TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Spoilers for Raw & SD! Tapings

Since both shows are being taped, concievably they could show the first match on Raw, the second on Smackdown, the third on Raw, etc., and intercut Eddie moments throughout.

I'm really excited to these tribute shows. I'm glad the company is being so classy about this. I was halfway expecting them to be jerks about it. I know they did Raw is Owen in the past but you know lately has just been chaos but like I said, i can't wait to see these shows.

Guest Ransome
Its bittersweet though, we get two great matches in a row, but the surrounding circumstances are just terrible.  I'm going to enjoy watching the show, and celebrating Eddie's career, and life.

Amen. So far, it looks like a very fitting, emotional tribute.

I assume they're taping Smackdown first, but Kurt Angle vs Shelton must surely be on Raw. Maybe they're just editing bits and pieces onto each show?

Which matches of Eddie would you people pick?

Eddie and Dean's last ECW match might be one I'd pick.

Eddie winning the US Title from Flair would be good, to me, for the historical purposes of Eddie beating Flair.

Eddie/Brock with the "JUST DIE EDDIE!" part edited out...

Eddie/Kurt from Mania XX.

WWE.com has updated the touring scheduling on their 'WWE International' page.

Thu, Nov 17 WWE RAW Live Event - Manchester, England 7:30 PM Tickets

Fri, Nov 18 WWE RAW Live Event - Birmingham, England 7:30 PM Tickets

Mon, Nov 21 WWE Presents RAW - SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND 7:30 PM Tickets

WWE SmackDown! Live Event - Nottingham, England 7:30 PM

Tue, Nov 22 WWE RAW Live Event - Coventry, England 7:30 PM Tickets

WWE Presents SmackDown! - SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND 7:30 PM

It's really awesome of them to pay tribute to a great wrestler by having a night full of great wrestling matches.

And I hope they show some Eddy matches too, but I wouldn't bet on it. I remember thinking when Owen died that for sure Smackdown would be all Owen matches, but they didn't show any.

It's really awesome of them to pay tribute to a great wrestler by having a night full of great wrestling matches. 

And I hope they show some Eddy matches too, but I wouldn't bet on it.  I remember thinking when Owen died that for sure Smackdown would be all Owen matches, but they didn't show any.

That's because SmackDown didn't exist until August 1999.

I don't know what is taking so long to update the site but I hope others are checking as well. PWTorch is like the Plague on my PC. Even with pop up blocker they hit me hard. I'm running real slow and feel like I'm going to crash any minute.

And I hope they show some Eddy matches too, but I wouldn't bet on it.  I remember thinking when Owen died that for sure Smackdown would be all Owen matches, but they didn't show any.

That's because SmackDown didn't exist until August 1999.

Oops, then I guess I thought that about Raw.

The announcers (Styles, Lawler, Coach) were shown talking, but the fans live in the arena could not hear what they were saying.

(5) Melina (from MNM) won a diva battle royal. All active divas on the roster, excluding Lita, participated in the battle royal. Maria was said to have done very little during the match, and spent most of her time in it avoiding physical contact.

(6) Eugene defeated Simon Dean. Eugene won it with the Rock Bottom.

They then aired a video of Chris Benoit and Eddie together. Benoit gave a speech about how close he and Eddie were. He broke down during the speech, as this was clearly a very emotional time for Benoit. He said, "Thank you for everything you've given me. I'll never forget you. I love you."

After this, Triple H gave a speech about Eddie. This was an inopportune time for Hunter to give his speech, following Benoit like that. It was said that a skeptic might have questioned Hunter's intentions. Hunter said Eddie was well liked by everyone in the locker room, and that no one had a bad thing to say about him.

(7) Ric Flair defeated William Regal. The finish came when Flair made Regal submit to the figure four leglock. Flair had an Eddie Guerrero arm band on, and played it up for the crowd and got a nice ovation for it.

They then aired clips of Eddie Guerrero and his relationship with Chyna, and things that went on during that time period.

(8) John Cena defeated Randy Orton by disqualification. The finish came when "Cowboy" Bob Orton interfered on his son's behalf. The match was said to have been not very long and not very good.

Overall, the best match of the taping was Rey Mysterio vs. Shawn Michaels, but in general the focus was on Eddie Guerrero, and in no way would that be considered a match of the year candidate. There were no promos (other than the tribute speeches for Eddie) and no angles whatsoever. Just video packages and matches.

Looks like they decided to sit on the World title question until next week. All for the best, I guess. Gives them more time to figure out what would be best.

Guest Desperate Housewife

Hah - they won't even job Orton to CENA! cleanly! on a tribute show!