TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

OAO Royal Rumble Thread Jan/29th/06

poor Booker, he just doesn't seem to have the best showings at Royal Rumbles. He gets a couple eliminations but he just doesn't last worth a shit...with his injury, that won't change.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
The more Vince freaks out, the more likely we'll see Undertaker win it.

Could be worse.

Well if the rumors are true of 'Taker-Angle at No Way Out, then I doubt he's winning the RR. I just don't see Orton winning it, despite what some rumors may say. And if it's true that they haven't decided on a plan yet, then I see Orton's chances decreasing even more because I think if they made a quick panic decision on who's going to win, there's more than a few guys they'd go with over Orton. I think the winner will come from RAW, just because it has the last two years, and RAW is clearly the #1 show in Vince's eyes, so I'm cancelling out everyone on Smackdown.

So the winner of the Edge/Cena match should be pretty telling, if Edge wins I highly doubt HHH wins the RR. If Cena wins HHH probably wins the Rumble. For some strange reason I still think RVD has a shot though.

From the latest F4W:

We don’t have a lot of info for obvious reasons, but Kurt Angle may have been injured badly in a match with Mark Henry. Well, he was definitely injured, we just don’t know the severity. The rumor was that it was bad enough that a normal person would likely have to vacate the title. Of course, this is Kurt Angle, so not only will he not allow himself to be checked out, but with his mindset he tries his damndest not to even sell that there is a problem. Enough is known that he was moved into tags later in the tour. It doesn’t help that he was just given the World Title, which he has been wanting forever and has zero desire to lose. The word internally is that he’s pushing himself way too hard, doing a lot of crazy stuff, and it is such that even slowing down his pace significantly (which isn’t happening) probably wouldn’t be enough. When you consider the number of recent injuries and the fact that Edge with a torn pec was made World Champion and Big Dave with a torn lat was allowed to keep working until he ended up tearing his triceps, it seems that the chances of Vince McMahon stepping in and doing something about this latest problem are slim to none. It’s really bad in the case of Angle, because here is a guy that has built a life on disobeying doctor’s orders. Had he listened to a doctor, he wouldn’t be an Olympic gold medalist; he wouldn’t have headlined WrestleMania against Brock Lesnar; he wouldn’t even be WWE Champion today. Worse, he used to have a family to go home to, but now, with the divorce, all he has is the wrestling business, making it that much more of an obsession. It’s a terribly sad story when you consider what seems to be the inevitability.

Guest wildpegasus
From the latest F4W:

We don’t have a lot of info for obvious reasons, but Kurt Angle may have been injured badly in a match with Mark Henry. Well, he was definitely injured, we just don’t know the severity. The rumor was that it was bad enough that a normal person would likely have to vacate the title. Of course, this is Kurt Angle, so not only will he not allow himself to be checked out, but with his mindset he tries his damndest not to even sell that there is a problem. Enough is known that he was moved into tags later in the tour. It doesn’t help that he was just given the World Title, which he has been wanting forever and has zero desire to lose. The word internally is that he’s pushing himself way too hard, doing a lot of crazy stuff, and it is such that even slowing down his pace significantly (which isn’t happening) probably wouldn’t be enough. When you consider the number of recent injuries and the fact that Edge with a torn pec was made World Champion and Big Dave with a torn lat was allowed to keep working until he ended up tearing his triceps, it seems that the chances of Vince McMahon stepping in and doing something about this latest problem are slim to none. It’s really bad in the case of Angle, because here is a guy that has built a life on disobeying doctor’s orders. Had he listened to a doctor, he wouldn’t be an Olympic gold medalist; he wouldn’t have headlined WrestleMania against Brock Lesnar; he wouldn’t even be WWE Champion today. Worse, he used to have a family to go home to, but now, with the divorce, all he has is the wrestling business, making it that much more of an obsession. It’s a terribly sad story when you consider what seems to be the inevitability.

If anyone hears more about this please post it here. Thanks.

Does it mention if this is the match where he nearly crushed Kurt's face on that dangerous looking German? I don't know why people are assuming it was Henry's fault, because if that was the move it looked more like Angle didn't do it properly.

Guest Rrrsh
Does it mention if this is the match where he nearly crushed Kurt's face on that dangerous looking German? I don't know why people are assuming it was Henry's fault, because if that was the move it looked more like Angle didn't do it properly.

