TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Heat/Velocity status addressed by WWE.com

Monday Night RAW isn't the only WWE show that is moving.

Starting next weekend, both HEAT and Velocity will now be available to watch on WWE.com. The VOD-style programs available to residents of the United States will still feature the same great original matches. In addition, however, each show will also have unique content never before seen on the program.

So be sure to log onto WWE.com next Friday afternoon to watch the inaugural edition of HEAT on the Internet. Then watch Velocity on Saturday morning, starting at 10 a.m. ET.

I don't see this lasting long. They should replace afterburn and the experience with Heat and velocity. Unless those 2 are getting the can aswell.

In addition, however, each show will also have unique content never before seen on the program.

maybe this means "classic" matches spliced in? Are they CHARGING for this service, it says VOD. I really fucking hope not, they treat the guys on the b-shows like jobbers, they aren't on PPVs, how could they expect people to pay for Velocity/Heat matches?

"VOD-style" being the key term there, I believe.

It's been reported in the Observer for awhile that they were probably going this route, with things like Keibler/Hemme, Keibler/Victoria, and Vito/RIchards being a test. Then they got forced into doing the first hour of SmackDown! on the net and that probably worked out ok for them.

I would suspect/hope this is free while they continue to charge for the Jukebox matches.

And yes, as I recall, all American versions of syndicated programming are done (I believe already, except for Experience which has it's last show on Sunday) so replacing those shows with Heat/Velocity is not an option.

I'll have trouble watching both shows on the Internet since WWE.com uses streaming media for their content, which is a bitch on my 56K modem (damn DSL can't get to my area quickly enough).

Although having to pay to watch both shows would suck too if that's the route that WWE's going in.

Guest Fishyswa

Here's a good question, knowing that these shows will now be "smark exclusive", meaning only available on the internet,, in the US anyway, do you think they'll try to cater more towards "us"? I'm not talking about London and Spanky doing 30 minute epics before Orton opens the show with his dad, because that would be dumb, but I don't see why they wouldn't try to reshape these shows and gear them more towards all those "pundits" JR talks about.

Guest Ransome
Here's a good question, knowing that these shows will now be "smark exclusive", meaning only available on the internet,, in the US anyway, do you think they'll try to cater more towards "us"? I'm not talking about London and Spanky doing 30 minute epics before Orton opens the show with his dad, because that would be dumb, but I don't see why they wouldn't try to reshape these shows and gear them more towards all those "pundits" JR talks about.

I wouldn't count on it. As you say, Velocity/Heat will still air for an international ('non-smark') audience, so I don't think we'll see any major changes. Besides, Velocity is probably already as smark-oriented as it's ever going to get.

Quick question to anyone who can help......will there be the ability to download the shows, save them to your computer, and then perhaps burn them onto a DVD-R? And if so, how will the video quality of such be?

Also, if anyone wanted to do this, that would be fucking tremendous. I would gladly set up some trades with them, unless they just water down the shows so much now that they will be pointless to even check out.

Guest JesusJuiced

I'm sure they'll stream it.

If only WWE offered legal torrents like TNA did with iMPACT! initially.

Guest JesusJuiced
I wish there was a way for me to download Velocity in my computer so I could put the shows on a DVD.

Torrents are your friend. Or rather PWTorrents. I'm sure the full international version will be up by the end of the weekend.

Guest wildpegasus

I need Benoit vs Regal on VHS or DVD. If anyone can help me or know of anyone who will have this match on DVD or VHS please tell me.

Parisi v. Striker was actually EXTREMELY good. Striker can sell like a champ, I loved the dynamic in the match between Striker's many pinning combinations and Parisi's leg work. It was a simple match but it had character :)