TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Does anyone else get excited for half a second whenever they list Dogfights on the History Channel, thinking its the history of actual dogs fighting? Though the show does kick ass being about air combat.

So I didn't see a thread for this, and I didn't feel like pouring back through the rest of this thread to see if it's been mentioned.

Anyway, Wanted sure looks like a load of shit. It appears to have nothing to do with the source material at all. It looks like it just shares a name. I hope it flops.

The next remake ahead: I Spit on Your Grave.

The studio wants it to get a theatrical release and an R rating. To that, I say-good luck there buddy.

I Spit on Your Grave is a terrible film. A remake will be no better. I hope it fails misserably.

Jesus what next, a remake of The Wizard of Gore?

As for Sex in the City, apperantly the prodcuers are so amazed it made money (what a shocker) that they plan for another film. No doubt this one will have an open ending so they can do another one after that. Ala Pirates of the Carribean.

And no Harry Shearer in Simpsons? Boo-urns.

I don't see how they can do another Sex and the City. There's really nothing left to do, unless it's just two hours of Big doing something horrible to Carrie.

I don't see how they can do another Sex and the City. There's really nothing left to do, unless it's just two hours of Big doing something horrible to Carrie.

Do you know how many men would pay to see that?

Last Action Hero and Get Carter (both versions) are GOOD.

According to MSN, Punch-Drunk Love is Adam Sandler's best movie while Big Daddy is his worst.

Much of the show is Big being a douche to Carrie though.

Rottentomatoes ranked Sandler's movies recently, via the tomatometre. Bulletproof was last

Anyway, Wanted sure looks like a load of shit. It appears to have nothing to do with the source material at all. It looks like it just shares a name. I hope it flops.

It looks gloriously cheesy. I have a real weakness for ludicrous action flicks which gleefully break every law of physics, the Shoot 'Em Ups of the world, so I wanna see this one. Plus it's directed by the Russian guy who did Night Watch, and when it comes to soulless-but-cool shit, that guy is the most soulless and coolest of them all.

The studio wants it to get a theatrical release and an R rating. To that, I say-good luck there buddy.

Hah! Next, let's remake Cannibal Holocaust and Pretty Baby.

Although I do think it could get an R. Come on, if Grindhouse and the Hostels could all get R's, anything can these days.

odd...Big Daddy is one of the few Sandler movies I can actually tolerate. Wedding Singer is my favorite, but I'm also a sucker for nostalgic films.

I liked both. Bulletproof mostly because it was the 2nd or 3rd R rated movie I saw but I legitmately enjoy Little Nicky.

My least favorite Adam Sandler movies are Click and Eight Crazy Nights but the worst is probably Mr. Deeds. He hasn't made a movie I've enjoyed in the past five years or so.

Punch Drunk Love is my favorite Sandler movie. I'd say Billy Madison is my favorite comedy of his. I havn't really liked any of his comedies after Happy Gilmore. Still want to get around to checking out Spanglish at least.

I have yet to see one Adam Sandler comedy which I liked, and have invariably hated him as an actor and never found him funny. But I did like Punch-Drunk Love, and actually liked his performance in that one.

I Spit on Your Grave is a terrible film. A remake will be no better. I hope it fails misserably.

Jesus what next, a remake of The Wizard of Gore?

First off, there is a remake of "The Wizard of Gore" coming out. I actually have interest in it, as Crispin Glover is playing Montag the Magnificent (say what you will about the remake, but you gotta admit, that's a great casting.)

Second of all, "I Spit on You Grave" is a definative love it or hate it movie. We all know Ebert's famous review, and it's one of the few horror/exploitation movies from the 70's that still gets plenty of controversy. Thing is, over time, it's found it's defenders, and not just horror fans. Some feminists, film critics, and film historians today declare it as a good movie. Like it or not, it's rightfully considered a cult classic. Granted, there are better rape/revenge movies ("Last House on the Left", "Thriller: A Cruel Picture"), but ISOYG is the most controversial.

The thing to me is, not only how are they going to remake ISOYG, but how are they going to do an R- rated remake? It's impossible to do an R-rated version of that movie, especially today.

Also luke-o, you are from England. Is that movie still cut, or have they finally released the uncut version. Just wondering, since I always found the whole "Video Nasties" thing from back in the day fascinating.

