TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Youtube Thread

My god, that is one incoherent promo.

All I could understand from the guy was AAAAAH DUUUUH DUUMM DEEEEEEH RAAAAARGH!

So this is the crap that put WCW on top of the wrestling world? I'm glad I missed the majority of the Dungeon of Doom crap. I gave up on wrestling in mid 1992 and didn't tune back in until late 1995.

- There is some pretty fun offense from Mordecai in that beatdown. I loved the high-angle Franchiser (actually made the move look deadly) and the clothesline of fucking death on Akio.

The end of Paul London vs Billy Kidman from Smackdown in 2004 - Nice gusher from Paul London. London falling backwards, between the bottom and middle ropes onto his HEAD is nice too. I wonder why there's no commentary though?

Oh, and Bradshaw's old music totally kicked ass.

Seconded. They need to recycle that for someone.

I also have to laugh at just what a blatant Stan Hansen knockoff Bradshaw was back then.

- There is some pretty fun offense from Mordecai in that beatdown. I loved the high-angle Franchiser (actually made the move look deadly) and the clothesline of fucking death on Akio.

The end of Paul London vs Billy Kidman from Smackdown in 2004 - Nice gusher from Paul London. London falling backwards, between the bottom and middle ropes onto his HEAD is nice too. I wonder why there's no commentary though?

Did that promo that Paul cut at the end ever make it on air? I wonder who it got out for someone to put in on YouTube if no...

Bret Hart rules.

Shame Mordecai had stage fright, he seemed pretty cool. I missed the time when Mordecai was on Smackdown!, was he any good? Did the smarks like him?

A lot of the people on this board didn't care for him too much, and passed him off as another faceless hoss. I found him to be pretty entertaining since he was good on the mic, and a decent wrestler. He had some unique offense, and brought back the Razor's Edge as his finisher. I would love to see him back.

Edit: I just watched that Stan Hansen video. I'm not very familiar with his work since I've only seen his early 90's US title feud with Lex Luger. However, with the exception of a couple of the clips, his lariat looks like it wouldn't hurt a fly. It was only when Kawada was bumping like a train hit him and the one guy that did a backflip that the move looked deadly. Aside from that, it appeared Hansen was lightly tapping them with his elbow joint.

You can HEAR the "WHACK" from the lariat in most of those in the video. Hansen killed people with that thing.

I've always heard it rumored that Kawada lost his front teeth from a mis-aligned Lariat from Hansen.

Just because most people didn't do 360's, or that Hansen didn't smack his leg to make it sound more lethal doesn't mean he wasn't stiffing the living bejesus out of people.

I think it was Tom Zenk, who told a story about wrestling Stan Hansen in Japan, and Hansen would blame his stiffness on his bad eyesight. Apparently, outside the ring, Hansen would wear huge coke bottle eye glasses.

Edit: I just watched that Stan Hansen video. I'm not very familiar with his work since I've only seen his early 90's US title feud with Lex Luger. However, with the exception of a couple of the clips, his lariat looks like it wouldn't hurt a fly. It was only when Kawada was bumping like a train hit him and the one guy that did a backflip that the move looked deadly. Aside from that, it appeared Hansen was lightly tapping them with his elbow joint.

So what's your idea of stiff then? When a guy hits his opponent so hard that it causes a brain aneurysm? The lariats in that video sure appear quite snug, I don't know what there is to complain about.

Guest wildpegasus
You can HEAR the "WHACK" from the lariat in most of those in the video. Hansen killed people with that thing.

I've always heard it rumored that Kawada lost his front teeth from a mis-aligned Lariat from Hansen.

Just because most people didn't do 360's, or that Hansen didn't smack his leg to make it sound more lethal doesn't mean he wasn't stiffing the living bejesus out of people.

Kawada didn't actually lose his teeth on a Hanson lariat. I have heard that it was Kawada executing a german suplex with a bridge. While being held in the bridge the wrestler came down on Kawada's face. You could actually see all the teeth in the ring afterwards.

Hanson's lariat looks totally believable especially against Kobashi!