TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Segments that made you go WTF??

Ok after the surreal segment this past Monday on RAW. What other segements or matches were surreal to you. Or in other words made you say to yourself "what the fuck?'

Right off the top of my head the interview that UT and Big Show did when they were tag teaming. The one were UT talked about having his men not fill up the Big Show bike with alot of gas, then going riding out in Death Valley then Show runs out of gas and UT leaves him on his on and then Show kills an animal and uses his skin of clothes, etc. WTF??

And then the top it all off Jericho comes out to stop the madness. I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. Good, because he stop this interview but, because the interview was so surreal and who knew were it could have end up going.

The next was when Rick Rude first came out on Nitro with a clean shave and then the next hour you see him on RAW with a beard.

Booker T running into Eric Bischoff on Raw in 02.

The HHH forklift driving scene backstage during a completely unrelated hardcore match.

Goldberg walking out on a match, then Tony going on and on about how he wasn't following the script.

New Blood Rising... And a couple other times on Nitro.

Any of those Russo's "So and so isn't following the script, or getting to into their character" moments are just mind-boggling. You're openly declaring the prodcut fake at the expense of everything on the show save for one angle that maybe only 10-15% of the audience understands.

The segment where Vader and Goldust returned.

Though wrestling recently hasn't made me go WTF. I've watched a REALLY trippy show by the name of "BoBoBo-Bo-Bo-BoBo" that makes ANYTHING wrestling has done before look sane.

Hell, the main character uses his nose hair as a whip.

The HHH forklift driving scene backstage during a completely unrelated hardcore match.

What got me was what Flair was doing. He was yelling "COME ON H" while directing HHH where to put the folklift.

Booker T running into Eric Bischoff on Raw in 02.

And that wasn't even planned. Only those in Vince's innercircle knew anything about Bischoff signing and they had him waiting right outside the arena in a limo then when Booker T was having his interview in walks Bischoff. Of course, Booker T knew nothing about this and that made his shocked face all the more funny and real.

I can't even remember the point of that scene, just the image of HHH and Flair. Weren't they trying to barricade Goldberg in the locker room?

Speaking of Goldberg's locker rooms... Did it catch anyone else off guard when he came out of the janitor's closet? I remember sitting there thinking "That was too wrong to be real," but then I saw the screen caps on the net and it became hilarious.

When Hogan tries to chase Undertaker on the motorcycle and the bike wouldn't start so Hogan's walking the bike up the ramp...classic Wrestlecrap moment. :bonk:

Only those in Vince's innercircle knew anything about Bischoff signing and they had him waiting right outside the arena in a limo then when Booker T was having his interview in walks Bischoff.  Of course, Booker T knew nothing about this and that made his shocked face all the more funny and real.

Booker knew Eric was going to show up. He had to know to ensure the right reaction.

Pretty much anything from the Shane McMahon/Kane feud in 03...having Kane electrocute Shane's nuts stands out most in my mind.

The whole Lucy thing leading up to WMX8...although I contend that they could've salvaged that damn angle if they'd allowed Jericho to put the Walls on the injured dog. I'd have paid to see that.

Heidenreich raping Cole on Smackdown last year.

Guest *KNK*
Only those in Vince's innercircle knew anything about Bischoff signing and they had him waiting right outside the arena in a limo then when Booker T was having his interview in walks Bischoff.  Of course, Booker T knew nothing about this and that made his shocked face all the more funny and real.

Booker knew Eric was going to show up. He had to know to ensure the right reaction.

Exactly because Booker's inital reaction wouldn't fly with the censors. Also, dont miss on the intentional irony of Booker T being the first to "see" Eric.

Guest thetrendsetter

As funny as the Triple H Forklift thing was, I actually seen that as a bit of brillance on the part of the WWE, It was great continuity, and something they should do more often. Just less unintentionally funny

I always thought the segment with The Rock and Steve Austin singing "Margaritaville" on the Raw before SS '01 was the most surreal thing I've ever seen in wrestling. Yeah, it was funny as hell, but what was the point?

Two rivals singing, and then breaking kayfabe by high-fiving each other after finishing the chorus.

Honorable mention had to go to any segment involving Kane showing a sense of humor (the Kane-arooini, his Hogan and Rock impressions in early '02, especially the time when he yelled "Being a freak is COOL!!" after winning the tag titles with The Hurricane, etc.)

Pretty much anything from the Shane McMahon/Kane feud in 03...having Kane electrocute Shane's nuts stands out most in my mind.

On the same note, Kane handcuffing RVD, threatening to burn him alive, and then not because "that's what they want". Huh, alright then.

You know what? Pretty well Kane is a character that more often than not, makes me go "WTF?". Except I actually say the words, not the intials. I'm just being a lady right now.

The near "embalming" of Steve Austin. I believe that is who it was anyway.

The first view of the Acolytes, having Dennis Knight/Mideon chained up in a dark boiler room and then leading him away to his eventual transformation. I believe he had been seen on TV twice before that, coming back out of seemingly non-existance after being off the map for years after the Godwinn Bros. stuff.

...Hawk's "dive".

Here's another one from WCW, the Ric Flair in a mental ward skits. Flair styling and profiling in boxers and his wrestling robe with a bunch of nutcases hanging around. In fact didn't Scott Hall show up in one of them?

Guest Ransome

The camera panning left to reveal Paul Heyman seated next to Jim Ross at the start of Raw in March 2001: "Where there is crisis, JR, there is opportunity....", as I recall. Never saw that one coming.

Bob "Sparkplug" Holly winning the Intercontinental Title on the Action Zone in 1995 . . . BUT the match was restarted the next week and Holly came up empty. Still, it was weird to see perennial jobber Bob Holly walk to the dressing room with the I-C belt on his shoulder.

Guest Fook

The "Planet of the Apes" segment with Jericho and Steph from 2001. It was just so unbelievably random to see a bunch of people in ape costumes come lumbering down to the ring carrying a birthday cake for Steph.

I remember watching a Sid v Hogan match from 1999 and Rick Steiner ran in, and Hogan legdropped him and pinned him. WTF?!!! The announcers sold this like this was a big Hogan win and this was in the rules or something. Who booked this crap?!

Guest M. Harry Smilac
Here's another one from WCW, the Ric Flair in a mental ward skits. Flair styling and profiling in boxers and his wrestling robe with a bunch of nutcases hanging around.  In fact didn't Scott Hall show up in one of them?

Yes he did.I have the first one of these on tape and it is one of my prized possessions. :D

I believe their was even another skit in the weeks that followed where Flair took all the nut jobs with him on an attempted field trip to Nitro in a bus and Scott Hall was the driver but I don't have that on tape so maybe it was just a weird dream I had or something.