TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Man of Mystery

Come up with real songs for TNA wrestlers to use

I know we did this with WWE a few months ago, and this is one of TNA's weaknesses, the poor entrance themes, generally speaking. I was inspired by hearing a song at the beginning of Howard Stern's show that went something like "I'm a cowboy, on steel horse I ride, I'm a cowboy, wanted dead or alive" It'd be perfect for AMW, I just checked and it's called "Wanted Dead Or Alive" by Bon Jovi, the lyrics I found were a little differant from what I recall, but it might still work.. Raven could use a Nirvana song, of course. Any other suggestions?

Edited by Masked Man of Mystery

"Wanted Dead or Alive" would be perfect for AMW and those sound like the right lyrics to me.

Jarrett should go back to using the "Cowboy" rip off he had at the end of WCW. I thought it sounded a lot better than that annoying song he has now.

I'm at a loss for everyone else. What did some of the other talent use in ROH and such?

Daniels' theme reminds me of 'Beautiful People' so I supposed that'd be an alright choice for him.

For Samoa Joe, I'd say either "The G O A T" by LL, or "Face the Pain" by Stemm.

If/when Homicide comes in, I'd like to see "Throw Ya Gunz" by Onyx.

I have a soft spot for Alice in Chains, so I'd love to see "Them Bones" being used by a monsterish guy like Abyss.

Aries uses Personal Jesus...I don't know the artist.

Joe uses Momma Said Knock You Out-LL Cool J when hes not champion.

They can't really uses real songs or they run into trouble when they try and produce the shows on dvd, video games, etc. A good portion of their themes are good as it is. It's the lower card guys who recycle the themes that confuse me.

They can't really uses real songs or they run into trouble when they try and produce the shows on dvd, video games, etc. A good portion of their themes are good as it is. It's the lower card guys who recycle the themes that confuse me.

I was going to say that as well. Also, I'm surprised they haven't got a ceast and desist on the rip-off music (Duds, Kip James) since WWE is so lawsuit happy nowadays. But the guys they've put effort into over the years, there music works for me. I love Abyss, AJ and Jarrett's music...it's instantly recognizable to anyone who's been watching TNA for more than 3 minutes (of course, new viewers will take a while to recognize who's coming out, but even if they used real songs the same would be true. The pop would be for the song, not the worker). I like Primetime's music, loved the old XXX theme, and still get chills watching Raven's entrance at Destiny. I have always thought Monty and AMW's music could use a little work. Just my two cents though....

I was going to say that as well. Also, I'm surprised they haven't got a ceast and desist on the rip-off music (Duds, Kip James) since WWE is so lawsuit happy nowadays. But the guys they've put effort into over the years, there music works for me. I love Abyss, AJ and Jarrett's music...it's instantly recognizable to anyone who's been watching TNA for more than 3 minutes (of course, new viewers will take a while to recognize who's coming out, but even if they used real songs the same would be true. The pop would be for the song, not the worker). I like Primetime's music, loved the old XXX theme, and still get chills watching Raven's entrance at Destiny. I have always thought Monty and AMW's music could use a little work. Just my two cents though....

I'm a big fan of Abyss, AJ, Jarrett and Rhino's themes, and now that they've included the ominous (Godzilla?) music at the start of Joe's theme, I'm happy.

I'm at a loss for everyone else.  What did some of the other talent use in ROH and such?

Austin Aries- (Used to be) Marilyn Manson, "Personal Jesus"

Samoa Joe- LL Cool J, "Mama Said Knock You Out" w/Gozilla intro

Chris Daniels- Marilyn Manson, "Disposable Teens"

Alex Shelley- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, "Whatever Happened To My Rock And Roll"

Can't remember Roderick Strong's new one.

Homicide, if he comes in, just won't be the same without his theme. I at least hope they rip the intro out and stick it on something else if they really have to.

I love Abyss, AJ and Jarrett's music...

I totally agree abot AJ and Abyss's themes. I often get them stuck in my head in a good way. You are the only person I know of who actually like's Jeff's theme music. I hate it. It doesn't even have to do with Jeff himself. Benoit could have that theme and I'd still hate it.

Guest [censored]

What's involved with getting a song licensed? If they get the a license to play it as an entrance couldn't they get the same to use for the DVD's?

If not I would still move to actual music. It is so much more emotion causing and can go a long ways in getting a crowd pumped. If this means skipping entrances for most of the guys on DVDs so be it.

Raven's TNA music is the same as his WCW music only slower.

The best song they have is AJ's. Easily the best work they've done musically.

Daniels' TNA music is a ripoff of Disposable Teens already.

And they changed Joe's music to add a ripoff of the Godzilla intro.

The guy they have doing the music does some pretty good work... it's just that a lot of it sounds too much alike, especially for guys who are "TNA Homegrown stars" which adds to the problem.

Abyss: Dimmu Borgir - "Progenies of the Apocalypse"

At least the intro for it. The faster parts and the power metal-y breakdown wouldn't fit, so just loop the intro riff over and over again. Has a nice war-ish classical score around it with driving guitars and drums, perfectly fit for an entrance.

AJ Styles: Avenged Sevenfold - "Chapter Four"

Fits in a couple of ways. Starts off very dark, and then lightens up with some great melodic and harmonic fills over a good background riff. The song's also about the murder of Abel by Cain, and since AJ's a reborn it'd fit (not his gimmick, but he himself). Plus, A7X is growing in popularity thanks to endless touring and the success of "Bat Country," so it'd be something to go "hey, we've got our top wrestler using an older song by a very popular band!" Also a good entrance theme once the melodic/harmonic part comes in.