The thing to me is, not only how are they going to remake ISOYG, but how are they going to do an R- rated remake? It's impossible to do an R-rated version of that movie, especially today.

All of Grindhouse, both Hostel, The Devil's Rejects, both Hills Have Eyes, Sin City, and the entire Saw series all managed to get R ratings. Why not this one? All they have to do is chicken out a little bit on the rape scenes and not make them as lengthy and in-your-face as they were in the original, and hey presto, R-worthy.

It's funny how the movie is controversial, because I've never been able to make up my mind on it. On one hand, it's an utterly repellent piece of exploitive trash in which we literally watch a woman get raped for half an hour straight. That alone should be enough to permanently disqualify it from "Good Movie?" debates forever. On the other, she gets her uncompromisng revenge and then some, without relying on a man to fight for her honor or any bullshit like that. It's almost admirable in its merciless simplicity.

All of Grindhouse, both Hostel, The Devil's Rejects, both Hills Have Eyes, Sin City, and the entire Saw series all managed to get R ratings. Why not this one?

I highly doubt they'll get an R rating. I don't know why, but I just do.

I still don't see the allure of dressing up as if you were a character from whatever movie you're going to see.

...that is, unless Ghostbusters 3 somehow DOES get made...then you best believe the homemade proton pack I did for Halloween (that I still have saved at my folks' house) is coming out with me. My girlfriend and/or friends will never look at me the same way again. Kinda like when I painted a bad skull onto my face to see the Misfits one time...

I dressed up like Michael Myers when Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN came out, some kid saw me and started to cry. It was actually pretty funny.

It looks gloriously cheesy. I have a real weakness for ludicrous action flicks which gleefully break every law of physics, the Shoot 'Em Ups of the world, so I wanna see this one. Plus it's directed by the Russian guy who did Night Watch, and when it comes to soulless-but-cool shit, that guy is the most soulless and coolest of them all.

Hah! Next, let's remake Cannibal Holocaust and Pretty Baby.

Although I do think it could get an R. Come on, if Grindhouse and the Hostels could all get R's, anything can these days.

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST is already being remade.

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of ISOYG, if they intend to go full on with making it extreme.

2001 MANIACS was a great f'n remake, and I am looking forward to THE WIZARD OR GORE remake as well. Crispin f'n Glover!

I still don't see the allure of dressing up as if you were a character from whatever movie you're going to see.

...that is, unless Ghostbusters 3 somehow DOES get made...then you best believe the homemade proton pack I did for Halloween (that I still have saved at my folks' house) is coming out with me. My girlfriend and/or friends will never look at me the same way again. Kinda like when I painted a bad skull onto my face to see the Misfits one time...

I dressed up like Michael Myers when Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN came out, some kid saw me and started to cry. It was actually pretty funny.

Aren't you pretty fat, though? Or am I confusing you with somebody else's picture? I mean, nothing against fat people, but since Michael Myers isn't, y'know, it wouldn't be that convincing. I have to drop some weight myself to portray the Joker.

bob_barron is awful. Click hit my daddy-issue bone hard. I loved it.

And the idea of Zohan is starting to grow on me. If I want to see Adam Sandler I want to see him in a movie with an idea as ridiculous as an ex Israeli commando moving to NY to become a hair-stylist. It's not exactly out of the realm of ex-amatuer hockey player becomes a golf pro to save his grandma's house, it's just more ridiculous. And when talking comedy, I prefer ridiculous.

I have a voucher good for 2 tickets up to $7 each to see The Incredible Hulk. PM me if you're interested and I'll pick someone randomly to give the code to tomorrow night. It would be a good idea to check to see if you have a theatre nearby that participates with Hollywood Movie Money before PMing me or otherwise you wont be able to use em.

No need to post in this thread, I just didnt feel like starting a new thread over this.

Edit: Dandy won the tickets!

Click was awesome. I guess people just went in thinking it was going to be your usual Sandler flick and it was more drama than comedy.

I have always just kinda figured that people were just tired of Will Ferrel and that Semi pro couldn't have been that bad.

I watched it last night.

Its that bad. That was just not funny. I got a few chuckles from the announcers and Will had a few lines that made me chuckle...but thats but thats about it. Really really bad comedy right there.