TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Foshi

Armageddon Predictions

Am I the only one who wants Sharmell to be crossfaced?

You're not the only one that wants to see it happen. :headbang:

with the way the whole Orton/UT fued has been going ever since Summerslam, if Orton loses at Armageddon, it's curtains for that dude, no one will ever take him as a serious contender anymore...if they want him to be a credible threat to Batista at WM, if that's still the plan, he HAS to go over UT, period.

Follow that up next week with Randy RKOing his dad for extra measure.

I think it's too late. Orton has been booked like a bitch throughout this whole thing. If he won now it would just be too cheap and unbelievable, no matter who ran in.

I wish they would allow a heel to get something on the Undertaker just once. Most heels piss their pants the minute his music hits. Those feuds don't exactly leave much mystery.

oh I have a feeling they'll do a cheap cop out and say Orton "pretended" to be scared to gain the psychological edge on UT or something lame like that. How can they build Orton as a legitimate contender when he pisses his pants in regards to UT for a month and then, on top of that, gets killed in the Cell? he'll be a total chump...

So far from what's been predicted for the card, its already starting to look better than last year's Armageddon.

Let's have a look at HIAC matches from the last couple of years...

1997: Taker vs HBK

1998: Taker vs Foley

1999: Taker vs Bossman

2000: HHH vs Foley, Angle vs Rock vs HHH vs Rikishi vs Austin vs Taker

2002: HHH vs Jericho, Taker vs Brock

2003: HHH vs Nash

2004: HHH vs HBK

2005: HHH vs Batista, Taker vs Orton

Notice a little pattern here? They might as well call it the HHH/Taker Invitational Cage match from now on.

Guest DuDe
I wish they would allow a heel to get something on the Undertaker just once. Most heels piss their pants the minute his music hits. Those feuds don't exactly leave much mystery.

Weren't Mankind and Stone Cold heels when they feuded with Taker?

Stone Cold didn't feud with Taker until 1998, and that was when Austin was the top face in WWE.

Guest DuDe

Stone Cold didn't feud with Taker until 1998, and that was when Austin was the top face in WWE.

Fair enough, how about Mankind then? I'm fairly positive he was a heel when they had their boiler room brawl.

With all that said, Stone Cold was never a typical baby face, he was always a tweener.

Didn't Kane and Mankind have a HIAC match on Raw in 1998? Then again, there have still been very few HIAC matches not involving HHH or The Undertaker in them.

The match never officially started.

didn't Austin face UT for the title on a PPV in 97 before he was officially a face?

Yeah, that wasn't a full-blown feud per se. I think it was more Taker was champ and Austin was #1 contender. Austin was primarily feuding with Bret. And Austin also lost that match anyway. I think the Mankind argument holds up though.

Also, it may be sacrilege to mention the name, but Giant Gonzalez made Taker pass out at Wrestlemania 9. :throwup:

- Juventud vs. Kid Kash for the WWE Cruiserweight Title and William Regal & Paul Birchill vs. Bobby Lashley have been added to the WWE Armageddon card. [WrestlingObserver.com]

I still say they'll add a Boogeyman match for good measure. ;)

- Juventud vs. Kid Kash for the WWE Cruiserweight Title and William Regal & Paul Birchill vs. Bobby Lashley have been added to the WWE Armageddon card. [WrestlingObserver.com]

I still say they'll add a Boogeyman match for good measure. ;)

I hope Kash wins the Cruiserweight Title, but why kill the credibility oneof their few tag teams to put over Lashley?

I hope Kash wins the Cruiserweight Title, but why kill the credibility oneof their few tag teams to put over Lashley?

WWE logic :rolleyes:

Let's see, Bears/Falcons or seeing what could be on the worst Hell In A Cell Matches that I've ever seen (never saw WM 15 or KFH.) I gotta go with Bears/Falcons, but it only won out by a little. Honestly, I came close to ordering this until Vick got hurt. I want see Vick get killed in the cold.

they should just add Boogeyman as Lashley's partner last minute to soften the blow of a Burchill/Regal loss. Like have Boogeyman come out as the match is starting.

You know Boogeyman will show up at some point on the show, but I don't know what low card heel they could feed to him right now... most of Smackdown's roster are faces, midcard heels not on the show already are Doug Basham (not ever on TV), Ken Kennedy (injured), Simon Dean (already lost to him), Orlando Jordan (if on card, likely to face JBL who is not on the card) and Sylvian (I think they are pushing him). I am not sure if Stevie is heel or face and last I knew Nunzio and Vito were faces... I would guess Sylvian if anyone, but that still doesn't seem likely.

Edited by LivingLegendGaryColeman

they should just add Boogeyman as Lashley's partner last minute to soften the blow of a Burchill/Regal loss. Like have Boogeyman come out as the match is starting.

You know Boogeyman will show up at some point on the show, but I don't know what low card heel they could feed to him right now... most of Smackdown's roster are faces, midcard heels not on the show already are Doug Basham (not ever on TV), Ken Kennedy (injured), Simon Dean (already lost to him), Orlando Jordan (if on card, likely to face JBL who is not on the card) and Sylvian (I think they are pushing him). I am not sure if Stevie is heel or face and last I knew Nunzio and Vito were faces... I would guess Sylvian if anyone, but that still doesn't seem likely.

Well they had Sylvan getting grossed out and complaining about Boogeyman after his squash tonight v. Nunzio. So I bet that'll be on the ppv too.

Guest Leelee

Randy Orton vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match)

- Orton. Clean. With more than 60% of the offense.

Some other matches

- Don't care.

Guest croweater

WOW, what a nothing PPV. It's either completely obvious who's going to win, or inconcequential.

the only way this would be worth it is if Orton blades and works like a mother fucker. This is probably a match that will make or brake Orton.

Match predictions:

Orton vs. Taker (HIAC)

Orton must win. He's also really going to need to work his socks off in this match in order to give him some impetus going into the WM run.

Batista/Rey vs. Kane/Show

Batista/Rey to win, otherwise the top of the card has too many heels going over. Plus Batista needs some revenge.

MNM vs. Mexicools

Now that it's non-title, I see MNM winning. Mexicools vs. Batista/Rey would be kind of odd.

Booker vs. Benoit

Benoit, obviously.

Lashley vs. Burchill/Regal

Lashley, also obviously.

JBL vs. Hardy

Hardy needs to quit and go to TNA/ROH now his schtick with Edge is finished. JBL wins.

Kash vs. Juvi

Kash seems to be getting a mild push...but I still think Juvi will retain.

The quality of the HIAC will really make or break this show, cause everything else looks likely to be decent but nothing more.

Guest JMA
Let's have a look at HIAC matches from the last couple of years...

1997: Taker vs HBK

HBK won that match.

Guest JMA

I'm not ordering this either, but I'll give my predictions.

Orton vs. Taker (HIAC): Orton goes over after getting beat up the entire match.

Batista/Rey vs. Kane/Show: Why is this match on here again? Anyway, Batista and Rey win.

MNM vs. Mexicools: MNM goes over.

Booker vs. Benoit: Since we're not even sure if Benoit is staying at this point, I'll say Booker.

Lashley vs. Burchill/Regal: Lashley wins easily.

JBL vs. Hardy: I'll make a bold prediction and say that Hardy wins due to OJ's interference backfiring.

Kash vs. Juvi: This match is surprising. I'll say Juvi.

Guest DuDe

So anyone mind telling me what exactly is the point of the Mexicools-MNM match, when it's not a Tag Team Championship match anymore? Now it's just a fill up match, just like Lashley-Regal&Burchill match (yay, another Black Lesnar squash :rolleyes: ).