TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Segments that made you go WTF??

I remember the week Nitro had nothing but backstge vignettes and pretaped bits for the first hour. We never heard any announcers and they didn't go live to the arena until the second hour.

Always thought that was wierd.

I remember the week Nitro had nothing but backstge vignettes and pretaped bits for the first hour.  We never heard any announcers and they didn't go live to the arena until the second hour.

Always thought that was wierd.

Yeah no kidding I was about the talk about that one to. I remember alot of those vignettes had something to do with the NWO. In fact one of them had Torrie Wilson and she was having dinner with Hogan and Nash.

And then to top it off they just went to the arena at the second hour and they said NOTHING about the last hour and just went on as nothing happened. And hell what were the people in the arena watching during that hour? The vignettes, live matches, what?

I swear the minute RAW came on I switch the channel and didn't really look back that night.

I'm pretty sure the people in the arena saw actual matches, since I remember hearing ring music and things like that during down moments.

How about Bischoff's talk show a la the Tonight Show? That stuff sucked.

Oh God, I'm glad someone had mentioned the Kane/RVD bondage shit. When RVD gets back I think Kane owes him a hug.

The time when the nWo beat on Ric Flair for nearly half an hour.

A cameo from this guy of The Young and the Restless backstage with Kidman at Survivor Series 2002.

The "I'm BIZZZAAARRRRRE !" line from the British Bulldog.

More of a markout moment than a WTF moment : seeing Tommy Dreamer and Rob Van Dam jump the rail on the "ECW reunion" Raw.

How about Bischoff kissing Steph on the Halloween Smackdown back in 02?

Or for that matter, Bischoff forcing himself onto Linda prior to SummerSlam 03?

I'm pretty sure the people in the arena saw actual matches, since I remember hearing ring music and things like that during down moments.

Just curious anyone know what the matches and results were?

La Parka beat Juventud Guerrera

Chavo Guerrero Jr beat Norman Smiley

Bam Bam Bigelow beat Mike Enos

David Finaly beat Prince Iaukea

Guest cacheton

Randy Orton RKOing the air instead of Jericho.

Simon Dean getting beat up by crappy midgets (not even the good ones)

WAIT, WTF?!?! Victor Newman approached Kidman once? I need to hear the storyline.

D-Lo and Kidman are talking to Victor and asking him if hes slept with any of his co-stars. He says a gentleman never reveals his conquests and then says his date is there.

He walks off with Dawn Marie and Kidman and D-Lo can't believe it.

WAIT, WTF?!?! Victor Newman approached Kidman once? I need to hear the storyline.

D-Lo and Kidman are talking to Victor and asking him if hes slept with any of his co-stars. He says a gentleman never reveals his conquests and then says his date is there.

this occured right after the hhh/rvd match. in fact it starts with kidman and dlo looking shocked at flairs heel turn and discussing it. I was there live and the crowd had nbo clue wtf this guy was that came in and talked to them.

and dennis knight had onyl been away a few months when the taker got him. He had just come off the "southern justice" tag team gimmick wih his partner Mark canterberry (Henry Godwinn) they were bodyguards for JJ.

Guest JMA

Hogan beating Sting clean at Starrcade and then the match being restarted due to "fast" counting. It made all the babyfaces look delusional afterwards.

Hogan beating Sting clean at Starrcade and then the match being restarted due to "fast" counting. It made all the babyfaces look delusional afterwards.

That's one of the more underrated dickhead, bullshit, double crosses of all time. How Hogan didn't receive more heat over that (if the accusations are true) is beyond me.

this occured right after the hhh/rvd match. in fact it starts with kidman and dlo looking shocked at flairs heel turn and discussing it. I was there live and the crowd had nbo clue wtf this guy was that came in and talked to them.

and dennis knight had onyl been away a few months when the taker got him. He had just come off the "southern justice" tag team gimmick wih his partner Mark canterberry (Henry Godwinn) they were bodyguards for JJ.

I remember the Dennis Knight "Sacrifice" deal being extremely graphic. Like Undertaker appearing to cut his wrists and feeding Knight the "blood" and then "cutting Knights chest open". It was really weird, it was all gimmicked plastics of course but I'm shocked they didn't get thrown off the air for it.

I always found that Victor Newman thing interesting considering the whole McMahon schtick on TV is basically a dead up ripoff of the Newmans on Y and R. You have Victor as the philandering, ruthless father who runs a business empire. His much put upon wife is kinda like Linda (though hotter), and Nick and Victoria Newman are Shane and Steph.

