TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I'd say Venture Bros. is the best comedy show on TV right now.

Awesome new one sheet for Stuart Gordon's new movie "Stuck."

stuck.jpg

So I'm in the middle of watching that FX's mini-series called Thief staring Andre Braugher... I'm about 3 episodes deep into it, and I must say it's fucking awesome.

Andre Braugher = G.O.A.T TV Drama Actor

Yeah, I caught Thief when iot came out....last year or the year before, I can't remember...great miniseries and I'm sad that it wasn't picked up as a full time series. Not to spoil too much for you, but it ends with a LOT of shit left out in the open.

Thief was a great show that deserved a better chance. Come on, Andre Braugher, Michael Rooker, and Mae Whitman on the same show? That's gold.

The thing about Venture Bros. is that it is fall down funny, but actually works as adventure at the same time. It's quite thrilling. It's very smart, lots of references that feel tailor made to me sometimes (this is also true of my other favorite shows, Mr./MST3K... in fact, they all sort of have the same target audience, I guess).

And on top of all that... it's scored by JG Thirlwell?

Just perfect.

Trailer and Episode Guide for NBC's new horror anthology series "Fear Itself", premiering June 5th. Trailer is a bit lame, but I'll watch this show.

The thing about Venture Bros. is that it is fall down funny, but actually works as adventure at the same time. It's quite thrilling. It's very smart, lots of references that feel tailor made to me sometimes (this is also true of my other favorite shows, Mr./MST3K... in fact, they all sort of have the same target audience, I guess).

And on top of all that... it's scored by JG Thirlwell?

Just perfect.

I know that when Dean was marrying Underbheit, I got chills. Actually, I think that is one of my favorite epsides.

"Say hello to goodbye, Dr. Venture!"

I cannot decide if that, or Escape to the House of Mummies (part 2) is my favorite episode.

What was the better song in Rocky IV: Hearts on Fire or No Easy Way Out?

No Easy Way out for me. Although Hearts works well when you get to yell "DRAGGGGOOOOO!" when it's over.

I just discovered they are making "Crank 2: High Voltage" and that really confuses me considering the ending of CRANK. Even after reading the plot, it doesn't make a god damn lick of sense. Despite that, I'll still go see it since I'll never get a sequel to Shoot Em Up.

No Easy Way Out.

It's a song that makes you want to drive and think about the death of Apollo Creed.

This is something I hadn't seen posted on the site, but felt was interesting enough to warrant a mention. I got this off www.valiantentertainment.com:

Paramount and X-Men 3 Director Brett Ratner to Bring Valiant Comics' 'Harbinger' to the Big Screen

Paramount Pictures has acquired the rights to turn the Valiant Comics' series "Harbinger" into a live-action feature film that will be directed by Brett Ratner.

Ratner, who directed "X-Men 3: The Last Stand," was looking for an opportunity to start a superhero film franchise from scratch and has been a fan of the "Harbinger" comic book since its original release in 1992.

Valiant Comics is being relaunched by Valiant Entertainment, a privately financed company headed by CEO Jason Kothari and Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani. Valiant Comics developed a very large following in the 1990s by launching superhero franchises that had interconnected storylines. At its peak, Valiant gained a market share identical to DC Comics, owner of Batman and Superman, and was named Publisher of the Year ahead of current industry leaders Marvel Comics and DC Comics. Valiant Comics was sold to video game company Acclaim Entertainment in 1994 for $65 million and has sold 80 million comic books and 8 million video games.

Kothari's group bought the Valiant library last year from Acclaim Entertainment and formed Valiant Entertainment. Valiant's plan is to bring the popular characters to life in film and television. They signed with William Morris Agency to make film and television deals for the franchises.

"We are delighted to be working with leading partners in Paramount Pictures and director Brett Ratner on Valiant's first film deal. The future for Valiant's library of superhero franchises in film and other mass media is very bright," said Jason Kothari, CEO of Valiant Entertainment.

Created by former Marvel Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter, the "Harbinger" comic book series was a hit in the 1990s, selling over five million comic books and was named Comic Book of the Decade.

Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani said, "Brett Ratner is the ideal choice to bring "Harbinger" to life on the big screen, as he is not only one of Hollywood's hottest directors but has been a fan of Valiant Comics for many years."

Alexandra Milchan will Produce with Brett Ratner and Jay Stern. Jason Kothari and Dinesh Shamdasani will Co-Produce. The project may be branded under the MTV Films banner.

You know what movie I love nobody talks about? "Les Yeux Sans Visage" aka "Eyes Without a Face" Best French Horror movie ever made.

While I admit I need to rewatch Diabolique, I will totally go along with Eyes Without a Face being the best French horror movie ever.

The local mall theatre here has the Get Smart standee, with Carell throwing a phone and a big phone line swinging around the whole piece, together with a Zhoan standee. It looks like Adam Sandler (holding up a pair of scissors) is trying to cut the phone cord. It was amusing to me.