TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChick

The Real Smackdown Spoilers

Results from tonight's tapings at the San Francisco Cow Palace

Dark match

Scotty 2 Hotty b Ken Doane using the worm. Doane didn't do anything special, but was on the money with everything.

Velocity

Kid Kash b Paul London after blocking a huracanrana and using a springboard moonsault. This was the best match of the night

Bobby Lashley b Jason ? after the dominator. Post-match, Big Vito & Nunzio attacked Lashley but he laid them both out as well. Nunzio did a great job of selling. Quick match

Sylvan b Funaki with a face first suplex. WWE is hiring models and putting them in the stands to take photos of Sylvan. They had two women at ringside, with identical cameras, jumping up and down like they thought he was hot. Both made it on TV. After the match, both went backstage. They were the only two women in the place who gave a crap about him. Based on numerous catcalls, it is very clear a lot of people in the crowd watched TNA and slow-mo'd one of the segments.

Jillian Hall b Stacy Keibler with her feet on the ropes. Hall wears a Vader mask covering her supposed mole (which would fall off her face in a match so they have to cover and pretend it's there). Very amateurish, largely because of Keibler

Smackdown

It opened with the Peep show, where Mysterio, Hardy, Holly and JBL all came out to campaign for votes for the Taboo Tuesday match. Hardy actually got the biggest pop of all, and it's clear they he wasn't the original plan of who they wanted in the match, but he may wind up being there. JBL had the best line, saying if Masters was any smarter, he'd be a moron. Teddy Long came out and ordered a five-way free-for-all

Mysterio won the five-way pinning Christian with a huracanrana. Crowd popped for a Tower of Doom spot. JBL clotheslined Holly. Hardy gave JBL the twist of fate. Christian gave Hardy the unprettier. Mysterio then pinned Christian. When it was over, Mysterio and Hardy were in the ring together asking for votes.

Backstage, Booker T & Sharmell were in Teddy Long's office. Long showed Booker the footage from his title win last week and Sharmell also interfering the previous week. Booker threw a fit at Sharmell, told her he would defend the title against Chris Benoit tonight and that Sharmell had to apologize to Benoit

Roddy Piper showed up. He was confronted by Bob Orton. Piper told Bob that he wrestled his father who was a tough guy, and a smart guy. He insinuated Bob wasn't so smart. He saw Randy and started talking about reverse evolution, and that he's surprised Randy isn't walking on all fours.

They did a backstage stint where the munchkins played a prank on Simon Dean

Next was a very clever bit of manipulation. Palmer Canon came out. Zero reaction to him. Nobody knows he's a heel. Most people didn't even know who he was. Then they played a big Undertaker video and Taker's music. When it was over and everyone was expecting Undertaker, they turned the cameras on Canon and people booed because Undertaker wasn't there. On TV, it'll come across like Canon is this big over heel. He then put over the juniors division

Short Sleeve Sampson b a blond little guy who looked like Billy Idol. Even though one guy is from New England and the other is from Seattle, they came out to Mexican music, as I guess the idea was using Mexican minis. A guy who looked like Pierrothtito was in the skit earlier in the show. The Billy Idol mini was called something Patterson, like maybe Little Patterson. If this was a joke, the p.a. was so bad that in the one arena in the country where they'd get the joke, nobody understood it. To say this died would be giving it more credit than it's due. There were screams of "This is why Smackdown sucks so bad" going on in between the lack of any crowd reaction to 40 year old comedy bits. Sampson won. Nick Patrick was given a low blow. Simon Dean came out and did some comedy fighting with both little guys. Just hideous attempts at comedy that nobody laughed at, which actually describes about 80% of the humor in WWE.

Booker called out Benoit. He told Benoit that he apologized and was offering him a return match. Benoit's ribs were all wrapped up from the insane tope last week. Benoit accepted the match but didn't care if Booker or Sharmell apologized. Booker told Benoit that he figured that, but Sharmell still had to apologize. Sharmell was totally insincere and she and Booker had a big fight. She ripped on Booker and left. As Benoit was watching her leave, Booker went heel and nailed Benoit with a belt shot and he juiced and was left laying.

MNM won the tag titles in a four-way over LOD, Mexicools and Regal & Birchall. Super Crazy worked most of the match and carried it. Christy Hemme is no longer with LOD, but Juventud still has to act like a valet outside the ring for the Mexicools while holding the useless belt. Heidenreich hot tagged in and you can imagine how bad that was. They set up the doomsday device, but the Tolands pulled Animal off the top and brawled with him. Inside the ring, MNM gave Heidenreich the snapshot and Mercury pinned him to win the title.

