TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

SD spoilers

Guest Leelee

Orton and Taker are still feuding?

Sorry, if you can't tell, I don't follow SD at all. :P

I don't get it. Why did they replace Kennedy in the match with Lashley instead? Lashley doesn't seem like he should even be sniffing the Main Event at this point.

And have they officially dropped the Eddie/Batista feud, in favor of keeping Eddie face? Last I heard, they were still planning on running Guerrero/Batista at Survivor Series. Seems very anti-climactic if their feud is over already.

I don't get it. Why did they replace Kennedy in the match with Lashley instead? Lashley doesn't seem like he should even be sniffing the Main Event at this point.

And have they officially dropped the Eddie/Batista feud, in favor of keeping Eddie face? Last I heard, they were still planning on running Guerrero/Batista at Survivor Series. Seems very anti-climactic if their feud is over already.

Maybe they don't want Kennedy to lose on PPV, even if it would be via screwjob.

And they could have dropped the Eddie/Batista deal, or are just keeping it simmering until a better time to pull the triger.

Guest clockworkraven

Was The Dicks' promo as bad as some reports have got it? (The Dicks are cocky, etc.)

...wait, stupid question.

PW Insider is saying Batista tore a muscle in his back.

That makes it sound like a minor injury. There's a chance he tore a lat so badly it rolled up in his back. If he ends up getting surgery on that, which seems like the only option if it was that serious, it's doubtful he'd be back until sometime between the Rumble and WM at best. SD just got fucked hard.

No it doesn't.

It's now time for them to stop sitting back and THINK all possibilities through. Let Batista hold belt but not wrestle, have Eddie Guerrero win the belt, Randy Orton wins belt and his match against Undertaker at SS is a World Title match, Edge wins belt but then he shouldn't go back to RAW. Maybe Orton as Champion is the best way to go, his match against Taker would mean more. Orton beats Taker, then he goes on to Eddie Guerrero, Eddie beats Orton, Eddie versus Ken Kennedy at WrestleMania for the World Title and Batista returns just before WrestleMania and he attacks Kane, Kane versus Batista.

Well I can see it happening with those rumours going around that Vince McMahon wants Kennedy to main event WM. I would like to see him as the Champion, but not now, he doesn't deserve it yet. Would be cool if he grew his beard again when he's the champ. Bad ass

Guest New Jake
Looking at that, and from what happened at SD, I could see them possibly setting up Batsita versus Kane for WM.

Oh wow, that would be pretty awful.

I would think there would be more of a chance of Batista/Taker, since they've never done that before. If Batista keeps the title until then, they could make a big deal out of "The title vs. the streak".

Are you seriously suggesting Batista be the one to end Taker's Mania streak? Becides that being a bad idea, it would be fucking sad and would only serve to make Batista even more overrated.

I would totally love one more title run with Taker though. And Kane/Batista would be a better main event then Batista/Orton.

Guest New Jake

As much as I dig Kennedy, and I really do. Him beating Taker would be seriously unappropriate. There NEVER will be anyone worth going over Taker for the benefit of star power. Batista will soon lose all importance when he loses the belt, and he will be forgotten. Orton will never take the cake. And if he does, it will suck and result in bad booking, again. So everybody here should just give up the notion that Randy Orton will EVER be an important star in the long term.

But here are some possible candidates.

Matt Hardy-has been booked pointlesly and pushed embarrisingly, has been re-hired once. But I see light in this guy. I like his skill and his ability to work with just about any wrestler from cruserweight to big man.

Edge-Why the fuck have they not caught up with this "money in the bank" shit!? Edge has to be the most overdue star in WWE today.

Chris Benoit-If anything, this is all he needs to go out with a bang. Let him put something to his name other then being a 2nd rate Bret Hart.

The list goes on, mostly involving pushed and unpushed vets.

Guest Leelee
So everybody here should just give up the notion that Randy Orton will EVER be an important star in the long term.

Lolz.

I'm sure WWE management disagrees!

Guest JMA
Orton will never take the cake. And if he does, it will suck and result in bad booking, again. So everybody here should just give up the notion that Randy Orton will EVER be an important star in the long term.

I think Orton will eventually become a main eventer again, but I don't think he'll ever live up to WWE's expectations of him. They want him to eventually be their top guy and it's just not going to happen. He should be high up the card, but he's not the guy to book a promotion around.

Randy Orton was fine as World Champion, the only thing WWE needs to learn how to do is keep him heel because that's what he's best at doing.

What a shitty way to end Kennedy's streak and what a change in plans for SSeries. Originally, it was Batista / Guerrero II and JBL was captain of the SD team with Benoit, Christian, Mysterio, and Kennedy. Now, its looks Batista (?!!), JBL, Guerrero, Lashley, and Mysterio.

