TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

I mostly just come here to post about sports, and I've already expressed my feelings at other forums and don't have it in me to come up with anything poetic right now, but this is just so tragic and sad. It's been about 8 hours since I heard and I still cant get over it, still can't come to grips with it, it just came out of nowhere, I NEVER would have expected something like this. I feel so much for his family and friends, and this was a huge loss to the business. Eddie Guerrero was an inspiration to me and so many others, he overcame so much in his short life, the way he died and the timing of it....this just sucks, it fucking sucks. RIP Eddie, may god be with you, we're all gonna remember you.

eddie_guerrero.jpg

I will say this much, there was many a teary eye tonight at the tribute show, me included. Fucking unbelievable news hard to comprehend right now, even after being there live at this show tonight. Just saddening to the n'th degree. This shouldnt happen to people like Eddy and until I hear different (meaning unless I hear the death was from something like a drug overdose or something, which I highly doubt), its just not fair as he didnt deserve to leave the world like this.

...and the tears start coming out after letting this all sink in.

It's times like these when I realize, we're all a part of a huge family. To lose someone from your family hurts like no other. We allowed him into our homes for years and years, and he entertained us with all he had. For him to go the way he did.. goddamn, it's just tragic. Nothing but tragic. I don't know how to put how I feel into words right now.

That's beautiful, Luis. My sentiments exactly. That's pretty much how I explained the situation to Melissa and to my mom when they asked why I was so down, why I had been crying.

I've met many wrestlers, as I know you have, but never had the pleasure of meeting Eddie. Still, I feel like I knew him, from the countless years of watching him, to shoot interviews, to his DVD.

A lot of the wrestlers who have died weren't favorites ofmine, but their deaths still hurt. Eddie, however, was one of the greatest and his loss hurts the most, up there with Owen's.

Even almost having half a day since hearing the news, it's still sinking in. Wow...Just Wow. My thoughts and prayers are with the Guerrero family. Eddie, you were taken too soon, but I hope you have found some peace wherever you may be.

This is very saddening news. I have been a fan of Eddie since I first saw him in ECW in 1995. I follwed him in WCW where he quickly became one of my all-time favorites. I can't believe this. I've been talking about him so much lately because of Batista's injury and the idea of seeing him be a World Champion again. Seems like it makes it sting all the more. I've managed to fight back any tears that may want to surface thus far, but tomorrow night I'd be shocked if they don't break loose. Hopefully though, this tribute show will do for Eddie what the one in '99 did for Owen, allow everyone to grieve and celebrate his life and make you feel just a little bit better about life going on without him. I've always loved my "Cheat 2 Win" shirt, now I'll cherish it a little more.

Thanks for the memories. R.I.P. Eddie

Tonight as I got back home, I found out one of my favorite wrestlers died. I'm in tears as I type this since a death in the wrestling industry hasn't hit me this hard since the passings of Owen Hart, Hawk, and the Big Boss Man.

I was lucky enough to meet him on January 4, 2004. He was an awesome guy as he let me take a picture with him and being able to talk to him for a few minutes was just surreal. I'm really thankful he had a run being the WWE Champion because he was one of those guys that truly deserved it, not only in having the amazing skill of being such a great performer both in and out of the ring, but having the ability to make people laugh. I'm going to miss him so much as I've gone through life as a fan, seeing him for the first time on the TV screen back when he was working for WCW. Thanks for everything, Eddie, as you're now up in the big blue sky with your father.

:(

Steal A Halo For Me, Eddie!

d9_1_b.JPG

A wrestling moment I will remember for the rest of my life

Guest The Iron Yuppie

Like a number of others, I clicked on this thread, thinking it was one of those perverted jokes that gets posted every so often. Words cannot adequately express my reaction upon discovering just the opposite.

Cliched though it may sound.... Thanks for the memories, Eddie.