They announced Lashley vs. Vito & Nunzio in a handicap match next week. Vito & Nunzio also wanted a tag title match

Batista & Guerrero & Piper b Ortons & Kennedy. Guerrero is full-time face and the low rider ring entrance is back. Piper clearly was given no lead time to get in shape. Batista gave Kennedy and Randy spinebusters. Guerrero gave Kennedy a frog splash. With them laid out, Piper put Bob in the sleeper for the win. Piper was the most popular wrestler on the show.

-Credit: wrestlingobserver

MNM won the tag titles in a four-way over LOD, Mexicools and Regal & Birchall. 

:cheers: THANK GOD.

Guest clockworkraven
MNM won the tag titles in a four-way over LOD, Mexicools and Regal & Birchall. 

:cheers: THANK GOD.

Couldn't they have at least put in some more title defences for a face Booker?

And that TT-hype match makes more sense than the 'other' one, at least.

Guest tony manero

Looks like a shit show. Very insightful comments from Meltzer. It looks like the fans are starting to turn on WWE with chants and comments like "This is why Smackdown sucks..."

All I have to say is GOOD.

Velocity

Kid Kash b Paul London after blocking a huracanrana and using a springboard moonsault. This was the best match of the night

Smackdown

Short Sleeve Sampson b a blond little guy who looked like Billy Idol. Even though one guy is from New England and the other is from Seattle, they came out to Mexican music, as I guess the idea was using Mexican minis. A guy who looked like Pierrothtito was in the skit earlier in the show. The Billy Idol mini was called something Patterson, like maybe Little Patterson. If this was a joke, the p.a. was so bad that in the one arena in the country where they'd get the joke, nobody understood it. To say this died would be giving it more credit than it's due. There were screams of "This is why Smackdown sucks so bad" going on in between the lack of any crowd reaction to 40 year old comedy bits. Sampson won. Nick Patrick was given a low blow. Simon Dean came out and did some comedy fighting with both little guys. Just hideous attempts at comedy that nobody laughed at, which actually describes about 80% of the humor in WWE.

::sigh::

Also, it's pretty funny (funny = sad) that Kash has heat w/ management, yet he still gets to beat London.

Well it was pretty clear to me last week the juniors thing is aruse by Palmer Canon working through Bischoff but I guess that doesn't excuse wasting TV time with it.

Hooray for MNM... I wish I had some guts in Fantasy in picked both members of MNM and not one LOD member and one MNM member. I also thought Ortons were due for a win over Guerrero/Batista, but I guess not... so I wish I hadn't picked both Ortons for Fantays and none of the faces. Jillian and Stacy not having their match on the main show screwed me out of points too, but in terms of television, that's great.

I originally misunderstood what the spoilers (which if the show happened in Frisco I guess was were written by Meltzer, I don't see a name attatched to them) meant by "Vader mask" and pictures Jillian wrestling in a large mastadon helmet. I then remembered the other mask he wore.

5-way match should be interesting.

Ken Doane in a dark match! Bring him in and feud him with Lashley. At least that's what is going on in OVW, so there'd be some continuity.

What, no Boogeyman? The sad aspect of them saying "This is why Smackdown sucks" is that SD is easily the better show right now.

Is it just me or is this Eddie face turn a bit....strange? As in people aren't sure whether to cheer him because he seems like he might be a heel anyway.

Guest JMA

I like the idea of a seemingly insincere heel actually becoming a face. They need to do more things like that. It'd make heel turns less obvious.

It's good to see MNM back with the titles (finally) and Hardy and Mysterio being paired up (instead of the lame idea of teaming up Rey and JBL).

Who was it here who predicted that in a couple months time after Summerslam Eddy would be a face again? Cause they hit it right on the money. Goddamn, Eddy pulls the vilest shit imaginable (trying to take a child away from his parents), and all they do is have him act halfway sincere for a few weeks and cut a brief promo saying, "Gee, I guess I went a little too far with Rey", and bam, it's like nothing happened. Unless they're still slow building a Batista / Eddy feud. Although hell, they could actually be moving towards Batista / Orton already by now.

I find it amusing that they got "Smackdown sucks" cries, because Smackdown is the far superior of the WWE's two flagship shows.

Just out of curiousity, how is a JBL/Rey pairing lame compared to a Rey/Hardy pairing?

