TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SWF Lockdown Card - 06/02/22

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...
SWF LOCKDOWN!
Live, WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd from the SOLD OUT XCEL ENERGY CENTER in ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA!
(7pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)

The SWF comes to Minnesota, doncha' know! After an entertaining but largely subdued Storm, we prepare to heat things up for Lockdown! Well, maybe. The Lethal Lottery remains the dominant factor in SWF booking, and three more matches are scheduled to happen! Outside of that, fresh blood fills up the singles matches, as an exciting main event and Cruiserweight title match look to add a bit of flash and panache to the show! Outside of that, with El Luchadore Magnifico and Wes Davenport given the show off, is this the show where we finally see a confrontation between the world champ and the number one contender? And what of the SHOCKING development that has put former SWF champion and all around terror Janus at the helm of SWF security?

OPENING PROMO: Janus

MAIN EVENT
CAGE MATCH
Landon Maddix vs Michael Cross

->Raynor said I should book Landon Maddix. So, goddamn it, here's Landon Maddix! After his tag team partner Max King faced, and lost, to the world champion on Storm, King now gets his opportunity to main event, hopefully with better results. He faces off against youngster Michael Cross, who gets his first opportunity to bask in the spotlight at the top an SWF program. And what better to accentuate the light than 15 feet high walls of gleaming steel?
Rules: Standard escape-match cage rules. The magic door is not in operation, 'cause that's stupid. Cage design is up to you (either WWF steel bars or WCW chain-link mesh)
Word Limit: 5500
Send To: realitycheck

LETHAL LOTTERY (Pool C)
TAG TEAM MATCH
Bruce Blank & Amy Stephens (1-0) vs Kevin Coyote & Insane Luchador (0-0)

->Sweet sassy molassey, hide the women and children. And the liquor. After a... unique... display which served only to incite Andrew Rickmen, the Ultraviolent champion is going to have to face the Insane Luchador for REALZ this time, or at the very least have his partner do some of the dirty work. And what of Kevin Coyote and LDP? With all the stuff that's happened between these four in the last couple of shows, INTRIGUE abounds for this one.
Rules: Standard tag team match. Remember the tag ropes!
Word Limit: 4500
Send To: Evolution

CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE BOUT
SINGLES MATCH
Zyon© vs "The Divine Wind" Akira Kaibatsu

->The Zyon and Spike Jenkins relationship seems to be teetering closer to the brink of destruction with each show that goes by. Spike seems rather adament that despite this, he and Zyon (but mostly him) will win the Lethal Lottery, and then take Zyon's CW belt. While that no doubt weighs heavy on the mind of the Unique Youth, Spike's plans may hit a small hitch if Akira Kaibatsu takes the title off of Zyon first...
Rules: Cruiserweight rules, baybee.
Send To: Justice

LETHAL LOTTERY BOUT (Pool A)
TAG TEAM MATCH
The Crimson Skull & Jason von Dierch (0-2) vs Stryke & Wildchild(0-0)

->Despite the Crimson Skull's pleasure (and rather misplaced faith in his assistant) in getting something that's almost like title contendership sorta, he and partner Jason von Dierch have floundered so far in the Lethal Lottery. Stryke and Wildchild, two of the other teams late out of the gate in the tourney, finally get things started against them here, in what will be Skull and von Dierch's last match of the tourney. Wildchild is one of the most accomplished tag wrestlers of all time, but with a new partner and his mind elsewhere on Jay Hawke, is it possible for Skull to get a win and try to keep himself alive in the tournament?
Rules: Standard tag match. Remember the tag ropes!
Send To: janusd

CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE CONTENDERSHIP
SINGLES MATCH
"Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs Laberinto

->Life is good if you're Hollywood. 2-0 with your partner in the Lethal Lottery and finally given another opportunity to win a shot at the SWF Cruiserweight belt. The only mitigating factor in this, besides the fact he could actually, y'know, lose to Laberinto, is that this would come at the expensive of his tag team partner, and possibly the Lethal Lottery as well. But hey, no harm, no foul if you're friends, right?
Rules: Cruiserweight rules.
Send To: chirs3

LETHAL LOTTERY BOUT (Pool D)
TAG TEAM MATCH
Archie Griffon & Jay Hawke (1-0) vs Jimmy the Doom & Manson (1-0)