Well after a long day of just trying to down the emotions while at work and trying to figure out what to say about the man, I finally get to post something about Eddie. I never met Eddie personnally but like most of us, I started watching him in WCW. I can't remember the year, I can't even remember who he was facing, the only thing I really remember is saying "someday he'll be a world champion." and I have been a fan ever since. Eddie was one of those guys who just made wrestling fun. You just watched a promo or a match and you couldn't help but either laugh or be entertained in some sort of way. I was at the Cow Palace when Eddie won the title off Brock at No Way Out in Feb. 2004. The emotion that night was high. After the ref made the "ring the bell" signal, it was....I wish I could explain it. The crowd was loud, people were jumping, and Eddie was jumping into the crowd celebrating with us. I felt like being a part of wrestling history watching Eddie win that title and it was. Eddie's one of my few major influances that made me want to become a pro wrestler. To me, when people ask anyone why someone is a fan of professional wrestling, they should think of guys like Eddie Guerrero.

Rest In Peace Eddie and Thank you.......thank you so very much.

Jesus.

This has to be one of the saddest and probably the most high-profile deaths in wrestling. I know it's easy to get carried away when someone in the wrestling business dies and heap endless praise on them, but Eddie was probably pound for pound the best in the world for a lot of his career. Usually these things don't hit me too hard, but Eddie was always one of my favourite wrestlers and I'm still shocked.

At least there's some comfort that he (like Chris Candido) turned his life around during the low times and got a second shot, that he got to experience being World Champion and that he went out with the fans cheering him.

R.I.P Eddy.

This is just...

I don't know, I can barely talk right now. I didn't get on the computer yesterday thanks to being exhausted from work, and this morning, when my dad told me he heard a wrestler by the name of Eddie Guerrero had died, not only did my whole morning go to shit but my whole day did, and the following days also.

We've lost not only one of the BEST wrestlers in the WWE, but one of the of the BEST wrestlers in the world.

R.I.P. Eddie.

Best wishes to his family and friends.

Guest Korgath

I live in Singapore, so I literally woke up this Monday to the news of Eddie's passing. Almost 12 hours later, and I still don't think it's fully sunk in yet. Eddie Guerrero was permanently entertaining (which is hard for any wrestler to be). In the ring, out of it, in person, in or out of character.

Much of Eddie's magic comes from how real he is to fans. I still remember his little feud with The Rock, and how he spoke about how his daughters idolised him and not their own father. You couldn't tell if Eddie was acting, or if he really was hurt by his childrens' actions. That was how good Eddie was. He blurred the lines of reality and entertainment, and we ate up every word.

In the ring, Eddie was THE man to watch. In tag team competition, he was always the bigger star, but you never felt it. It was part of Eddie's wonderful humility to see him never once upstage his partner, whether it was Chavito, Tajiri or Rey Rey. In singles competition, he defined the art of sports-entertainment. Face or heel, he had the crowd in the palm of his hand. He paid his dues and earned every title he got. I'm glad he stood tall with Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania XX.

Here in Singapore, we're three weeks behind on WWE programming... so I'll get to see Eddie in action for another two weeks, including his last televised match. It'll be surreal.

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, may angels guide your way to Heaven.

Eddie's death was just shocking to me.

And to the person who claimed that those who weren't his great friends can't shed a tear, that's silly.

When I think back of seeing Eddie on PPV with Art Barr, amazing me and setting the tone for innovatice lucha and high-flying to come to the states, I respected him.

I remember in high school, yep, I'm a silly mark at heart, I started writing my name as "Eddy" instead of "Eddie" for like 2 years, just because I was so into his famed "rudo dick heel" act in WCW.

The heavily rumored notion that Eddie would go over for the same WWE Title that bigger and way less talented people held, and that a "you'll never be a World champ, vanilla midget" was gonna finally usher in talented cruiser-based main event scene was reason enough to drop 35 dollars for a horrible undercard, just to say I saw that live.

Eddie's motivation to Benoit at Mania, his retaining the title at MSG, and the epic post-match celebration was easily the highlight of 2004 WWE.