I guess cause it'd be a Face / Heel vs. Heel / Heel pairing, whereas with Hardy it'd be F/F vs. H/H.

Quite frankly, I'd rather see JBL / Hardy. REY is the one that makes the pairing lame. Ever since the WWE gave Misterio 549 wins over Eddy Guerrero earlier this year, I almost don't give a shit about him at all anymore.

Guest JMA
Just out of curiousity, how is a JBL/Rey pairing lame compared to a Rey/Hardy pairing?

I don't think the Rey/JBL pairing makes any sense, to be honest. First of all, the two are feuding and secondly it's been established that JBL hates Mexicans. It goes against his character to team with Mysterio or for the two of them to work together. Mysterio and Hardy make sense because Mysterio was attacked by both Edge and Masters and Hardy has a vendetta against Edge. Also, teaming with Rey could lead to JBL turning face, which is something I definitely don't want to see happen. His character is great (even if I didn't care for his WWE title run) and would lose its appeal if he were a face. Many people legitimately dislike the guy (but still want to see him get his ass kicked on TV) and that's rare in a wrestler. The only other guy that really has that type of heat going is Edge. Finally, I really don't want to see Masters and JBL work a match together--that could get ugly.

That being said, I did enjoy the exchange between Edge and JBL.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty
Based on numerous catcalls, it is very clear a lot of people in the crowd watched TNA and slow-mo'd one of the segments.

Am I the only one who has no idea what this sentence means?

I also have no idea what that means.

Last week on TNA, they did this sorta lame funeral segment for Team 3D... the guestbook had stuff like "Linda & Vince, Paul & Stephanie, Sylvan and Pat" signed to it.

So, yeah.

The Rey/JBL pairing is idiotic because it's asking people to vote for JBL when there's no way in hell anyone would. Thus if he won that vote it'd be blatant that the voting was rigged. Rey winning is obvious since the PPV is in his hometown and all, but Matt is likely the other guy due to the Edge feud anyway.

And by the way, if fans ARE saying stupid shit about Smackdown sucking bad WWE has only themselves to blame. Every week they have the Raw guys poke fun at SD for being the B list show, Bischoff said how crappy they were, etc. Do this long enough and fans believe it, much like in WCW when the NWO constantly said how lame and pathetic the WCW guys were.

I still think Eddie is going to turn heel again. I mean, it's so obvious, they're hinting at the heel turn almost every week. I would applaud the WWE for actually going through with this and keeping him a face, but I can't see it happening.

Of course, the easy comeback to the guy yelling "This is why Smackdown sucks" is to say "Well, you DID pay us $40 sit there and say that."

Thing is, if more sentiment like this keeps coming up, it shows they are killing towns with lame stuff like this carny shit. Hell, they've already killed most towns since they haven't sold out a Raw or SD taping forever and the only ppv's they've sold out this year are WM and Summerslam.

I still think Eddie is going to turn heel again. I mean, it's so obvious, they're hinting at the heel turn almost every week. I would applaud the WWE for actually going through with this and keeping him a face, but I can't see it happening

I think that's the beauty of the angle. People are buying Eddie's face turn, Batista seems to be buying it as well. You can see Eddie sometimes still flashes that little look kinda saying "wow, my plan is working." I think this is heading to something similar like The Rock turning on Mankind at SurSeries back in 99 after he fooled everyone into cheering him but instead turning full heel.

Who was it here who predicted that in a couple months time after Summerslam Eddy would be a face again? Cause they hit it right on the money. Goddamn, Eddy pulls the vilest shit imaginable (trying to take a child away from his parents), and all they do is have him act halfway sincere for a few weeks and cut a brief promo saying, "Gee, I guess I went a little too far with Rey", and bam, it's like nothing happened. Unless they're still slow building a Batista / Eddy feud. Although hell, they could actually be moving towards Batista / Orton already by now.

Its really hard to tell about where they're going with Eddie's character, especially after the way the No Mercy match was booked with him struggling to wrestle clean when he really didn't have to. I mean you'd figure they'd have him make a predictable heel turn BUT if they could keep him face, that would be great. If anything Eddie could be getting back the pops he used to have when he was hot last year and would easily upstage Batista in terms of fan support.

Guest clockworkraven
Is there a fake Smackdown spoilers link around? Or is this thread a Ghostbusters reference?

There was, but it got deleted. Had the Tolands coming out to tazer Heidenreich, among other things.

he wasn't mentioned in the spoilers