TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Youtube Thread

Jericho: Man of a 1,004 holds

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XnrJ26hQc&mode=related&search=

I don't think anyone's gotten up from the Saskatchewan spinning nerve hold.

Thanks for posting this. I remember seeing this on Nitro back when I was in 6th grade and just dying laughing. That feud with Malenko is what I still remember Jericho the most for outside of his debut on RAW.

I was a Senior in HS, and the kids I sat with at lunch hated Jericho.Hell, he didn't get love from any of the wrestling fans in school. I remember thinking, these guys have no idea how briliant this guy is. How much better his character is than anyone in the WCW, and probably all of North American wrestling. Jericho was also the guy I wanted to see at when Nitro was in town. Things didn't work so I didn't get to go.

I was a sop at the time of this actually, but I was a big Jericho fan since he had come to WCW so I stayed a fan despite the heel turn. I actually made a "conspiracy victim" sign when he staretd doing that, and carried it around in the classroom on the day of a test (I still have the sign somewhere) I remember some dude actually had a monday jericho tshirt and I was jealous (hell he even had it on in the yearbook picture)

Best video I watched all day. It's a satellite feed of a very jobberific battle royal (With The Rock being the notable exception) that was aired on Shotgun in September 98. Since they overdub most of the commentary in later, it's just Michael Cole and Jim Cornette shooting the breeze and cracking jokes the whole time.

There are so many guys in there that I thought had been gone for months by that time (DOA, Los Boricuas, the guys from Kaientai that weren't Funaki and Taka). It's easily the least suspenseful battle royal I've ever watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UktFsrgSIzg...ted&search=

Part One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuQ0wd6-Pfc...ted&search=

Part Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng08IaoLQf4...ted&search=

Part Three

I loved Cornette's overreactions to the "action" (THAT'S BULLSHIT! Togo was just thrown out by Funaki!) and Cole's random reference to Chris "Conan" Walker

I think that instead of Cole it was actually Kevin Kelly. The audio made it hard for me to determine though.

i just watched it..it's Kevin Kelley, Michael Cole, and Jim Cornette

Guest korndogg123

Does anyone have Jake "The Snake" Roberts' heel turn angle? I'm referrin to where he was workin w/ the Ultimate Warrior on how to beat the Undertaker, only to swerve him in the end. Thanks!

Agreed. Now that to me is the Undertaker, not this watered down version we have on Smackdown.

It's funny how well liked that interpretation of the Undertaker is, when it was the shortest of his gimmicks, and one that I heard he himself didn't particularly care for.

This is the infamous spot where she broke her neck but continued to wrestle the match.

That was incredibly gutsy, but also incredibly stupid to keep wrestling.