Houston at Baltimore 1:00 PM

Arizona at San Francisco 4:05 PM

Washington at St. Louis 4:05 PM

NY Jets at New England 4:15 PM

Denver at Kansas City 4:15 PM

Oakland at San Diego 8:30 PM

MON, DEC 5

Seattle at Philadelphia 9:00 PM

Three HUGE games this week. Which is the bigger game, Bengals at Steelers or Cowboys at Giants? I'd say the latter, since there's a lot on the line for both teams in terms of just make it to the postseason.

Strange to see a Broncos-Chiefs game be only the third-biggest game of the week.

Week 13 Playoff Scenarios from ESPN:

AFC South

• The Colts can clinch division title with:

1. A win and a Jaguars loss.

• The Colts can clinch a first-round bye with:

1. A win and a Jaguars loss and a Bengals loss.

• The Colts can clinch playoff berth with:

1. A win

2. Tie and Steelers loss or tie.

3. Tie and Chargers loss.

4. Steelers loss and Chargers loss.

5. Steelers loss and Chiefs loss.

NFC West

• The Seahawks can clinch division title with:

1. A win or Rams loss or Seahawks tie and Rams tie.

The Texans and 49ers have been eliminated from playoff contention.

Don't overlook Atlanta/Carolina. That game will be really big in the NFC South. If Tampa takes care of business against New Orleans, an Atlanta win log jams the division with a 3 way tie. Likewise, Carolina can create some separation and continue the push for a first round bye with a win.

I think the Cowboys will win the division if they beat the Giants. A win would effectively give them a 2 game lead with only 4 to play and I like them to win at least 2 of their last 4 games.

And now it's yet again time for my predictions for the week~!

SUN, DEC 4

Tennessee at Indianapolis 1:00 PM: Biggest upset ever! Not. Colts in a squash, about like the previous matchup if not worse.

Green Bay at Chicago 1:00 PM: Favre always wins in Chicago, but the Pack seems to find ways to lose this year. Bears by 6.

Jacksonville at Cleveland 1:00 PM: I am so torn on this. On one hand the Browns suck, but on the other Leftwich is out and I'm not 100% sold on David Garrard. Also, I've thought the Jags would find some way to lose 1 of the 3 road jobber games of late and this would be the one. So I guess I'll go Browns by 3 with serious reservation.

Minnesota at Detroit 1:00 PM: The Good Ship Viking keeps cruising with an assbeating of helpless Detroit. Vikes by 10.

Dallas at NY Giants 1:00 PM: This one is huge. Surely the Giants can't keep making these great comebacks only to fall short. NYG by 7 in a very good game.

Tampa Bay at New Orleans 1:00 PM: I'll go with Junior Simms here by about 10.

Buffalo at Miami 1:00 PM: What a jobber matchup here. Miami has quit trying to win (right Saban?) so I'll take the Bills by 7.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM: In these games you have to ask yourself who needs it most? The answer is of course the Steelers, coming off 2 straight losses and they can't afford a 3rd straight at home.

Atlanta at Carolina 1:00 PM: Carolina doesn't really amaze me, but this one is pretty tough to call. I'll go with the Falcons by 3 just to make the NFC South interesting. Vick seems to have Carolina's number like TB has his.

Houston at Baltimore 1:00 PM: Winners: the fans! God I dunno, I guess Baltimore by about 6 in an ugly 12-6 type game.

Arizona at San Francisco 4:05 PM: Oh God. Another shit game. I'll take the 49ers by 3 in OT since they always beat the Cardinals.

Washington at St. Louis 4:05 PM: Ryan Fitzpatrick baby. Redskins might be done, so I'll take the Rams here at home by 7.

NY Jets at New England 4:15 PM: Ah, back to playing jobbers for the Pats. NE by about 6 in their usual boring fashion.

Denver at Kansas City 4:15 PM: Denver soooo needs to lose to someone like RIGHT NOW, and it'll be here. KC by 10.

Oakland at San Diego 8:30 PM: Easy pick here, SD by 21 in an assbeating.

MON, DEC 5

Seattle at Philadelphia 9:00 PM: Seattle is really, really not all that good. It's hard to take Mike McMahon in an upset, but what the hell. Eagles by 3.

Guest Leelee

Miami should crush Buffalo. They're a better team. Miami would have won the earlier game in Buffalo if they didn't completely throw it away with 30 penalties, and silly turnovers.

And, this matchup of 4-7 scrub teams actually is important this week... gets you 2nd place in the division, then hope bad stuff happens to the Pats.

Guest Leelee

A crappy 100 yard, 2 INT game will still win.

Just don't have like 6 turnovers, and they win.

I'll really go out on a limb, and say Buffalo won't score a TD.

Like I said in the Week 12 thread: If the Jets QB (name escapes me) throws for 300+, the secondary might as well just retire en masse, because they can't stop anyone.

Like I said in the Week 12 thread: If the Jets QB (name escapes me) throws for 300+, the secondary might as well just retire en masse, because they can't stop anyone.

I guess it's Brooks Bollinger this week. I have a hard time keeping up myself.

Guest Leelee

I think he got injured last week.

Maybe Kliff Kingsbury plays again.

He did throw for 600 yards every week at Texas Tech!

HE'LL DO IT FOR THE BIG TWELVE AND ALL THE OU FANS THAT HE LOVES~!

Redskins @ Rams.......lets see Rookie QB against decent Defense.

