TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

well movies like Con Air and Commando ARE stupid...which makes them great!

I didn't think Con Air was THAT stupid, which just makes it a throw away summer movie, while Commando is so stupid it's a true classic.

Come on now... Cyrus the Virus gets his leg impaled, gets smashed through a pedestrian flyover, electrocuted on cables and then gets his head crushed by a piledriver. That may even surpass the triple kill from Marked For Death. Flying Dave Chappelle! Con Air is pure, uncut awesome.

Come on now... Cyrus the Virus gets his leg impaled, gets smashed through a pedestrian flyover, electrocuted on cables and then gets his head crushed by a piledriver. That may even surpass the triple kill from Marked For Death. Flying Dave Chappelle! Con Air is pure, uncut awesome.

Why couldn't you put the bunny back in the box?

Con Air starts to loose the plot after the crash the plane. Up until then it's fantastic.

"Teeth" is a really fucked up and hilarious movie.

The bit at the end with the dog...priceless.

Hot Rod may have been the hardest I laughed at a movie ever on an initial viewing. Doesn't hold up quite as well, still worth owning.

That's what I'm worried about, so I'll probably never watch it for a few years. I was constantly cracking up, though. The scene with him dancing in the forest, endlessly falling down the hill, and then describing it to his friends had me bowled over. The dancing Asian guy throwing flyers at random people also... in fact, I could probably continue-on listing... Rico beating the shit out of that dude with a road marker and then taking his hat. I gotta stop.

Hot Rod fans take note: The Foot Fist Way is out now, featuring Danny McBride essentially playing the same character from Hot Rod as a Tae Kwon Do instructor. I haven't seen it yet, but looks good.

Wasn't feeling that one at all. So except for her dad, every male in town is a rapist or pervert of some sort? Talk about a straw cock argument. That's not feminism, that's some middle-aged guy screenwriter trying to act like he's feminist. And the sick mom, and the nuclear plant next door, and a protagonist named "Dawn", and always playing cheerful old family songs right after every dick gets bit off, arrgh too heavyhanded.

Wasn't feeling that one at all. So except for her dad, every male in town is a rapist or pervert of some sort? Talk about a straw cock argument. That's not feminism, that's some middle-aged guy screenwriter trying to act like he's feminist.

I agree. If it were written by a true feminist, the dad would've been a rapist pervert as well.

Wasn't feeling that one at all. So except for her dad, every male in town is a rapist or pervert of some sort? Talk about a straw cock argument. That's not feminism, that's some middle-aged guy screenwriter trying to act like he's feminist. And the sick mom, and the nuclear plant next door, and a protagonist named "Dawn", and always playing cheerful old family songs right after every dick gets bit off, arrgh too heavyhanded.

How many times do you complain about sexism and misogyny in horror movies? Because you seem to do that a lot.

Any time I think something is being unusually sexist or misogynist. Which, let's face it, is an awful lot of the time in all kinds of media, but horror flicks seem especially prone to it. Although Teeth was one of the rare few which is sexist against men and goes too far in the other direction. (Though you could make an argument that aside from Dawn's "superpower", every woman in the movie is portrayed as a helpless victim.) Anyway, I wouldn't even call it a horror flick, more like a dark comedy which I didn't think was funny.

Maybe, but satire typically involves some sort of metaphor in which real life is portrayed through exagerrated proxies. What would Dawn's cooter crunchers stand for? Women's lib and feminine empowerment, I guess? Biting off penises = burning bras? I maybe could see that, especially since the movie's timeframe is stylistically skewed. It seem to be directed in a manner to give you an anachronistic feeling as if it were set in the 50s or 60s, despite it technically taking place in the present day.

Oh dear god. I really hope we aren't looking at a straight up complete remake. I don't want to see Nick Cage's dick on the screen either.

Someone give him like Superman 2 and Ghost Rider 2 just to distract him. I don't care if it does destroy both franchises, it's worth the price.

Oh yeah, the Bad Lieutenant remake. I'd say this project had the stench of deathly doom all over it... except it's being directed by, of all fuckin' people, Werner Herzog. Who is FAR too good a filmmaker to utterly fuck something off like this. After all, this is the guy who remade Nosferatu and NOBODY complained that his version raped the original, which is fairly unheard-of when you think about it. So I have to wonder what kind of tricks he has up his sleeve. It sounds like the worst idea possible, but hell, so did Adaptation on paper.

I just watched That Thing You Do for the first time in like 6 years.

God that's a great film.

I just overheard a really stupid sounding romantic comedy. A girl want's the perfect wedding and for her father to give her away. After finding her mom's diary, she realizes their could be 3 potential fathers. Then I heard it was for Moma Mia, which I thought was a beloved and respected musical. I never had any idea it had such a hack plot. Glad I'm single right now so I don't get dragged to that crap.

I rented both Teeth and Strange Wilderness on Friday.

Way too many severed penises for one weekend.

I remember my old roomates obssessing over "Strange Wilderness", and playing that annoying "laughing shark" clip over and over and over and...

I saw Strange Wilderness. You have to be stoned to enjoy it, and sadly I was not stoned.

Agreed that the wilderness clips were the funniest part of the movie

Bad Lieutenant might be one of the roles that Nick does every 5 years that he feels like he should actually attempt to act.

He has given me Ghost Rider and Wickerman recently which are two of the funniest fucking movies I have seen in a LONG time, so maybe he is in the mood to actually...you know....try in the next movie.

And I know I professed my love for it before, but I will say it again. Hot Rod is fucking hilarious. I really could sit here a and name a dozen things off the top of my head I found hilarious.

I just watched Dodgeball. Man that movie was disappointing. I thought it would be funnier with guys like Stiller and Vaughn.

Stiller was the only thing funny about that movie to me. You just have to look at him even when he isn't talking. Dude was just hilarious in that movie.

Oh, and Steve the Pirate