TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24: Season 5

I say fuck it and kill Jack too at the end of the day

If the show's creators decided to end it after this Season, can't say they wouldn't have gone out on top.

I'm thinking that bitch who is coming to run CTU is Bill's ex-wife.

Also, I don't think Tony is dead, but if he is, it is one of the stupidest, most pointless deaths in the history of the series.

Not really pointless, with Michelle dead his life pretty much is over (more importantly his character's arc)

But Kim Bauer is the fucking cockroach of 24

Right now, I'm going to say that Henderson is the villain this season. No if ands or buts about it as far as I'm concerned. Bierko is really only around to say 2-3 lines an episode and stalk around his bunker. I really hope Henderson lasts us all day, because now, it is SO personal.

Not pointless, I worded that wrong. I just find it hard to accept that he survives two nukes, and a virus and dies on something like that.

Edit: Edgar gets the silent countdown and he doesn't? I don't think so. He's not dead.

It's so fucking brutal. I can't stand it, but I love it. It is absolutely the daring kind of change this show needed to stay out of a formula. Even if it is gradually becoming the most utterly heart-stomping, soul-crushing hour of television each week.

Peope DIE on this show

That's what makes it and The Sopranos so cool

LOST needs more deaths...The Others should throw Michaels's decapitated head into the camp, that'd fuck everyone up!

Anyone want to hear Henderson say at some point "Dead or alive, you're coming with me"

Jack Bauer vs Robocop

Part of me wants Tony to be dead, because that would just make Henderson even more of a total badass, and it will make Jack's inevitable victory over him that much sweeter.

The other part of me wants Tony to be alive because... he's Tony fucking Almeida, god damn it!

At this rate, Chloe is going to be the only survivor.

This season is killing me.

EDIT: Also... woman Henderson was talking to before he attempted to bomb Jack = woman Bierko was talking to?

Edited by chirs3

OK, two things pissed me off tonight.

1) Jack shouldn't be hugging Tony while the fucking terrorist runs off. That just pissed me off royally. He's Mr. Practical, always gets the job done, no matter what. I can't believe he didn't chase down Henderson. And stupid fucking Tony should have said something about it. I mean Henderson could have easily plugged Jack in the back of the head while Tony's whining about Michelle.

2) In the preview, we have fucking Desmond from Lost as a terrorist. Can't 24 just cast unknowns anymore? Why does everyone have to be instantly recognizable to the audience. Maybe after Logan's out, they can cast Bill Clinton as the next president.

Oh, and Tony's not dead. He's just going to go into a coma for another three or four hours until he becomes useful again.

1) Jack shouldn't be hugging Tony while the fucking terrorist runs off. That just pissed me off royally. He's Mr. Practical, always gets the job done, no matter what. I can't believe he didn't chase down Henderson. And stupid fucking Tony should have said something about it. I mean Henderson could have easily plugged Jack in the back of the head while Tony's whining about Michelle.

2) In the preview, we have fucking Desmond from Lost as a terrorist. Can't 24 just cast unknowns anymore? Why does everyone have to be instantly recognizable to the audience. Maybe after Logan's out, they can cast Bill Clinton as the next president.

Oh, and Tony's not dead. He's just going to go into a coma for another three or four hours until he becomes useful again.

The filming of 24 probably happened long before the appearence of Desmond in Lost since 24 films all their episodes in a way that they can show them without taking any breaks like Lost does.

It's awfully hard to cast unknowns all the time when very good actors have appeared in other memorable roles on other shows and movies.

I thought it was perfect that he was hugging Tony tonight. Tonight Jack was brought the lowest he's been since the season 3 finale, when he broke down crying after saving the day. Until Tony's demise, the most upsetting thing in the episode wasn't Lynn and Redshirt Guy dying terribly; it was Audrey asking Jack, "You all right?", and him responding, "No." Jack Baue tacitly acknowledged that he's not all right. He doesn't do that. Kim, the most important person in the world to him, the reason he does everything he does, doesn't want him in her life, at all. He isn't all right.

And then, the person who's been his closest ally and friend gets offed. I can absolutely see why, for 30 seconds, Tony was more important than the only lead they have.

I dont believe Tony was dead, I mean Tony was just gonna inject with that stuff to kill Henderson off and it would have killed Henderson because he's already be injected with another stuff to begin with.

While Tony hasnt so he should be fine....hopefully. If he is dead, I will be MAJORLY disappointed that he didn't get the silent tick.

I think unless they open the show right away with Tony being revived, there was just about as strong of a point made there as possible that he died and Jack was going insane because of it. But it could just as well be a swerve for next week, as I think they did this with Tony being shot down at a mall in season 3. But I do have to say - Tony being killed kind of makes sense with the story going the way it has.

Guest OSIcon

Great episode. Definitely my favorite one of the season.

Like everyone else, I want Tony to be alive but if he is dead, that works well for the story. I agree that the most heartbreaking moment in this particular episode was Audrey asking Jack if he is alright and Jack answering "No". The way he said it was perfect. Jack Bauer has been through so much that when he admits he isn't alright, it carries so much weight. If Tony is dead, that just adds even more reason for Jack to be down.

Whether or not the writers are writing this season in such a way, it does have the feeling of being the last season. If Tony is dead, they have killed off four characters that have appeared in multiple seasons, plus a main character from this season (Lynn). Not to mention that with Kim not wanting anything to do with Jack, it sure seems like they are setting it up so Jack has "nothing left". It would still shock me if they kill Jack off, but I can see it happening now.

Was that girl not Mandy? I think it was.

And Tony is so dead. Jack is going to go insane from here on out - and it's going to be fantastic.

Was that girl not Mandy? I think it was.

And Tony is so dead. Jack is going to go insane from here on out - and it's going to be fantastic.

No that wasnt Mandy I dont believe. They just did a brief tease of her, am curious where her connection is in all of this.

Good points all. I believe Jack Bauer is at the breaking point.

We may see Jack go through a nervous breakdown, or he may very well undergo some temporary murderous psychosis.

In which case, I hope he pulls out the 450° Splash on Henderson.