->Griff and Hawke, despite being perhaps the most unlikely pairing in this entier tournament, worked together surprisingly well on Storm to get their first victory of the Lethal Lottery. Hawke made an interesting proposition to Archie: Put aside our difference and work towards getting WC out of the way, and then let Griff have what he came back for. The wacky tag partners who hate each other continue their march with a match against Manson and Jimmy the Doom, fresh off a loss against some fresh fish.
Rules: Standard tag match. Remember the tag ropes!
Send To: The Superstar

OPENING BOUT
SINGLES MATCH
Allan Hadrian vs Matt "The Cosplay Master" Myers

->Allan Hadrian, he's a new guy! Actually, I believe he's JJ, but... I... didn't read the show where he turned up. Uh. So here's a match against Matt Myers for all of us to get acquainted with!
Rules: Standard singles match. For information on Matt's gimmick, refer to one of the shows before the Clusterfuck.
Word Limit: 4000
Send To: Secret Agent

(Send all promos/marked matches to Justice)
Edited by realitycheck

After a... unique... display which served only to incite Bruce Blank, the "Insane Luchador" Andrew Rickman is going to have to face the Ultraviolent champion for REALZ this time, or at the very least have his partner do some of the dirty work.
Youz got the names in reverse since it was Bruce's plot to piss off IL (and not have to face him)

oh and then he did a number on IL backstage along with "the Dragon Man" ;)

and this will be EXPLOSIVE!!

Hmm... Sarah and I have a show off.

(Looks at her)

Looks like we have time to expand the story line, mayhaps?

Guest OKCoyote

Since we're in the habit of naming the teams now (BlAmy? KevAdore?) I nominate we now call the team of Fury & Sarah: Team ChrisMis.

Well, it's better than Team FArah, right?

Oh, they're not booked this week? Never mind.

Right. Coyote and IL, Bruce and Amy are now called 'Drunk & Disorderly', and we come out to 'Too Drunk To Fuck' by the Dead Kennedys. Beyond that it's the same as usual - Bruce will jaw with the fans, Amy has her beer and is a little more crowd-friendly.

Check my stats post for a few double-team moves etc.

Guest OKCoyote

Since we're on the subject, I should mention that Coyote's pretty reluctant about teaming with anybody at all (let alone a face) and will show some of that resistance in the match. It's something I'll also bring up in a promo, if I manage to get it written that is.

Oh, and look for a minor stats edit from me within the next hour or so.

EDIT: It's up.

Guest Evolution
Right. Coyote and IL, Bruce and Amy are now called 'Drunk & Disorderly', and we come out to 'Too Drunk To Fuck' by the Dead Kennedys. Beyond that it's the same as usual - Bruce will jaw with the fans, Amy has her beer and is a little more crowd-friendly.

Check my stats post for a few double-team moves etc.

Mmm...I love me some "Too Drunk to Fuck".

Is it in any way possible to extend the word limit on our tag-team match from 4500 to like 5000 - 5250 since there is quite a lot of back story and angle building and all crammed into this one match.

pwease?

*marks the fuck out for Dead Kennedys*

I was looking for a "Nazi Punks fuck off" shirt the other day, while sitting around in chat. Good stuff.

Note to all - after approval by those swinging hip cats Evolution, Insane Luchador and Kevin Coyote *thumbs up - cheap pop* the Bruce/Amy Vs Coyote/IL match now has a 5000 word limit

word!

Guest OKCoyote

I don't know which is worse - that I agreed to this, or that I am now a "swinging hip cat."

You know, I heard you can only hit those on a natural 20.

Guest The Satanic Angel

That is a fact, Kevin, but you do need a +3 weapon or better to even do any damage. Good luck.

I've been neglecting Wes a bit, so whenever Davenport's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Davenport"?

Well, one team and one GOdrea.

MANSON, COME OUT AND PLAAA-AAAY!

Seriously, dude, where are you?

Where in the world is Manson the Stampede?

Edit: I'm totally going to win the TLC by myself because I'm bad. But yo, don't get it twisted, not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning the shit, kid. And get that one straight, too, not the shit meaning the shit, but the shit meaning great, dude.

Lyrics stolen from MC Abdominal. Because he's good.

i thk im blind.
I could see this working in the SWF - every match is a "Blindfold match" :D

now if we can only blind William Hearford to introduce the gimmick... a Fireball perhaps?