So when I think about the fact that a guy that brought me so many happy memories is gone, and the suffering his family is going through now, it makes me tear up. A new daughter won't get to know one of wrestling's most brilliant performers, never get to see him do the "cocky shaking dance", and never get to grow up with her dad. I think that can make anyone cry.

Rest in peace, Eddie. Thank you for all the great memories you gave me.

I know it's cliche to do the "now heaven will...", but damnit, here goes...

I bet Owen's up there. And after years of practical jokes, he's finally about to become a face. But Eddie just hit one of the saints with a chair, and threw the chair to Owen. Eddie's laying on a cloud, pretending to be out cold...

And everyone's still gonna mark out.

R.I.P. Eddie

I know it's cliche to do the "now heaven will...", but damnit, here goes...

I bet Owen's up there.  And after years of practical jokes, he's finally about to become a face.  But Eddie just hit one of the saints with a chair, and threw the chair to Owen.  Eddie's laying on a cloud, pretending to be out cold...

And everyone's still gonna mark out.

R.I.P. Eddie

Thanks for that, I'm sure he'd love the thought

I don't cry, I haven't been emotionally wrecked like some of you, but I haven't been able to take my mind off this.

I've had a stomach bug for two days now and I very well could have toughed it out and went to work, but I opted to stay home and see if there will be any updates on Eddie today.

I know that sounds bad, but I really don't like my job anyways...

I was kinda busy over the weekend so I didn't get to jump on the computer at all.

My radio came on this morning with a news item that Eddy had passed away in his hotel room.

My heart immediately sank, I just can't believe that this could happen. I rushed to work and got right on the board.

After reading the thread, watching the press conference I still can't believe this is happening.

Godspeed Eddy Guerrero.

You know the worst feelings are gone now. I had an alright day at school but when I drove back home I suddenly thought "wow wtf, Eddie fucking Guerrero is dead". I just still can't realize it. A man I watched every week on my TV for years is now gone forever. I can't stop thinking he'll one day come back and entertain us again, it's just so weird...

I still can't believe it either. It's been said over and over, but it's that same feeling that everyone else is having, you know the one...Eddie Guerrero is dead!????? It's just something that is so out there, that you just can't process the information.

It's times like this that really makes all of us realize that we do indeed still look at these guys as if they are larger than life. Many of us claim not to do it anymore, not since we were kids, but deep down in all of us we all still think that same thing. Had someone told me 24 hours ago that a day later I'd be sitting here talking about Eddie f'n Guerrero being dead, I'd have said they were fucked up in the head. No way in hell could that be true.

I woke up yesterday, and just as I always do, I got on the computer to check my email, refresh TSM, etc... When I first saw the topic, I sincerely thought that I was still dreaming, no shit. I sat here, still in a daze from just waking up, rubbed my eyes, and just started reading the entire thread. It actually took me a minute to realize that this was indeed true, and that I was not actually just dreaming this.

You just never really, not really, expect any of the guys to pass on. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure many of us have thought at one time or another that it's going to be weird as the years go by and many of them grow older and die "normal" deaths, old age and the such, but most of us have never been able to think about the younger guys like Eddie passing, and especially not the younger guys like Eddie who are still on TV week after week after week. It's just not something any of us really expect

A few of you may sit back and say we shouldn't be surprised, that it shouldn't shock us, and we should instantly be able to accept it, but it's not that easy, and the majority of you guys know just what I'm talking about.

Right now, I'm pretty angry about the entire thing, while obviously still being upset. I just pray that it's discovered that he passed simply because his heart gave out on him for natural reasons...that does happen every now and then, with seemingly no cause. I don't want to have to read about it being drugs or anything (even if it's just from the effects of his past abuse) and I most certainly don't want to have to read any bullshit about the chairshot of all things leading to his death.

Ugh, I still don't really know what to think about anything, by this point I'm just rambling on...