I don't like the change.

I don't see why they would want Lashley to job also, considering he is getting pretty good reactions, and looks like he can be the next Brock Lesnar.

Honestly, stick a mouthpeice with him and he can be a Main Eventer in 6 months.

No it doesn't.

It's now time for them to stop sitting back and THINK all possibilities through. Let Batista hold belt but not wrestle, have Eddie Guerrero win the belt, Randy Orton wins belt and his match against Undertaker at SS is a World Title match, Edge wins belt but then he shouldn't go back to RAW. Maybe Orton as Champion is the best way to go, his match against Taker would mean more. Orton beats Taker, then he goes on to Eddie Guerrero, Eddie beats Orton, Eddie versus Ken Kennedy at WrestleMania for the World Title and Batista returns just before WrestleMania and he attacks Kane, Kane versus Batista.

Wow, are you serious? Eddie/Kennedy as the main event of Mania for the friggin' world title? This Kennedy stuff is getting out of hand. I've no problem with people loving the guy; I have no problem with him. But all this "let's make him a main eventer within 6 months" talk is just nuts. I've heard people say he should get Brock's push, or Angle's push. No. Brock was way better than Kennedy will ever be, Angle, even more limited then than he is now, was better than Kennedy and way better on the mic. I like Kennedy, but he should be in the US title division AT BEST come Mania.

Are you seriously suggesting Batista be the one to end Taker's Mania streak? Becides that being a bad idea, it would be fucking sad and would only serve to make Batista even more overrated.

I would totally love one more title run with Taker though. And Kane/Batista would be a better main event then Batista/Orton.

Taker's streak shouldn't be ended by Batista, but he shouldn't get another title run either. And Orton/Tista would be better, even if it still wouldn't be good.

I want either Ken Kennedy to end Taker's streak so Kennedy can be main eventing by Summerslam 2006 time or just nobody stops his streak.

And another stupid thing would be to NOT end Taker's streak. It's been stated numerous times, but ending Taker's streak is probably one of the only real rubs they have left. They would be fools not to end it and try to make another star. This means no Orton win, or Tista win, or Shawn, or whoever. Doesn't mean it should be Kennedy, either, but it should be ended, regardless. Why not? So everyone can go "hey, Taker went unbeaten at 15 WrestleManias! Now he's sure to be remembered"?

NewJake, you're worse than the old one. Seriously. "Benoit.... 2nd rate Bret Hart". Do you even THINK before you type? Tell me why Benoit is a second rate Bret Hart. For one, Benoit was probably better than Bret Hart (though I'm not the one to argue that as I love them both), but, in terms of their character, they're not very similar, if that's the comparison you're trying to make. But hey, they're Canadian, and they're "technical wrestlers" so let's just lump 'em together.

Here's the problem with all these new guys on Raw/SD:

They debut and beat some jobbers for 3-4 weeks.

If they're deemed as over, they "upset" some solid midcarders for 3-4 weeks.

Desperate for fresh matchups, the only recourse WWE has is to start letting them rub elbows with the main eventers.

WWE feels if they let the new, fresh "over" guys spin their wheels in the midcard, they won't be able to strike when the iron is "hot".

What they need to do is insert the new guys in some actual storylines w/ the undercard guys that will occupy their time long enough to keep the newbie fresh but not making him mow through virtually the entire roster.

I realize they did this w/ Bobby Lashley by having him feud w/ Simon Dean but after 2 weeks, it was all over and now he's in the SurSer ME. So, the point is kinda moot there.

If Batista goes out like is possible, I say have Teddy strip him of the title and maybe do a tourny, with Edge causing problems in every match until the finals are for the title (I'd say Eddie and Benoit at Armageddon) but have Edge call that his MITB shot is TECHNICALLY for Smackdown's belt, and wants to cash in so he can win the belt and "take it back to Raw" (thus making him look good in storyline to Bischoff)

Eddie could win the match and the title, Edge could finally use and lose his MITB shot, and it could make for some interesting TV and maybe create something to lead up to Wrestlemania.

They could easily make brackets with Benoit, Booker, JBL, Rey, Eddie, Orton, and any two of Hardy/Kennedy/Lashley or others. Or maybe even just four guys of Eddie, JBL, Rey, and Orton. I say Rey for the underdog factor...

8 Guys...

Benoit vs. Lashley/Kennedy

Eddie vs. JBL

Rey vs. Booker

Orton vs. Hardy

Then...

Eddie vs. Orton

Benoit vs. Booker

It would at least give people advertised matches and a decent storyline.