TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

The only good takeout really close to my house is a japanese sushi/steakhouse. I usually get sushi once a week - but I have been getting tired of it so I figured I would go with a chicken tempura meal.

I should have just gone with the sushi... my stomach is killing me. But on the plus side I got one of the japanese side salads with that awesome ginger based dressing.

Yeah mane...

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Deep-fried oreo is a pass. had some at the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo and its not really that great. Deep fried cookie-dough is a win, however.

You know what's been pissing me off lately with fast food places?

Why the hell are they all putting up some kind of curb or other sort of barricade to fucking TRAP you in the drive through? Fuck you mother fuckers. If you take 15 goddamn minutes to make my fucking food, I have the fucking right to DRIVE AWAY. Seriously, it's fucking stupid as shit. I think Burger King is the only one to still not do that where I live. Everywhere else? YOU'RE FUCKED

Edit: Wow, that's a lot of fucks for something not really that important. Especially considering it's not like I just had an experience to piss me off on this subject or something.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The local Taco Bell has one of these, but it was built that way due more to the topography and the neighboring bank. Our Wendy's has a fuckin' racetrack around it, basically. Total freedom to loop around the store like a vulture, should one be so inclined.

On the subject of Taco Bell, I really enjoy their new value menu. Its threatening to steal the crown from Wendy's who has had the Best Value Menu title since as far back as I can remember.

I recommend Dallas BBQ (though Spanky's is supposed to be even better but I've never been). Good food for good prices.

I can now verify that to be completely untrue. Dallas BBQ for the win in both pricing and quality.

Skim milk isn't that bad to me. Sure, I'd rather have some 2%, but skim is alright if there's nothing else around.

I think it depends on the brand.

I accidentally grabbed some Cream O'Webber skim (I had a coupon, I don't usually buy C O'W... heh cow) because they use a different lid color than I'm used to, and it wasn't too bad.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't mind skim, and it's more versatile since it mixes better for cooking than the heavier stuff.

Guest Epic Narcissism

I moved the ice cream talk, since there shall be plenty of ice cream talk this summer, I feel.

Can we please stop using these threads everywhere?

Pringles inventor buried in Pringles can!!!

CINCINNATI - The man who designed the Pringles potato crisp packaging system was so proud of his accomplishment that a portion of his ashes has been buried in one of the iconic cans.

Fredric J. Baur, of Cincinnati, died May 4 at Vitas Hospice in Cincinnati, his family said. He was 89.

Baur's children said they honored his request to bury him in one of the cans by placing part of his cremated remains in a Pringles container in his grave in suburban Springfield Township. The rest of his remains were placed in an urn buried along with the can, with some placed in another urn and given to a grandson, said Baur's daughter, Linda Baur of Diamondhead, Miss.

Baur requested the burial arrangement because he was proud of his design of the Pringles container, a son, Lawrence Baur of Stevensville, Mich., said Monday.

Baur was an organic chemist and food storage technician who specialized in research and development and quality control for Cincinnati-based Procter & Gamble Co.

Baur filed for a patent for the tubular Pringles container and for the method of packaging the curved, stacked chips in the container in 1966, and it was granted in 1970, P&G archivist Ed Rider said.

Baur retired from P&G in the early 1980s.

Would there be enough interest between our loyal food folder bretheren to start a "I made this thread" that included posting a pic of whatever dish it is we just made? It would be similar to the recipe thread, except this time, after we make something, we snap a pic and attach it to our post.....

Guest Vitamin X

I would be cool, but I just did that over in the "What I ate today" thread.

I think we tried to get a personal recipe thing up and going, but it's a bit difficult with everyone's tastes here. I'd say go for it; I'm definitely good to go on it, what with my shitty cell phone camera and everything.

I have two comments to add to this thread. I was at Taco Bell last night and

A) the Grande meal is now TEN BUCKS? What the fuck, Taco Bell?!

B) The car in front of me ordered *$72* worth of food. Yes. Seventy-Two fucking dollars. At Taco Bell.

GODDAMN.

Guest Vitamin X

I thought the grande meal has always been around $10.

$72? If you have a party of like 50 people dude, getting like 7 grande meals and then maybe a baja blast for yourself could come out to that much. I've actually been to a couple house parties before where they had taco bell tacos, burritos, etc. as party hors d'oeuvres and then like a keg nearby. I could picture it coming out to that much.

Grande Meal was like, $7 for the longest time. Then It went up to $8 a few months ago. Now it just skipped right over $9 and went straight to $10.

Is the Grande Meal the thing with 5 Tacos, 5 Burritos, and your choice of either Nachos or a Mexican Pizza? If it is....(or similar to that) then it has always been $10 where I live....

And for the time being if I am going to taco bell, I am buying off the value menu. The Big taste taco and cheesy beefy melt are good enough for me.

Around here it's always been any combination of 10 of either hard shell tacos, soft shell tacos, or bean burritos. With the option to add the Nachos Bellgrande or Mexican Pizza for like another $2.

Now it's $10 JUST for the tacos/burritos.

That's fucked up, by the way. Back in my weed smoking days, I'd eat one of those motherfuckers by myself.

But anyway, I think they should really make a Hooters style restaurant with barely pubescent girls, like Raisins. If we look at the market of people who subscribe to preteen modeling websites, and guys who like football and chicken wings, I bet there's a lot of crossover. Now, I think only the Japanese could pull this off. The only problem I see is that I don't think minors can serve beer.

I never cared for Hooters, because the first time I went there the waitress had fucking ringworm. I was also, FYI, on my way to the 2004 Survivor Series. Shitty show.