TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

No no no you see everyone the Yankees want should instantly recognize the greatness inherent in the organization and be falling all over themselves to sign for $1 a year.

Wait a second....

There. Those pinstripe colored glasses I was trying on gave me a headache.

As for AP, he was ready to resign with the Yankees but Steinbrenner kept putting him off to deal with every other free agent on the market. He never talked to Pettitte and basically made him look like a second tier guy. Then when he finally decided to talk to Andy he offers less than what the Astros offered. By the time he upped his offer Andy had already decided on the Astros. The Astros simply took a shot and it hit.

We should have locked up Pettite before he even hit the open market. He was the best Yankee homegrown starter in decades, and helped us win 4 rings. Just the fact that it even came to offseason "negotiations" (we lowballed him all the way and never had any real intent of keeping him) was a slap in the face to the guy.

The Andy Pettitte situation is basically a microcosm of what has gone wrong with this team the last couple years

If the Marlins do poorly this year, I fully expect and will gladly accept any and all scathing comments.

Okay, so they didn't do THAT bad, but still...

No seriously--the Marlins won't win the East

Quoted for future reference.

Are you trying to humiliate me? I thought you were a Braves fan, bravesfan.

That fills my quota of using the search engine. It's all in good fun though, Mik.

Anyone else think that after a slow start this has been and could be one of the best September and October yet. There are sooo many things going on in baseball at the moment, Bonds returning and hes hitting home runs and if he and his team catch the Pardres it would be something special. The AL east, west, possibly the central if Cleavand keep it up are all tight races and we have Red Sox vs Yanks series and A's vs Angles eries to look forward to.

Of course the MVP race in the AL is very intresting with I feel whoever guides their team to the post season will pick it up. There is still the NL wild card which can still change and all that is even before October.

Anyone else catch the Brewers/Cubs game last night? It was a pretty good game. Of course, I was happy the Brewers won, with Carlos Lee getting two RBIs and Jenkins hitting a three run homer. Nomar had a home run, which should turn some heads I guess. The Brewers are still pretty much out of the wild card race officially after getting swept by the Astros over the weekend, but maybe they can still make .500 this year.

If the Marlins do poorly this year, I fully expect and will gladly accept any and all scathing comments.

Okay, so they didn't do THAT bad, but still...

No seriously--the Marlins won't win the East

Quoted for future reference.

Are you trying to humiliate me? I thought you were a Braves fan, bravesfan.

That fills my quota of using the search engine. It's all in good fun though, Mik.

Well, that's why it sucks... I had a lot of faith in this team and by all accounts they should have done better.

Oh well.

It's clear Prior isn't right. Another high-pitch outing, as it's unlikely he'll make it past five. Then again he does have eight strikeouts and has driven in the only two runs for the Cubs. Christ, that's depressing. I still don't understand Dusty's logic of having Neifi godamn Perez batting leadoff.

Guest TheDon

Yankees beat the Orioles and the Red Sox are losing to the Devil Rays. If the Devil Rays hold onto the lead the Yankees move half a game up on the Red Sox.

Guest TheDon

Cleveland leads the White Sox 2-0 in the 8th inning.

Make that 5-0. Wow only if Cleveland had won yesterday they would only be 1 1/2 games out of first instead of 2 1/2 games out.

Guest Fishyswa

:)

Things just seem to even out in the end. Now all we have to do is finish with around a 5-6 game lead.

Guest Fishyswa

Well if Boston puts up a losing record for the rest of the season and the Yankees go just 2 over .500 the last series becomes irrelevant.

Yeah, and if there are three toads sitting on a log in a pond that five unicorns are drinking out of at half past 3 a.m...

Seriously- there are so many scenarios that could happen- just sit back and enjoy it.