TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB: Week 1 (4/2-4/9)

Guest Smues

Is anybody going to watch 'Bonds on Bonds' when it starts tomorrow? I really have no interest, but I'm sure ESPN will hype it incredibly.

Guest Smues

Dodgers have cut the lead to 4 with 2 on and 1 out in the 8th. Man I miss the days where we had a good bullpen.

Well the Os won 9-6. But Im not getting excited yet..they gave up 6 runs to the D-Rays which I Guess is ok cause they supposedly have offense..but they scored 9 runs vs the D-Rays which isn't anything to get all excited about.

Guest Smues

11-8 Atlanta in the bottom of the ninth. Runners at the corners with no outs. This one is going to hurt if LA manages to win.

edit: make that runners at 2nd and 3rd.

I cannot believe there isn't a single televised game for me to watch on Opening Day. This sucks.

Gotta love Sportsnet showing pool, yachting, and skateboarding.

Sportsnet Pacific is showing a so-so season preview as we speak. I suppose it'll do.

Yeah, it's the same one they showed yesterday. I can't believe they couldn't get the Canadian rights to any of the ESPN games for this afternoon.

Guest Smues

Both runners score and now it's 11-10 with no one on and 2 outs. Come on Chris just one more.

Guest Smues

YES Braves win 11-10. First win on opening day since 02. I'm REALLY worried about our pitching this season, but at least the offense looked good.

Guest Smues

Some fan threw a syringe (without a needle) at Bonds on the field. While I think the idea of that is funny, you don't throw shit at players, even Barry Bonds. They need to find the fucker and eject/arrest him.

Agreed. That was amusing, but it should end there. You can't give people free liscense to throw stuff on the field.

The Baseball Tonight crew is up in arms about the Bonds thing.

Poor Nomar, but I couldn't help but laugh just because it didn't take him a full game to get hurt.

After raining most of the day it has cleared up Oakland. It could still rain tommorrow and Wednesday night too but looks like shouldn't too much trouble getting through tonight's game.

Edit: Okay now I wish there had been a rainout. Now watch there will be a rainout tommorrow with Harden pitching, who should have started tonight.

Some fan threw a syringe (without a needle) at Bonds on the field. While I think the idea of that is funny, you don't throw shit at players, even Barry Bonds. They need to find the fucker and eject/arrest him.

Yeah, I laughed, but you really shouldn't throw shit on the field, nor should you run on the field COUGH SOUTH SIDE TRASH COUGH.

Guest NYankees

I wonder how many homeruns Randy gives up this year. We should have a pool. I am guessing 40 for the season.

Anyone who says they didn't mark a little bit for Thomas' homer isn't a baseball fan. At least the A's fans had something to cheer about.

This Yankees lineup is going to be sick this season. I bet we still get lots of complaining, though.

Guest NYankees

Thomas homerun was sick. He just reached out for it and hit it a fucking mile. Thats fat boy strength right there.

I still bet the Yankees pitching fades off mid-season.

Lets also not forget that Barry Zito for whatever reason can't beat the Yankees even if they were comprised of 25 Enrique Wilson clones.

Well aint this just the typical start of the season for the Oakland Athletics.

Not that Zito was good or anything, but I'll be damned if some of those pitches he threw were not strikes and the ump just sat there while Johnson would go and throw the same pitch and get a strike called.

In what is now a totally lost game, at least Frank Thomas starts off his Oakland A's tenure with an exclamation point.

Why did I take class off for Zito rather then Harden!?! :(