TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

I love most Cash songs and especially Walk the Line, but I really liked the way he changed it last night. He was the only one that I felt really knew music enough to take a great song and make it his own.

I love most Cash songs and especially Walk the Line, but I really liked the way he changed it last night. He was the only one that I felt really knew music enough to take a great song and make it his own.

Yea I get what youre saying they I kinda agree.

But guys why are you arguing about marketability? As if this show is about selling records anymore, its clearly a ratings bonanza and thats all fox and AI cares about. the record sales are just a bonus.

anyhow Kevin sounded his best this week, but he or bucky needs to go now otherwise this show truly is a joke.

if kellie is acting dumb on purpose, she is the smartest one there.

Elliot wa sprobably best last night so I hope he doesnt go.

Please get rid of Bucky tonight .

I thought he was one of the worst but that probably has to do with my distaste for massive runs in the middle of songs.

I thought he was one of the worst but that probably has to do with my distaste for massive runs in the middle of songs.

I understand that. But I think El has one of the best voices so that sometimes wins me over more than performace. on performance, Chris and Kat took that

and some of those audience signs were so lame, they have to be plants, half the time it seems as if the audience is given signals to boo and cheer.

The audience is a bunch of sheep. I would say that I agree with Simon 97% of the time, but the audience boos because Randy and Pill-head are telling them too.

I've gotta believe the Fox Network gets a profit cut of at least the first album an AI winner drops...no? If so, they should definently care about the people they're churning out beyond just ratings.

The audience is a bunch of sheep. I would say that I agree with Simon 97% of the time, but the audience boos because Randy and Pill-head are telling them too.

Lushus brings the wrestling references to an AI thread:

I'm starting to think booing Simon is along the same line as the following:

-WHAT? chants

-YOU FUCKED UP chants

-HOLY SHIT! chants

-booing Cena (at least lately)

-LET'S GO WRESTLER A/LET'S GO WRESTLER B duel chants

i.e. let's boo him just because it's the cool/hip thing to do...too bad Simon is right pretty much everytime, crowd.

Guest Princess Leena

That's what's annoying. The one person's opinion who really DOES matter... and everyone talks over him, and treats him like a joke. I know he's there to play the heel role, but let the guy talk. AI definitely wouldn't be as popular as it is without Simon.

I understand that. But I think El has one of the best voices so that sometimes wins me over more than performace. on performance, Chris and Kat took that

No doubting the guy has a great voice, which is why I think he doesn't need to do runs. He was doing fine with the trills, I don't know why he messed with it.

You did hit the nail on the head when it comes to Elliott's weakness though - performance. After his performances I'm always thinking "he could have done better". He's always missing that little something that would take his performance from good to great. It's not a big thing in the "real world" of pop music (witness the ascension of James Blunt) but it could be fatal on Idol.

That's what's annoying. The one person's opinion who really DOES matter... and everyone talks over him, and treats him like a joke. I know he's there to play the heel role, but let the guy talk. AI definitely wouldn't be as popular as it is without Simon.

The thing is, Simon kind of encourages it, because in the end he's usually right, and it makes the "victory" that much sweeter...

Fat Mandesa better not win.

why not? because she's fat? She's a fantastic singer and performer...she is as deserving as anyone else...yes, even Katharine...Katharine is far more marketable than Mandesa, but she's not better.

I've always considered image as part of the contest. She's not pleasent to look at. Simon has even said she won't win because of it.

Guest Princess Leena

Image is definitely a big part, if not the biggest part of this contest. It's a popularity contest first... then, a singing contest.

Fantasia and Rueben are pleasant to look at???

Well, it was a choice between Fantasia or Whatshername.

As for Ruben, it's a double standard.

Keep in mind that Ruben's season was full of misfits when Clay Aiken and Kimberley Locke also made the top 3. Simon went out of his way to tell the audience to vote for the best singers that year because he knew there was no visually appealing superstar. Incidentally, the two biggest busts of the 4 winners have been the least attractive ones, at least according to the masses.

I wouldn't exactly call Fantasia and Ruben succesful Idols since I haven't heard anything from either since shortly after the contest.

I wouldn't exactly call Fantasia and Ruben succesful Idols since I haven't heard anything from either since shortly after the contest.

my point is, America isn't always looking at outside images when picking these things...Kelly and Carrie were clearly the best of their crop...it just so happens they were the prettiest as well. Remember, America DID put that goofy looking Justin Guarini in the finals, but hey, dude could sing.

America really starts to vote with what the judges say soon too. It takes a while, but if the judges start killing someone, they're usually in trouble.

my point is, America isn't always looking at outside images when picking these things...Kelly and Carrie were clearly the best of their crop...it just so happens they were the prettiest as well. Remember, America DID put that goofy looking Justin Guarini in the finals, but hey, dude could sing.

Oh I agree. I wouldn't be suprised at all if Mandesa wins. There is definetly a market out there that will vote for her. I think she'll be another bust if she wins though, which is why I don't want her to.

Without Simon the show wouldn't even still be on the air, I truely believe that.

Anyway, I'm shocked that Elliot is last on dialidol.com. He's not the best, but he's CERTAINLY not deserving to go home yet. Kevin and Bucky should be going the next two weeks.

Guest fanofcoils

Elliot or Lisa will go tonight based on dialidol.com. Lisa is in a 5% (or less) margin of error from Elliot making her eligible for being cut. Both Bucky and Kevin make it barely past the 5% margin of error, as they are slightly more than 10 points (or whatever it is called) ahead of Elliot.

Guest fanofcoils

Last season was the first one I watched and I saw Randy as the "lesser" judge or the one who "didn't count" but this season I definitely see it being Paula. It seems her role has been reduced but it may be because she is less "hot" this year, or she isn't saying as much, or for another reason possibly?

This season I think Simon has been right like 80% of the time not "99%".

Oh, goody, Paula is crying. Boo friggity hoo! Gods, she's so emo and Mary Sue and basically any other bad kind of female.

YES~! KEVIN! SEND HIS PREPUBESCENT ASS HOME!!! CUT HIS EGO OFF!!!!