TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Apparently Deadpool will appear in the Wolverine movie. He will be played by Ryan Reynolds.

Taylor Kitsch will play Gambit in the movie.

Apparently Deadpool will appear in the Wolverine movie. He will be played by Ryan Reynolds.

Taylor Kitsch will play Gambit in the movie.

Everyone so far makes sense except Blob and Gambit. Deadpool, Silver Fox, and Sabertooth all make perfect sense since they were part of the Weapon X program.

But Gambit and the Blob? They lost me.

WHAT THE FUCK?!!

Keeping up the Wolverine talk, I just saw this on Yahoo

Former "Lord of the Rings" hobbit Dominic Monaghan has joined the cast of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," Fox's "X-Men" spinoff starring Hugh Jackman.

"Wolverine," set 17 years before the "X-Men" movies, traces the origins of the popular Marvel Comics mutant superhero also is known as Logan.

Monaghan will play Barnell, a former military ally of Logan with the power to harness energy and electricity. Henney will play Agent Zero, a fellow member of the Weapon X program and an expert tracker with lethal, mutant-enhanced marksman skills.

Keeping up the Wolverine talk, I just saw this on Yahoo

Former "Lord of the Rings" hobbit Dominic Monaghan has joined the cast of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," Fox's "X-Men" spinoff starring Hugh Jackman.

"Wolverine," set 17 years before the "X-Men" movies, traces the origins of the popular Marvel Comics mutant superhero also is known as Logan.

Monaghan will play Barnell, who dies. Henney will play Agent Zero, who also dies.

There ya go.

I'm glad to see it sounds like they are going to follow some of the truth behind the Weapon X storylines. I'm fine with adding Agent Zero because he was pretty bad ass.

But Beak dies? Why is Beak even IN this? And why the hell is he dying? Ugggh dammit, one step forward and two steps back.

...and Sabretooth is...where?

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Black Eyed Peas singer Will.i.am will make his feature acting debut in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," the "X-Men" spinoff starring Hugh Jackman.

Danny Huston, Taylor Kitsch and Lynn Collins also have joined the Fox project, and Ryan Reynolds is making a cameo. Gavin Hood ("Tsotsi") is directing.

"Wolverine," set 17 years before the "X-Men" movies, traces the origins of the popular mutant superhero.

Will.i.am, whose real name is William Adams, will play Wraith, a mutant with the power to turn himself translucent.

Huston, who most recently appeared in "30 Days of Night," is playing Stryker, the military general who subjected Wolverine to the experiment that laced his bones with an unbreakable metal called adamantium. Brian Cox played the character in "X2: X-Men United."

Kitsch, one of the stars of NBC's "Friday Night Lights," is playing Gambit, a Cajun thief whose powers include the manipulation of kinetic energy, which allows him to use card-throwing to deadly effect.

Collins ("The Number 23") will play as Kayla Silverfox, Wolverine's lover and a member of Team X, a superpowered covert ops team.

Reynolds, onscreen in "Definitely, Maybe," will appear as Deadpool, a wisecracking mercenary.

Liev Schreiber already has been cast as Victor Creed, a mutant with bestial superpowers who also is known as Sabretooth.

Production began this month in New Zealand before moving to Australia. A New Orleans shoot also is on the docket. Fox is releasing the film everywhere May 1, 2009.

Anyone watching SNL notice Kristen Wiig doing a crotch chop during the "Rock of Love" Sketch?

I haven't gotten to that part yet. I just put it on my TiVo and noticed that Maya Rudolph left during the strike. I didn't hear anything about her or the new featured cast member.

...and Sabretooth is...where?

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Black Eyed Peas singer Will.i.am will make his feature acting debut in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," the "X-Men" spinoff starring Hugh Jackman.

Danny Huston, Taylor Kitsch and Lynn Collins also have joined the Fox project, and Ryan Reynolds is making a cameo. Gavin Hood ("Tsotsi") is directing.

"Wolverine," set 17 years before the "X-Men" movies, traces the origins of the popular mutant superhero.

Will.i.am, whose real name is William Adams, will play Wraith, a mutant with the power to turn himself translucent.

Huston, who most recently appeared in "30 Days of Night," is playing Stryker, the military general who subjected Wolverine to the experiment that laced his bones with an unbreakable metal called adamantium. Brian Cox played the character in "X2: X-Men United."

