TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tony manero

Cena is booed out of the building against HHH

Guest GoJoe

It's important to note that the house show was in England, a country where anyone with more than three braincells is conditioned to hate chavs. Which Cena is. So it's really not a suprise he was booed, we have given him bad receptions before.

It's important to note that the house show was in England, a country where anyone with more than three braincells is conditioned to hate chavs. Which Cena is. So it's really not a suprise he was booed, we have given him bad receptions before.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Cena's always going to be a heel over here, character change or not.

in other news from this particular card, apparently Rob Conway beat Shelton with a roll-up pin while holding onto the ropes...why do they ALWAYS beat Shelton that way?

Guest Fook
I never understood why Cena couldn't continue doing what he was doing that got him over in the first place.  Why did he have to stop doing Freestyle raps making fun of his opponents?  The Rock got to keep acting like a jerk towards his opponents when he turned face back in '99 and '00. 

Instead we get Cena making bad "deez nuts" jokes and cutting extremely cheesy face promos instead of being a jerk that people liked.

From what I understand, it was the office who had him stop this.

Cena wanted to continue doing his edgy freestyles, but the office was getting word from the network (UPN at the time) that advertisers were getting upset, so they asked Cena to tone it down.

I remember that one night on RAW when he did his old rap schtick on Carlito, HBK, Angle, Big Show, & Edge. I was thinking, "Why did he EVER go away from this stuff? This is what made him."

I remember that one night on RAW when he did his old rap schtick on Carlito, HBK, Angle, Big Show, & Edge. I was thinking, "Why did he EVER go away from this stuff? This is what made him."

I thought the same thing too, but people here were knocking him for it...

I think WWE wanted Cena to tone down the freestyles due to the FCC, so instead of just toning them down, he quit doing them.

I was watching The Undertaker DVD, and I had forgot how edgy Cena's freestyles used to be.

Wasn't there talk that if Austin vs. Hogan falls through, Cena vs. Hogan would be the backup plan?

I shudder to think how badly booed Cena would be in a match against Hogan. WOW.

At this point, Vince should offer Sting a boatload of money to come in and work a program with Shelton Benjamin, eventually putting him over.

I know a lot of you guys dread the thought of seeing another WCW star being misused by Vince and company;  however, I think that if Sting is brought in for the sole purpose of putting Shelton or some other promising young talent over, then it will be very helpful to WWE's main-event scene. Plus, there's a built-in feud already, with Shelton using the Stinger Splash.

As for those who think that Shelton is a lost cause in WWE, he IS main-eventing RAW against Angle this Monday, so maybe Vince has changed his tune regarding him...

If you're bringing Sting in to build Shelton as a top face I think it would backfire. I'm sure they could have a good feud but I think the fans would all end up turning on Shelton in favor of Sting

Guest jkt

I think a heel Cena as champ would be great. I know they aren't going to do that anytime soon because HHH won't want it and they want the little kids buying all the Cena crap on shopzone. Vince is going to start canning the Heat on these shows if the reaction gets that bad.

I thought the same thing too, but people here were knocking him for it...

Only a few. Guys like Anglesault...do we really take him seriously?

Why is it ok for the Rock to make a homosexual reference & not ok for Cena to make one?

For one, Cena isn't the Rock.

Two, I doubt anyone really liked the Rock's stuff either, it was just more forgivable. It was probably more creative, but it was still pretty cheesy and just as lame as when Cena does it now.

As for Cena's promo a while back, it was better than anything he had done since coming to Raw, but there were still a couple bombs there, and he really needs to drop the early-90s 'Deez nutz lol' thing.

HHH really has toned down all the stuff we hated him for. His physique tells us that he's cut back on the roids or stopped them all together as he's starting to get a bit fat. He hasn't been going over everyone left and right anymore so he's cut back on the politics. So gradually we've backed off.

Someone stated here Cena should just do the hip hop "Hate Me Now" angle where fans turn on people simply because they made it to the top and are successful. Don't turn him corporate, but just let him shove his success in people's face for heel heat. This is what's actually happening with Cena. Hogan had this type of hate too in 1990-1 after getting stale and doing the same damn crap over and over. Cena also didn't exactly go through the ringer like an Eddie or Benoit to get the top title. If they do Hogan vs. Cena with Cena heel proclaiming he is the next Hogan I think the match will sell tickets and ppv buys. As for HHH's sympathy from fans I think the fans are respecting him more now because he's probably the last left of guys who went through the ringer to get to the top. The newer guys are just being handed belts so quickly like Orton. It also has to do with HHH listening to the audience for once by pulling back on hogging the belt and main event scene.

Cena's bombing so badly that when he went for the FU the first time, Funaki suddenly vaporized.

This didn't really work out so well. But, I appreciate the effort.

Since when did you guys become so critical of a guy making a joke?

You're not a casting agent and he isn't auditioning.

Excuse me. I happen to appreciate Rando's humor. His Randoisms are fine with me, and he knows this.

(You do know this, right Rando?)

It was pretty funny, but still too many homosexual references.

I'd like to see a feud between Cena and AJ Styles just to see who busts out more insults about the other's sexuality.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I'm pretty content to stay on the John Cena bandwagon for now because damn it, the guy is funny when he's being himself, and I'm a pretty good judge of humor.

Yeah, his moveset is lacking and what's there is pretty slim at that. Big deal, I used to spend many a 4th-grade recess defending Hulk Hogan over the same issues. Bottom line is, John Cena is superstar material. They just blue-chipped him to death.

Now let's just wait for the "Die Cena Die" signs and the inevitable heel turn that cites said sign as a reason for recourse.

Cena's bombing so badly that when he went for the FU the first time, Funaki suddenly vaporized.

This didn't really work out so well. But, I appreciate the effort.

Since when did you guys become so critical of a guy making a joke?

You're not a casting agent and he isn't auditioning.

Excuse me. I happen to appreciate Rando's humor. His Randoisms are fine with me, and he knows this.

(You do know this, right Rando?)

It was pretty funny, but still too many homosexual references.

I'd like to see a feud between Cena and AJ Styles just to see who busts out more insults about the other's sexuality.

What's this about AJ questioning the sexuality of others? First time I've heard of it

What's this about AJ questioning the sexuality of others? First time I've heard of it

AJ calls people "fags" every once in a while even though he's religious. I first noticed it two years ago when he was a heel in TNA during the S.E.X. vs. TNA feud.