Alex Shelley: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Whatever Happened To My Rock N' Roll"

Because he uses it in RoH, so fans of his from RoH would instantly pop for it.

"The Alpha Male" Monty Brown: some tribal stuff

Would it be kinda racist to have a black wrestler enter to tribal music? Yes. But would it fit his gimmick of an in-ring predator that makes countless references to the African Serengeti? Yes.

America's Most Wanted: Nashville Pussy - "Wrong Side of the Gun"

Southern rock band. Southern tag team. Fits.

Apolo: Puya - "Oasis"

A nu-metal song that came out back when nu-metal was still SOMEWHAT listenable (ie. 1996-1998) all about how much the boys love their homeland of Puerto Rico. He's Puerto Rican. Yeah.

Austin Aries: Marilyn Manson - "Personal Jesus"

See "Shelley, Alex."

BG James: Motörhead - "No Class"

I don't know exactly 100% why, but it just fits him. Hell, have it be an instrumental for him and let him "rap" over it, or something, I dunno. I was tempted to give 3LK a group theme, but it'd work better if they came out to individual songs and then used the current theme song they have for tag/6-man matches.

Chris Sabin: Unearth - "Zombie Autopilot"

It'd be a great entrance song, that's why. He'd get it because I think every wrestler should have a video package of their highlights set to their entrance music, and a video of Sabin's highlights would be mint set to this song. Also, a "HAIL SABIN!" should play before the opening notes of the tune.

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels: Marilyn Manson - "Disposeable Teens"

Because he uses a ripoff of it right now, and uses the actual song everywhere else he works.

Gail Kim: Zombie Nation - "Kraftwerk 400"

She should have a techno/dance song as a theme, and don't ask me why. Why not go with one of the catchiest?

Jeff Hardy: keep current

I can't think of anything else for him.

Jeff Jarrett: Kid Rock - "Cowboy"

Meh, why not? Better than his current "MY WORLD" song that makes him come across as a ripoff of HHH (with the "My Time" slogan/theme in 2000).

Kip James: Gwar - "Billy Bad Ass"

Haha, just for shits and giggles.

Konnan: some Spanish rap song, I dunno

Beats me...

Lance Hoyt: Black Eyed Peas - "Let's Get Retarded"

Just for hilarity's sake.

Matt Bentley: Black Label Society - "Stillborn"

That's the song that his theme reminds me of, oddly enough. It'd be cool to see him come out to it, too, doing his faux-HBK twirl and whatnot.

Raven: keep current

I like his current TNA theme better than I did his WCW ripoff of "Come As You Are" or his ECW song ("Come Out And Play" by The Offspring), as I feel it works for him better. Maybe change the "chorus" part (where it sounds kinda happy) and just keep the same riff/lick going over and over again.

Rhino: Dope - "Debonaire"

Bring back the ECW Rhino theme, or heads will roll!

Roderick Strong: Mozart - "Requiem"

Would be very interesting to see a wrestler come out to nothing but classical music.

Ron "The Truth" Killings: hrmmm...

I'm torn. Gang Starr's "1/2 & 1/2" and NERD's "Lap Dance" would both work equally well...so one of those two.

Sabu: keep current

"Huka Blues" was his best theme in ECW, and since this is a ripoff of it, why not?

Samoa Joe: Six Feet Under - "War Machine"

Only the intro/chorus riff looped over and over, much like Taz used to use (only his was the original by Kiss before Harry Slash re-did a little bit), with the Godzilla intro beforehand.

Shark Boy: Jaws theme

Duh.

Sonjay Dutt: Dream Theater - "Overture 1928"

Why not? It'd be...interesting.

Sonny Siaki: keep current

The drum beats with that little techno "blip" in the background works. HUH!

Team 3D: Biohazard - "Dogs of War"

Ray is all about NYHC. There ya go.

Team Canada: keep current

Team Canada's rock remix of "O, Canada" is good.

The Naturals: God Lives Underwater - "No More Love"

A good intro song, and it'd prolly get a decent face pop just for how damn catchy it is.

I'm at a loss for everyone else.  What did some of the other talent use in ROH and such?

Austin Aries- (Used to be) Marilyn Manson, "Personal Jesus"

Samoa Joe- LL Cool J, "Mama Said Knock You Out" w/Gozilla intro

Chris Daniels- Marilyn Manson, "Disposable Teens"

Alex Shelley- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, "Whatever Happened To My Rock And Roll"

Can't remember Roderick Strong's new one.

Homicide, if he comes in, just won't be the same without his theme. I at least hope they rip the intro out and stick it on something else if they really have to.

Strong uses A Victim, A Target by Misery Signals.

No, he really shouldn't. That's too damn expected and doesn't require any thought at all to put that song to somebody who's booked as a beast and/or has a "jungle" gimmick like Monty does.

If anything I think Monty should use "the zoo" by the scorpions.

Jeff Jarrett..."Power-Trippin'"-Monster Magnet

Rhyno..."Bodies"-Drowning Pool

Raven..."Even Flow"-Pearl Jam

3LK..."Welcome to the Terrordome"-Public Enemy

Christopher Daniels - Planet Hell by Nightwish could fit him just as well as Disposable Teens.

Monty Brown - Step Up by Drowning Pool seems like it fits his gimmick to a T if you read the lyrics.

No, he really shouldn't. That's too damn expected and doesn't require any thought at all to put that song to somebody who's booked as a beast and/or has a "jungle" gimmick like Monty does.

That's like something that you'd expect from an awful indy show with King Kong Bundy main eventing.