Just, once again, God bless Eddie Guerrero, and thanks to him for all of the fantastic memories that I'll carry with me always. There are many things in wrestling that whenever I see them, I'll always think of him for as long as I live.

I still find it very hard to believe that Eddie is gone, a man that was so full of life is dead at such a young age and I still can't accept it. I remember seeing Eddie for the first time in WCW, hating him as a mark for his Rudo tactics, laughing my ass off when he had his feud with Chavito, being shocked when he left WCW for the WWF in 2000, being entertained by his Latino Heat and Chyna storyline, being amazed by his matches with RVD, Benoit, Jericho, Angle and Rey, and experiencing one of the greatest moments in Pro-wrestling history when he beat Lesnar for the WWE title.

Descanza en Paz Amigo, Eddie Guerrero.

One more thing, I could care any less if Eddie died of natural causes or drug abuse my respect for the man hasn't and will never change, whatever he did behind closed doors shouldn't change the fact that he was a great entertainer and family man.

Edited by humongous2002

Guest Boobie
My God my mother passes away on July 15th and then I lose one of my favorite wrestlers.  I know it is cliche but believe me this year I've learned that life is precious.

RIP Mom and Eddie

I feel you there, I lost my brother in Iraq earlier in the year. It is one of life's lessons to learn that death is apart of life, and to live our lives well and have no regrets.

It struck me yesterday as I recieved the message that Eddy had died, just how involved and passionate I am, as most of you are about pro wrestling. We often can't talk about our intrinsic love for the sport with friends and family because of the stigma attached, but the love is there, and after today I realized, very real. When I got the news of his death I cried. I felt as though a family member had been taken. We in the Internet Wrestling Community are often scorned by those in the wrestling business because we criticize. Today they need to know that we criticize because we care. We care so much for these athletes. We are heavily emotionally investes in their successes and their failures, and when a man as great as Eddy Guerrero dies, presumably due to the demons he worked so hard for the majority of his adult life to conquer. A little part of us dies as well. So say what you want about the IWC, about those of us who criticize and nitpick, but keep in mind that the love that we feel for this sport, and the intense passion we harbor for the success of those involved should never be questioned. I didn't know the private Eddy Guerrero, but knowing his TV persona was good enough for me. Godspeed, Eddy... And please, save a frogsplash for me.

-Gabe Yocum

P.S.--Say Hi to the boys for all of us, and tell 'em how much we miss 'em

QUOTE(Quit Calling My Mama @ Nov 14 2005, 05:01 AM)

This is a fucking disgrace

He has his e-mail right there.

If I knew how to send the jerk a virus...I would

Fuck that asshole. Hope he catches some fatal virus and his dick falls off. How dare he??

Yesterday I watched the Eddie DVD again. A few tears filled my eyes. Can't wait to see the WWE special shows for him. Thanks again, Eddie, vato loco.

Edited by pochorenella

Guest adamsummers

It's almost been a full 24 hours for myself since I read this news... 24 hours and it still seems so unreal. I know that due to my predition post it might have seemed like I wasnt an Eddie fan, but the reality of it was I have been a HUGE Eddie fan since the very first wrestling match I saw on TV back when he was in WCW. It was because of him I started tuning in each week to watch his fueds with DDP and countless others... when he showed up in WWE, I knew it was time for him to rise even further towards the top. His classic "Lie, Cheat, Steal" methods of wrestling were entertaining and most of the time very creative and funny. Winning the World Championship was awesome... I loved him being Champion, his fueds with JBL I enjoyed...

sorry... got me going and now I can't stop. Eddie is one of the few wrestling I believe who could have easily carried the torch for either brand, or either company (WWE-TNA) his death brings so much sadness... but for me, more goes towards his family, friends, and us... the fans. personally I am rejoicing a bit, cause I know he is in a better place, no more pain or hardships for Latino Heat.

Eddie... like so many have said but I am saying it too... you'll be missed!

I pray for Eddie's family and friends... tonight's show is going to be the most emotional show I have ever watched.

R.I.P Eddie Guerrero