Germans are like Body Slams, anyone should be able to take one. It all on the taker to jump, and fatass is known for not jumping.

They have no plans for the Rumble or WrestleMania? Another World Champion is hurt, maybe seriously? I love this chaos behind the scenes. They should record the booking meetings and put that on USA Tuesdays or something.

Germans are like Body Slams, anyone should be able to take one. It all on the taker to jump, and fatass is known for not jumping.

Henry didn't look like he knew the German was coming. It looked like they were going to tease the spot because Angle's grip looked like it slipped to me. I'm inclined to believe it was Mark's fault, but as was said earlier attempting a simple bump for a 200 pounder becomes a whole different ball game when the guy taking the move is 400 pounds, and the one delivering it is basically being held together with gum and duct tape.

Henry didn't look like he knew the German was coming. It looked like they were going to tease the spot because Angle's grip looked like it slipped to me. I'm inclined to believe it was Mark's fault, but as was said earlier attempting a simple bump for a 200 pounder becomes a whole different ball game when the guy taking the move is 400 pounds, and the one delivering it is basically being held together with gum and duct tape.

Shyeah....like Kurt Angle uses duct tape....

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

On Smackdown: "Royal Rumble Qualifying Match": The Mexicools .VS. The Dicks .VS. Nunzio & Vito.

So that takes up two spots for Smackdown, leaving the last spot for Undertaker.

Two spots left on Raw with nobody really to fill them. I'm guessing those two spots are going to be surprise entries, like Foley/Haas/3 Minute Warning, etc.

Guest Tuxedo Mask

WWE.com's Academy of Wrestling Science has kayfabed odds up for all the announced guys. Matt Hardy's was probably my favourite:

"Matt Hardy may not die, but look for a quick exit in this one" or something similar.

They also note that Orlando Jordan could go either way, so I guess that's the first official mention of that upcoming gimmick.

I think the winner will come from RAW, just because it has the last two years, and RAW is clearly the #1 show in Vince's eyes, so I'm cancelling out everyone on Smackdown.

In Vince's eyes, it may be the # 1 show, but that doesn't stop them from booking Smackdown over Raw. Of course, there was the 2003 & 2004 (despite show jump) Rumble wins for SD, but then there was SD's 3-0 showing against Raw at WM 21, and a win over Team Raw at both Taboo Tuesday and Survivor Series. Yeah, they lost at Armageddon, but who remembers that?

I'm picking Mysterio to take it, if only because he doesn't have anything going on right now. Taker's an outside shot, but the other big possibilities, HHH & Orton, both have feuds going in, which usually prevents one from winning. Angle vs. Mysterio could make sense at WM.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
A Smackdown! wrestler won in 2004, actually.

there was the 2003 & 2004 (despite show jump)

WWE.com's Academy of Wrestling Science has kayfabed odds up for all the announced guys. Matt Hardy's was probably my favourite:

"Matt Hardy may not die, but look for a quick exit in this one" or something similar.

They also note that Orlando Jordan could go either way, so I guess that's the first official mention of that upcoming gimmick.

I know that Benoit isn't particularly being pushed to win at all, but they could at least give him better odds than HHH, considering that Benoit won the second-to-last Rumble and HHH has done shit-all recently. He came out to interfere in somebody else's match and got cut off, at least Benoit's losses have been because of DQ and whatever.

The odds, which are for entertainment purposes only, are based on all things being equal, meaning it is unclear what numbers the Superstars will draw for the Royal Rumble. That will all change, however, this Sunday when, for the first time ever, WWE.com will have video of the Superstars picking their Rumble entry numbers starting at 3:30 p.m. ET.

Why would they spoil the best part of the Royal Rumble match?

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I know that Benoit isn't particularly being pushed to win at all, but they could at least give him better odds than HHH, considering that Benoit won the second-to-last Rumble and HHH has done shit-all recently. He came out to interfere in somebody else's match and got cut off, at least Benoit's losses have been because of DQ and whatever.

:lol: :lol:

The odds, which are for entertainment purposes only, are based on all things being equal, meaning it is unclear what numbers the Superstars will draw for the Royal Rumble. That will all change, however, this Sunday when, for the first time ever, WWE.com will have video of the Superstars picking their Rumble entry numbers starting at 3:30 p.m. ET.

Why would they spoil the best part of the Royal Rumble match?

I just don't see how they can show us 30 guys picking numbers, and manage to keep it interesting. Plus that's four hours before the show starts.