TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Hm. I might enjoy it on some level. I like the idea of killer whale movies (not orcas [though they are obviously included], but in the literal sense]). Give me some good effects, I'll watch and riff on it. Kinda like the Day After Tomorrow or something.

Not many whale attack movies. Not enough.

So I just discovered Hulu.com, which means I'm finally getting into Arrested Development like I've been meaning to do for a while now. Good stuff, man. Good stuff.

David Blaine's dive of death was the weakest of weak shit. There WAS NO DIVE. He just fell on a harness and then "disappeared"... fuck, at least I was pretty entertained by all of his ridiculous street magic leading up to it.

Watching 2 hours of Cosby Show and an hour of Sanford and Son nightly on TV land had me wondering what if Red Foxx and Cosby had switched sitcoms. (Since they had opposite $$$ status in storylines)

Then I thought of:

737811863_a11dedb11f_m.jpg

and tonight Foxx was wearing a suit around the junkyard.

David Blaine's dive of death was the weakest of weak shit. There WAS NO DIVE. He just fell on a harness and then "disappeared"... fuck, at least I was pretty entertained by all of his ridiculous street magic leading up to it.

I can't stand David Blaine. He's not a magician, he's a glorified stunt man.

The Amazing Jonathan is a magician, Penn and Teller are magicians, David Copperfield is/was a magician, Cris Angel is a magician. David Blaine is not a magician (at least not from all these stunts he's doing, if there is footage of him actually doing magic I have yet to see, and don't care to as I don't like him, but at least that would be more entertaining then watching him hold his breath for a week.)

He does some pretty cool magic tricks... at least I think they're cool.

That's what 95% of these specials are. Him in the middle of whatever retarded shit he's currently doing and while they "build anticipation" they show him doing a bunch of magic tricks on the street.

I can't stand David Blaine. He's not a magician, he's a glorified stunt man.

David Blaine absolutely is a magician. His street magic is amazing, the card trick with the Williams family freaked me out yesterday. I think his stunts are stupid too, mainly because the endings are so anticlimatic.

I only know Blaine from the stunts he does, and they are indeed anti-climatic. I would be interested in checking out some of his "real" magic, as that stuff interests me.

CHOKE opens today, and I can't wait to see it. From the footage I have seen, it looks like it's going to be all kinds of awesome!

I just watched Beat Takeshi's "Violent Cop", "Zatoichi", and "Kikujiro" via the Netflix. I dig his little saunter he does, and his little facial motions. Out of the three I enjoyed Kikujiro the most, although Violent Cop had some cool visuals despite being fairly meandering for a revenge cop story. Zatoichi was pretty good, and the end line after the random dance number was pretty sweet.

I've told him that before, he knows it's my favourite movie.

He was really funny, talking about how he's mad at McCain for not getting the debate cancelled b/c no one will show up to his gig, and telling a story about working with Larry Miller.

his little facial motions.

"Little" is the operative word. At some point about a decade back, Kitano was in a motorcycle wreck which ended up paralyzing all the muscles on one side of his face. The old joke ever since then has been that nobody can tell which side.

If you're interested, here's a few more:

Sonatine: probably my favorite of his work

Brother: not his best, but interesting to see how he does a half-American movie

Fireworks: his most critically acclaimed, though I found it pretty confusing

Boiling Point: see Fireworks, remove "critically acclaimed", double "confusing"

Battle Royale: he didn't direct it, but he's one of the lead stars, and everyone should see this movie anyway

Finally saw Burn After Reading, it was every bit as good as others have said it was. Pitt was the star of this film but I wished we saw more JK Simmons, whom made the absolute most of his limited screen time. I'll happily go back to see this.

Chris Rock's still got it. His new special last night was incredible.

"I could be on Regis talking about Madagascar 2 and say, "Oh, Regis...yeah, I play a zebra again." And he could stick a pencil in my fucking neck and say "Take that, you greasy fucking nigger!" and I'd be like "Ahh, I shoulda seen it comin'. I let Regis get too close!"

"I remember the first time a girl swallowed my cum after a blowjob. Damn boy. Half the women in here are thinking ew gross and the other half are in a loving relationship."

I had no idea until just now that Jeph Loeb wrote the movie Teen Wolf.

I'm strangely impressed. One of my favorite 80s teen comedies. I love that "Big Bad Wolf" song they play at the prom.

So I'm watching Behind The Music with NKOTB and it has me thinking about Entourage.

Is Johnny Drama loosely based on Donnie Walhberg, Like Vince and Mark Wahlberg?

Edit I should've googled it, Johnny is based off Kevin Dillon and Mark's cousin.

I have concluded that the "Pancakes" scene in "Cabin Fever" is the rural version of the "Garbage Day" scene in "Silent Night Deadly Night II"

I had two of 'em. I started re-reading one a little while ago, and quickly stopped. At least on the first couple pages, the writing ain't so good. Also, it's told in Sookie's first-person view, which makes me wonder how/if all those scenes without her went down in the book.