TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Wait, are we saying that MTV doesn't have integrity and might have used an award show to push Britney? MY GOD, how could such a thing be suggested of an American tradition that has always been the voice of music!

I've always liked Will Smith so I might not be as pissed as some but this is just a bad idea. Didn't he learn anything from Wild Wild West? Or any remake of old TV series/comic books where black actors play popular characters that were originally white? I mean it's not neccessarily a race thing as I'm sure they could have been good (and perhaps this Captain America remake will be), they just all sucked!

On a similar note, I've always wondered what it would be like if a white actor played an iconic African American character? People would be in an uproar if Nicholas Cage played George Jefferson.

Will couldn't be Steve Rogers...that's just one race switch I simply won't buy. The Kingpin as a black man is fine. Hell, Sammy L. would be great for Nick Fury, but this? I can only see Will doing it as the NEW Cap or something. Like, Steve Rogers has aged enough to pass the mantle on to Will's character or something. Problem is, people would shit all over that idea.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I'm addicted to "Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmer" and "Man vs. Wild."

'bizarre foods' would be a sort of interesting concept i think if zimmern wasn't so grating. for a food writer he has a pretty puny vocabulary, and his whole on-air personality is just weird tv-host mugging and trying to be funny.

bourdain has spoiled me on travel shows. save for the american southwest, this past season especially of 'no reservations' has been great.

Shit yes. I liked the southwest better than Saudi Arabia, though. Mostly because I've been most of those places. Read Kitchen Confidential if you haven't.

I just watched Children of Men. There was not much that appealed whatsoever. Great premise, horrible execution. I don't care that it was a good technical achievement. It wasn't very entertaining. Not terrible, but below average.

I dunno about True Blood. Considering that this is the same HBO Original Programming which brought us stuff like The Sopranoes, Oz, The Wire and so forth... so far this one doesn't look like it's playing in the same league. The laughably false Southern accents from Paquin and some other actors certainly aren't helping. Although she and the lead vampire guy do seem to have some chemistry already. Hopefully they'll take a step back from the over-Southerning which seemed to infect every single second of the pilot. I'll keep watching it, cuz I vaguely recall enjoying one of the books in the series and sadly I'm compelled to watch just about anything with vampires in it, but so far I'm not impressed.

Then again, Buffy didn't really get very good until well into its second season, so maybe there's hope yet.

I just watched Children of Men. There was not much that appealed whatsoever. Great premise, horrible execution. I don't care that it was a good technical achievement. It wasn't very entertaining. Not terrible, but below average.

::puts Matt on Ignore::

Not literally, but, dude.

I watched POSTAL last night and it was the most politically incorrect film I've seen in a long time, and I loved every minute of it. Very funny, and Zach Ward was awesome in it. Uwe Boll hit a home run with this one, certainly his best film to date.

I dunno about True Blood. Considering that this is the same HBO Original Programming which brought us stuff like The Sopranoes, Oz, The Wire and so forth... so far this one doesn't look like it's playing in the same league. The laughably false Southern accents from Paquin and some other actors certainly aren't helping. Although she and the lead vampire guy do seem to have some chemistry already. Hopefully they'll take a step back from the over-Southerning which seemed to infect every single second of the pilot. I'll keep watching it, cuz I vaguely recall enjoying one of the books in the series and sadly I'm compelled to watch just about anything with vampires in it, but so far I'm not impressed.

Then again, Buffy didn't really get very good until well into its second season, so maybe there's hope yet.

::puts Matt on Ignore::

Not literally, but, dude.

Sorry. I was just bored out of my mind during it. It almost became only the second movie, after Epic Movie, that I couldn't make it all the way through (though COM was 10000000000x better than Epic Movie). Actually, I almost didn't make it through Shoot 'Em Up the other day, either. Clive Owen's a really good actor, but apparently he and babies do not mix.

Jingles and I have talked about True Blood over at the Pit *cheap plug*. Unless Anna Paquin starts having some full nude sex scenes here very quickly, I may have to go ahead and pass on this show.

Jingles and I have talked about True Blood over at the Pit *cheap plug*. Unless Anna Paquin starts having some full nude sex scenes here very quickly, I may have to go ahead and pass on this show.

I've read that it picks up with the 2nd and 3rd show. The ending of the pilot, has me hooked, so I think the 2nd show should be pretty damn good.

"Sons Of Anarchy" is pretty damn good.

As I'm posting this on my blackberry, I'm not able to get the link right now, but a post on the Fangoria.com message board was started about another remake. According to either shocktillyoudrop.com or bloodydisgusting.com (I will get the like when I get home) CANDYMAN is in the works to get remade now.

I don't mind this one on a couple of levels. First, I can always pop in my copy of the original. Second, the article says it's going to be more like the short story then the original film, which can make it interesting (key word there "can").

Has anybody seen the extended trailer for Crash: The TV Series. I can't find it on YouTube but good lord, it looks even worse than it sounds on paper. Though it appears that Dennis Hopper is going to bring the unintentional comedy and provide my new subtitle!