pool than getting stuff done.

However, Kanye's comment was completely ignorant. And the fact that many people buy into his comment doesn't make it any less so. They are as ignorant as he is for holding the view. I'm not saying Kanye doesn't have the right to speak his mind...he does. But I have the right of fair response...last time I checked the Constitution was supposed to protect that. And race is being brought into a discussion where it really doesn't belong. This has nothing to do with race...it has to do with the ball being dropped but at least we're trying to resolve this.

Let's put down the Kool-Aid everyone and help our fellow Americans out. Then we can figure out what went wrong and make damn sure it never happens again.

Kanye's right about the portrayal of the races in the media with this thing. The black people shown wading through neck-high water w/ food are "looting", yet when the whites are wading through water w/ food, they "found it". The media needs to stop trying to display us blacks as thugs & shit & focus on what's really important, which is rebuilding the cities, & when relief will eventually come.

Its easy of what went wrong when they stuffed 35K in NO without any idea of food storage or how the hell are we going to get these people out. If you were stuck in a building for 5 days next to 300 dead bodies while you are starving to death I would love to hear you say something nice. The problem is the most of the town is black. Most of the people stuck are black. Most of the dead from lack of fast aid is black. Anyone jaded of the government will say that it doesn't like blacks. Everything up until the Bush doesn't like black people is dead on.

A very small few are looting for TVs and they send in the National Gaurd to "kill on site" is extreme. Yes there are few reported raping, shooting choppers and buses. But that is a VERY small few and with a MASSIVE group going in to kill on site doesn't make the blacks in the area feel easy(what little left of them).

However, I will not buy into any of the if this was in Greenwich, CT then they would all be saved bullshit. Because of the fact that the way the planned this is that they weren't in the business of saving lives, they were in the business of storing bodies...live ones and dead ones. Plus displacing 110K is alot easier than one of the 10 largest cities in America.

Kanye's right about the portrayal of the races in the media with this thing. The black people shown wading through neck-high water w/ food are "looting", yet when the whites are wading through water w/ food, they "found it". The media needs to stop trying to display us blacks as thugs & shit & focus on what's really important, which is rebuilding the cities, & when relief will eventually come.

It's absolute bullshit to say that all blacks were shown as looters and all whites were shown in a positive light. They showed looters as looters regardless of the color of their skin ... and showed people suffering or doing the right thing regardless of the color of their skin.

The sad truth was that most of the people that were stranded were African American, thus most looters were African American. But they showed plenty of clips of black people in a positive light, too.

It's absolute bullshit to say that all blacks were shown as looters and all whites were shown in a positive light. They showed looters as looters regardless of the color of their skin ... and showed people suffering or doing the right thing regardless of the color of their skin.

The sad truth was that most of the people that were stranded were African American, thus most looters were African American. But they showed plenty of clips of black people in a positive light, too.

True.

Kanye's going to die like Tupac now.  He didn't just bad mouth Suge Knight, he bad mouthed the PRESIDENT of the US.  This guy better wear some body armor 24/7.

Uh, last time I checked the Dixie Chicks are still alive and performing

Ditto Bruce Springsteen and his troupe of Rockers for Kerry from last fall

Unless you mean that gansta rappers have a huge ultra-right wing conservative sect that will be gunning for him, I highly doubt Kanye West's life is in danger from retaliation based on his comments