Happy Scenario = Fitz can't handle the blitz packages by the Skins, and they pull away in the second half, winning 28-13

Reminding me I am a Redskins Fan Scenario = Redskins Defense Dominates for 3 and a half Quarters, but their offense has left the game in the hands of the Ram's Offense.....tied at 14 a piece with a minute left......Steven Jackson breaks a 45 yd run with 45 seconds left, and the Rams come back again, and the Skins lose another 4th quarter lead.

Redskins @ Rams.......lets see Rookie QB against decent Defense. 

Happy Scenario = Fitz can't handle the blitz packages by the Skins, and they pull away in the second half, winning 28-13

Reminding me I am a Redskins Fan Scenario = Redskins Defense Dominates for 3 and a half Quarters, but their offense has left the game in the hands of the Ram's Offense.....tied at 14 a piece with a minute left......Steven Jackson breaks a 45 yd run with 45 seconds left, and the Rams come back again, and the Skins lose another 4th quarter lead.

For a second when you said rookie QB, I thought you meant Jason Campbell and wondered when they announced the QB change. Then I realized the Rams had a rookie QB. Damn you raising my hopes.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The Bears are going to wipe the floor with Green Bay. This defense is confident and salty, and they're not going to overlook the rivalry even if the Packers suck ass this season.

Can't wait to see the Cowboys and Giants, reminds me of the "good old days".. an extremely meaningful NFC East game in December in New York.

Julius Jones needs to pull his head out of his ass and have a big game.

The Bears are going to wipe the floor with Green Bay. This defense is confident and salty, and they're not going to overlook the rivalry even if the Packers suck ass this season.

I wouldn't go so far just yet...Kyle Orton is due to royally fuck up sooner or later...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

He already had that game against the Bengals. Guy's in a unfuckingup rhythm, and Green Bay's defense is pretty non-threatening.

Besides, their offense is based on running the ball and running the ball.

Tennessee at Indianapolis 1:00 PM - I can't see Indy losing this

Green Bay at Chicago 1:00 PM - I'm going to predict a Packers upset here

Jacksonville at Cleveland 1:00 PM - Jags (glad to see you finally pick against them though cabbage)

Minnesota at Detroit 1:00 PM - Lions rally around new coach and win?

Dallas at NY Giants 1:00 PM - Giants in the Game O The Week

Tampa Bay at New Orleans 1:00 PM - Bucs crush my hapless Saints

Buffalo at Miami 1:00 PM - since it is in Miami I'm taking them

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM - Steelers are fading and the Bengals really need this to build some sort of confidence that they are for real and can actually beat someone that matters. So I'm going to take the Bengals

Atlanta at Carolina 1:00 PM - Atlanta has owned Carolina so I think the Panthers will play hard to exercise that demon. Panthers with the win

Houston at Baltimore 1:00 PM - Houston has to win another game sometime right, so why not here?

Arizona at San Francisco 4:05 PM - 9ers just cuz

Washington at St. Louis 4:05 PM - Skins will win this

NY Jets at New England 4:15 PM - Pats should take this

Denver at Kansas City 4:15 PM - I think this game is equally important for both teams. Chiefs are goodish, but Denver is too much for them. Denver wins

Oakland at San Diego 8:30 PM - Chargers

MON, DEC 5

Seattle at Philadelphia 9:00 PM - I think this is the toughest pick of the week for me. I'm going to say Seattle wins I guess

Guest Vitamin X

Interestingly enough, the Bears haven't beat the Packers at Soldier Field since 1993. Lots of streaks have been going down this year, including the Packers' streak of non-losing seasons which began that same year. History will tie itself up nicely, but even though Chicago's defense is tough, don't underestimate Green Bay's 9th ranked defense, either. If they can get anything going on offense (unlikely against the `05 Monsters of the Midway), it could turn out to be an upset.

I really have to get a screencap here, but it looks as if Jeff Garcia has aged 40 years since he left San Francisco.

Good god.

EDIT: untitled.jpg

Yeah I finally picked against the Jags. It might sound cliche, but I think they might have a tough transition week to Garrard with Leftwich being hurt. I'm thinking they'll lose a close, tough decision to the Browns, then next week the Colts will edge them.

I can't believe that Denver is some sort of juggernaut, which is why I have the Chiefs in that game. I'm still predicting the Broncos to go in the tank late in the season and finish about 11-5.

If the Packers were smart, they close up shop and test Rodgers. They have nothing to gain from trying to win from now to the end of the season. Yeah bragging rights is nice and all, but it'd cost a high position in the draft.

If the playoffs started today:

1. Colts 11 0

2. Broncos 9 2

3. Bengals 8 3

4. Patriots 6 5

5. Jaguars 8 3

6. Steelers 7 4

7. Chargers 7 4

8. Chiefs 7 4

1. Seahawks 9 2

2. Bears 8 3

3. Panthers 8 3

4. Cowboys 7 4

5. Giants 7 4

6. Bucs 7 4

7. Falcons 7 4

8. Vikings 6 5

NFC Scenarios

• Cowboys would be NFC East champion based on head-to-head win over the Giants.

• Bears would be No. 2 seed in NFC based on head-to-head win over the Panthers.

• Giants would be No. 5 seed based on better conference record than the Bucs.

• Bucs would be No. 6 seed based on head-to-head win over the Falcons.

AFC scenarios

• Steelers would be No. 6 seed in AFC based on head-to-head win over the Chargers.

AFC

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals

Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots

First-round byes: Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos

NFC

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers

First-round byes: Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Bears

Guest Vitamin X

WTF? Three same-divisional matchups in the same round? Lame. Hope it doesn't stay that way or get worse.

Also, while it'd be practically impossible, according to the NFL, the Packers, even sitting at 2-9, aren't mathematically eliminated yet. That'll happen this week though, I'm sure.