Kitsch, one of the stars of NBC's "Friday Night Lights," is playing Gambit, a Cajun thief whose powers include the manipulation of kinetic energy, which allows him to use card-throwing to deadly effect.

Collins ("The Number 23") will play as Kayla Silverfox, Wolverine's lover and a member of Team X, a superpowered covert ops team.

Reynolds, onscreen in "Definitely, Maybe," will appear as Deadpool, a wisecracking mercenary.

Liev Schreiber already has been cast as Victor Creed, a mutant with bestial superpowers who also is known as Sabretooth.

Production began this month in New Zealand before moving to Australia. A New Orleans shoot also is on the docket. Fox is releasing the film everywhere May 1, 2009.

Wooo. Deadpool.

Dear god that was hilarious.

I swear, no star takes themselves less serious than Ben Affleck.

That video has star power. And Cameron Diaz and Robin Williams were also hilarious

You see that's why I like Kimmel's show, he has this weird sense of humor and isn't afraid to do crazy stuff like that, he's kinda like Conan-lite, but almost as twisted.

And Harrison Ford totally had me ROTFL

I just watched the greatest episode of Family Matters ever. Laura got mugged by some girl gang and then thought about getting a gun to protect herself. Then one of her friends got shot and there was a big Give Up Your Guns rally at the end where Freddie Prinze Jr appeared and had like three lines as some guy who didn't want to give up his gun and URKEL RAPPED!

Oh it was unintentional comedy at its finest.

I love the gun episode. I didn't even realise Freddie Prinze was in that episode.

There was an episode where someone wrote nigger on Laura's locker and Mama Winslow told a story about being black and going to the library.

Yep, according to IMDB, it was Freddie's acting debut. An auspicious debut indeed.

And none of those TGIF shows should do "special episodes". Remember the Full House where DJ overexercised? Good lord.

All the white people on that show were retarded in some way (the popular girl in high school whose name I no longer remember, Lt. Murtagh).

I was watching Diff'rent Strokes this morning and it was about a guy in a wheelchair that couldn't compete in the Olympics, so Mr. Drummond named a gym after him and had the 1984 US gymnastics team put on a number. When they told him to take care and keep his upper body in shape, he started yelling at everyone and angrily wheeled out of the gym. I love Very Special Episodes.

Perfect Strangers, while is generally ALWAYS ended with the same music while Larry and Balki discussed the mutual lesson they learned, had some very special episodes (Balki learning about people using him when he thought he was in love, Mr. Gorpley talking about his crappy Christmases) and the music they used for THOSE episodes was too sad. Desired effect, though.

Nothing will ever beat no dose addiction in the "In a Special episode" relm.

While black sitcoms do tend to suck, the good ones handle the drama better than most. Family Matters is an exception because it was a white sitcom with black people.

Diffrent World was able to have good episodes about rape, drug addiction, gangs, racism and the LA riots and none seemed to sappy.

Roc had kids getting murdered on his front lawn and it still worked. That one season of South Central(which was awesome BTW) had gangs, shootings, rape and still was able to be a good sitcom and didn't seem so over the top.

But honestly, i think its because they all had on thing in common. They used silence in a serious moment. Those corney shows used that fucking music that they always used no matter what the problem. Laura called nigger? Piano. Eddie jealous over other kids clothes...same music.

how about Carlton getting a gun to avenge Will's shooting? or Carlton getting rejected from the Fraternity because he wasn't "black enough".

That last one hits close to home sniff sniff :(

And Wills dad leaving him again...there were plenty more I think. But once again, no sappy music, they just had silence as the live studio audience gets punched right square in the balls because they came in thinking they were going to get a nice funny show and get drama.

THATS how you handle it.

Oh, and how did I leave out mutha fuckin Goodtimes.

James dying, JJ getting shot, gangs, old lady eating catfood, James getting fired 2000 times, drugs, pimps, JJ with the clap, destroyed NFL careers, child abuse(with a Iron no less), deaf kid about to fall down a elevator shaft, guns in the house, Michael dating the white girl(just funny on so many levels), getting robbed for the lottery ticket, woman beating and I am pretty sure there was a rape episode....and it still didn't get sappy.

that is just fucking talented writing.