Hell, I forget which came first but Victoria Newman was kidnapped by some dude on that show around the time Steph was kidnapped by UT on Raw.

Vader declaring himself a "fat piece of shit" after losing at Over the Edge 98.

The first time I saw Rob Conway's latest gimmick when he fought Val Venis on Raw a while back... he looked like he was in the Village People.

I thought the Flair-HHH bit was actually quite brilliant. It followed through on the plan they made earlier, and showed that whatever happens on the show can interact with other segements in the background. Plus it makes the fans that pay attention get an extra bonus.

Guest dreamer420
Here's another one from WCW, the Ric Flair in a mental ward skits. Flair styling and profiling in boxers and his wrestling robe with a bunch of nutcases hanging around.  In fact didn't Scott Hall show up in one of them?

Yes he did.I have the first one of these on tape and it is one of my prized possessions. :D

I believe their was even another skit in the weeks that followed where Flair took all the nut jobs with him on an attempted field trip to Nitro in a bus and Scott Hall was the driver but I don't have that on tape so maybe it was just a weird dream I had or something.

I'm glad someone else remembers this. If I recall correctly the bus was driving and the camera panned along the bus showing Flair and the rest of the butbars dancing in the aisles. The camera panned to the front of the bus and Scott Hall was driving. That's how I think it went down anyway and is still one of the funniest moments I can remember.

About the nitro where the whole first hour was segements... was that the same one where they showed Konnan's Ariba la Lasa (sp) video like 4 times, and quite possibly also had the nWo in a cornfield I wanna say and maybe Sting coming down from a Helicopter and shit? I'm not sure if this wall all the same Nitro or not, I've always been a WWE stan.

At Survivor Series 95, in the Wild Card match. HBK accidentally superkicks his partner, Sid, and walks away. Razor rolls over on top of Sid after five seconds for the cover, but Bulldog makes the save. Razor just rolls back on top... and gets the pin.

Here's a lesser known WTF moment. On the 24/7 recently I saw an MSG house show from 91. There was a match with Steamboat vs. Smash and Smash had a sleeper applied. The ref raises Steamboat's arm 3 times and then...nothing. Then he raised it a FOURTH time and Steamboat kept his arm up. Even Gorilla Monsoon was baffled as to how to call it.

Guest M. Harry Smilac
Here's a lesser known WTF moment.  On the 24/7 recently I saw an MSG house show from 91.  There was a match with Steamboat vs. Smash and Smash had a sleeper applied.  The ref raises Steamboat's arm 3 times and then...nothing.  Then he raised it a FOURTH time and Steamboat kept his arm up.  Even Gorilla Monsoon was baffled as to how to call it.

Steamboat actually cover's this in his book.This is one of the rare times someone actually did apply the sleeper correctly and Ricky does infact pass-out but thankfully the ref and Smash notice it immediately and Smash is able to wake Ricky up by pinching his ass really hard.

Well not really but I thought that sounded better then what is probably the truth which is probably that Ricky just got caught up in the moment and just lost count of how many times he had his arm raised. :D

Another forgotten WTF moment that I saw on 24/7. It was on the ECW Aug. 1994 show with Mikey Whipwreck vs. Jason. In that match Mikey bumps the ref, covers Jason, the refs seems to count 3 and the match is over. Then the Pitbulls come out and run in, beating Mikey down and then Jason covers him for 3 (?!). It was really, really weird.

It continues on as Jason gives his victory speech to a bewildered Styles, seemingly hitting on Joey while then ECW jobber Chad Austin pours champagne on Jason. Oh, and Jason also said something like "It is so nice to have a belt now after years of promoters trying to take advantage of me!" As in, sexually.

Styles was completely put off by the whole thing and when Jason left Joey then pleaded with the entire ECW lockerroom to beat the shit out of Jason and run him out of ECW! :lol:

Ultimate Warriors entire run in WCW.

Ben Stiller in the WWF to promote a shitty movie, and gets involved with Jeff Jarrett somehow.

Who drove the hummer??!!

NWO beatdown WCW backstage, but it did lead to one of my favorite moments, when Rey Mysterio became a lawn dart.

The Steiners have a car accident thanks to the NWO, or something like that.

For as much as people liked the NWO, they provided a ton of WTF moments.