TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Vince isn't happy with Coach

Paraphrased from this week’s Observer:

Vince hasn’t been happy with Coach’s work.

When Coach acknowledged the fans booing Cena on the 10/24 Raw against Angle, Vince, who was on the headsets to Coach and Lawler, went off on a tirade against Coach and told Lawler to try and clean the mess up

On a recent broadcast, Coach was browbeaten so badly that when it was over he just put his head down on the table

Talk is now of a Styles, Lawler and Coach trio, but with the betting line having Lawler not long for the slot.

Styles was apparently offered a very lucrative and long-term deal.

Vince has nobody to blame but himself for all that's going on right now. He can shit on whomever he wants to all he wants but at the end of the day he better learn to look in the mirror.

Guest Leelee

I'm in the minority that I don't blame Vince for wanting to get JR out, and try Coach. All of us were sure it would fail, and it did. But, I can't blame him for trying.

It was a mistake to try to make Coach their number one guy anyway, so I blame Vince. Coach just isn't the type of guy to have in that posistion. He's a great comedic heel character, and he's great on a three man team. I'd even love to see him be an actual manager for a few guys, I think that could really work.

I don't have much to say about Styles other than, well, thank God.

All of us were sure it would fail, and it did. But, I can't blame him for trying.

Oh boy. Am I the only one who sees the insanity in that statement?

It was a mistake to try to make Coach their number one guy anyway, so I blame Vince. Coach just isn't the type of guy to have in that posistion. He's a great comedic heel character, and he's great on a three man team. I'd even love to see him be an actual manager for a few guys, I think that could really work.

I don't have much to say about Styles other than, well, thank God.

All of us were sure it would fail, and it did. But, I can't blame him for trying.

Oh boy. Am I the only one who sees the insanity in that statement?

If firing JR, in a roundabout way leads to Joey Styles being his longterm replacement because Coach failed miserably, and they couldn't get Mike Goldberg who are we to complain?

I think what the OP was trying to get at is that sometimes you have to try new things even when odds are they will fail. Let's be honest RAW needed a shake up, although most would agree it was Lawler that needed the boot, and not Ross. If TT was any indication, Vince once again lucked out and got where he needed to and Joey got enough money to make it worth his while. We all win.

Guest JMA

I find it kind of funny that Coach tried to get heel heat (unsuccessfully) by "feuding" with an Internet reporter and is now being replaced by an Internet personality. I'm probably the only one that feels that way, though.

What they should do is make Coach a manager, make Lawler a trainer and possibly an announcer for OVW, and put either Paul Heyman or Tazz with Styles.

I think Styles will freshen things up and I look forward to hearing him... but offering announcers (him, Goldberg) large contracts while pissing off Benoit and Christian is pretty damn stupid.

Guest Leelee

Now we see how long Styles can coexist with the people in WWE... :P With the way Raw has been lately, I can't see it lasting long before Joey rips the product.

I didn't watch Taboo Tuesday, but I thought he did an outstanding job on One Night Stand, and should have replaced JR after that.

I really like Joey Styles. But Coach has been a nice addition. I'm dead sick of JR and MAYBE King could be salvageable with someone new.

No, he can't. Coach replacing JR has completely exposed how horrible Lawler has become.

Guest TotalJim

Forgive me, i couldn't be bothered reading what you guys had to say, for once..

Joey Styles is a WELCOME addition to RAW. Man oh man i love his work. In my opinion, WWE should be trying their DAMNDEST to keep him on the RAW announce team. He is the Tenay, the Tazz, the Heyman, the SAVIOUR of RAW!!

Coach was SHEEEE-YTE on the announcer table as number one hombre.

JR was put to pasture about 6 years too late.

..and Joey, well, what more can i say about how good it is to have someone with as much talent, as much knowledge, as much charisma as Joey Styles on the RAW announce team.? He's just, such a good announcer. I can't get my point across without everyone thinking i'm his bitch or something. But GOoOoOoOoD-DAMN!! He is SO much better than the rest of them!

He CALLS the match!

He CALLS a rest hold, like some lethal move that i should watch every second of!

He CALLS a match's history, the worker's history, the move they just used' history!

He CALLS the build up heat for a feud!

He CALLS JR, Vince and Coach on their cellphones, verbally offends all of them and makes sweet love to their signifcant others and everyone they care about while he's doing all of those other things i just mentioned!!!

And he still does it better than any of them!!!

Such a relief!

Was the origanal stip going to be if Austin beat Coach JR could have his job back and Coach would be off the annouce table or would it be a 3 man group?

There's a reason why I ask.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Was the origanal stip going to be if Austin beat Coach JR could have his job back and Coach would be off the annouce table or would it be a 3 man group?

They never said, either way.

What's the reason, why you ask?

Wait. Does Joey still do that high pitched "OH MY GOD" or whatever it was? Because he's going to have to cut that shit out. I mean it's better than "BAH GAWD! HOSS!" but still.....

Guest *KNK*
They've already killed Jericho; why not just have him commentate with Styles?

Because he's not employed. You can't "have" someone do something when they don't work for you and because Jericho isn't leaving the good life to sit at a table with Joey Styles.

So, I was the only one who wasn't blown away by Joey Styles at Taboo Tuesday?

Maybe it was just because it was odd hearing him (over)hype the WWE product the same way he did ECW, I don't know. He's an improvement on Coach, sure. I didn't think he was as excellent and mind blowing as people are saying though.

I haven't seen Taboo Tuesday yet but Joey had toned his over the top antics down a bit on the ECW PPV. He would still say OH MY GOD but it was more toned down and not high pitched.

In fact after the ONS PPV I thought they might sign Styles. The writing was on the wall then. I thought they might bring in Styles for Smackdown rather than Raw and get rid of Michael Cole, thus teaming Styles with Taz.

Guest Thrashist
I think Styles will freshen things up and I look forward to hearing him... but offering announcers (him, Goldberg) large contracts while pissing off Benoit and Christian is pretty damn stupid.

You're right, but I'd actually say that a good announcer would do more good for the company than Benoit, Christian, or almost any one wrestler on the roster.

Styles is a great improvement, but it won't be long before everyone is calling him a puppet and sell out.

Enjoy it while you can Joey because once the 'net gets bored you'll feel the backlash.