TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lei Tong

TUF 3: The Thread

Guest AndrewisyourHero

Solomon was right, though. Ross did exactly like he said. I liked him too, but Kendall had that fight won from the beginning

Guest AndrewisyourHero

"That was the slowest, creepingist armbar I've ever seen. I saw that coming forever"

Guest AndrewisyourHero
Tait: He's got all the answers, you dumbass.

Makes me wonder what his response will be when someone knocks his head off

Tait Lindlwned himself with his "Jesse's gonna' run through (Noah) like a train" comment.

Personally, I'm hoping for Tait/Bisping.

19382.jpg

Rudo and Lei Tong are my new favourite posters

New favorite?

They're always the best posters. They make watching MMA like 100% more fun.

Guest AndrewisyourHero

That is true..and the spinning toe hold in Lei's sig is swank as fuck too

I just wanna' smash Rudo.

Bang! Bang!

DAGGER!

ROFLMFAO

The whole Dagger thing, I just wish my freaking friend I hang out with, liked mma and watched this show. I could just go up to him and say "DAGGER!" and we'd both crack the fuck up.

just READING Lei Tong do it, made me laugh out loud, it's just too funny.

The more I think about it, the more having them together in the confessional might be the best job ever done on TUF. It's comedy genius. Ratings gold.

Guest AndrewisyourHero

OH!

That reminds me: Solomon's Matrix dream featuring Rory the Neurotic Jew (tm Rudo) was gold.

Singer2.JPG

"Dude kept popping up!"

I just caught the fight at the end when I got home from the game, so I was wondering what the fuck that "Dagger!" stuff was all about. Ross all but threw in the towel after he couldn't get off the mat. I'm just glad that we're dumping the weaker fighters now so we can get to the good stuff.

I just caught the fight at the end when I got home from the game, so I was wondering what the fuck that "Dagger!" stuff was all about. Ross all but threw in the towel after he couldn't get off the mat. I'm just glad that we're dumping the weaker fighters now so we can get to the good stuff.

You owe it to yourself to watch the replay Sat.

I will. Because DAGGER! is comedy gold.

Bonnar and Griffins commentary on each episode is great. For anyone wondering about Team Dagger, let Forrest explain:

Kendall and Solomon form team dagger. The expressed purpose of team dagger is to repeat the word dagger in as many different and annoying ways as possible. Another objective of team dagger is to tick off neurotic Jews, aka Rory Singer.

Its a pity no one else in my entire state would have a clue what 'DAGGER' means, because I know it'd catch on. Great episode, I'm thinking perhaps Tito will get Matt to fight maybe Kristian next. If not, it might be BISPING TIME!

I thought the visual of him blanketing Ross when he had his back was hilarious. Normally you see guys jump up to gain leverage and pressure, but the dude is 6'4 and is a middleweight, so he had to bend over.

Hopefully that will mean that Kendall will be one of the few that doesn't drop down in weight after the show like a lot of past competitors have done. However, a guy 6'4" at 170 is amusing to me. Not saying he'd be great, just saying it would be hilarious to see him take on a guy that comes up to his navel or something.

Guest Brian

Rating looks bad. I think having things on Thursday is hurting them as much as lack of a lead-in.

Nah, they got their highest opening rating ever with a 2.0 on that Thursday which was up from the lead-in. People tuned in to see Shamrock and Tito fight and when they said "let's have a truce" I guess a portion of the audience that tuned in, tuned out. I think this audience wants to see something happen, and they don't consider the essentially quarter-final matches to be important. As shown with the TUF2 finale drawing a 2.0, even if the audience tunes out for the most part during the season, they will still come back to see, well, something happen. The Leben/Koscheck thing was something happening. If Season 3 had something happen, something controversial, something "must see", and they promoted it on television, then they'd probably get a higher rating. I love this season, I think it is the best yet, I look forward to every episode and want to see more when its done, but I can understand this mentality. And when you think about it, who the UFC is going for and who usually watches the UFC, those guys 18-34 (with relatively high incomes) probably have better things to do, so it takes a lot to get them to tune in.

IMO, the UFC should put on a SUPERCARD on SPIKETV. No more of the TUF bullshit, put a PPV calibre show on, with title fights, and it will get their best rating yet, guaranteed.

Isn't that illegal now? And I'm struggling to take anything you post seriously with a picture of Sylvia in your sig.

...not that I took a lot of what you said seriously in the first place.

ZING!

Ever since you became just Adam you haven't been so nice, guy.

:(

I don't know if it is illegal, but it is generally unwise given the injury rate among fighters to hold one day tournaments. Plus, though I like the idea of building the LW division, it wouldn't be the big deal that I was suggesting UFC put on a Live Spike Card. Though a LW title match + a MW or WW title match would fit the bill.