TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

See, that I could watch and it probably wouldn't bug me. It just seems like one could have a perfectly reasonable debate/discussion/talk/whatever on the subject without calling anything stupid.

And it's not like I have no sense of humor on the subject. Religion more than most things is rife to be joked about. Maher just comes off smarmy and judgmental about it. The Jewish Holocaust Denier sounds just interesting enough to get me to catch this on cable though.

EDIT: Okay, I saw Maher on the Daily Show and he came off a lot better than he has before.

I'm suprised An American Carol is currently 50% fresh on Rotten Tomatos. I don't know who it would appeal too besides right wing bloggers who want to stick it to liberal Hollywood. If Zucker wants to satarize liberals, why not try going after policy instead of OMG Michele Moore hates American and loves terrorists LOLZ.

It's not doing that great. The actual tally is 5 negative reviews and 4 positive ones, and the positive ones are kinda lukewarm. And I wouldn't expect it to be too reviled, since it's not like this is some preachy rightist documentary fighting back against Big Liberal Media's conspiracy of lies or somesuch. It's just another one of Zucker's goofy comedies, and it just happens to be making fun of Michael Moore instead of the usual genre movie cliches.

American Carol had its ups and downs, but it wasn't terrible. The number of cameos in alone was interesting: Paris Hilton, Gary Coleman, Simon Rex, David Allan Grier, John O'Hurley ("See that waiter over there..he had a bit part on Seinfeld").

I kept on hearing about how funny the Terrorist Training Video part was, and it was ripped off directly from the Onion Movie. The better video was Rosie Odonnel's Radical Christian Terrorists video ("LOOK OUT, ITS THOSE CHRISTIANS!"), too bad they couldnt get her to play herself..

I am seriously pissed...

Dayton area Time Warner Cable couldn't come to an agreement with the NBC affiliate here (WDTN), so they pulled the feed.

That kind of bullshit monopolizing annoys me.

And yes I could get an atenna, but considering they'll be obsolete in 4 months, what's the point?

They better get this sorted out before Heroes

I caught an advance screening of The Express. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect out of an inspirational sports movie. If your a Syracuse fan, it's a must see. Some Browns fans might want to check it out as well. Kind of wierd to see Art Modell protrayed in a face role. If your a college football fan, it's going to be at least worth a rental for the history leason. If you like single bar facemasks, Quarterbacks with uniform numbers above 19, and the T formation, this movie if for you.

Now that looks really good.

It's playing in New York and L.A. on Oct. 24th.

I watched American Gangster earlier today (found no thread for it) and it was just fucking awesome. As far as movie stars go, Denzel is my #2 baddest motherfucker alive after Sam Jackson. Denzel's obviously a much more versatile actor, though.

Sam L. plays the kind of guy you couldn't take seriously until he shoots you and it's too late...Denzel plays the kind of guy that scares you right away and you do everything possible to NOT have him shoot you.

As far as American Gangster, I found myself more interested in Crowe's character than Denzel's.

Cutting in with a comment.

Just saw Battle Royale. HOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT.

That is all.

I've seen the commercial for Changeling about a half a dozen times or so...and it wasn't until I paid attention to the quick credits that the girl was Angelina Jolie. I find that remarkable.

And that is a comment that doesn't warrant a thead.

"Feast 2" is pretty awful. They basically took all the parts about the first one that I didn't like (though I like the first one) and pretty much amplified them. Skip it.

Jesus, I was reading about "Feast" on wiki...the write up is poorly written, but it still sounds like a terrible flick. Not that I would expect an Oscar winner, but these horror film writers don't even try anymore.

What episode of the Simpsons is it where Bart gets a rapping megaphone? He says something like "it's not just A megaphone, Dad, it's the rapmaster 5000!"

Little Britain USA is the worst show on television.

The original wasn't that funny either, if you ask me.

At least Mind of Mencia isn't the first commercial of every commercial break, and occasionally one or two in the middle. I'm seriously considering not watching anything on Comedy Central until it's been on for a few weeks so I don't have to sit through advertising for the godawful show. And I normally would just say that it LOOKS shitty instead of calling it shitty, but I've seen enough clips by know and know enough of how bad David Allen Grier is to feel pretty safe in saying the show sucks.

What episode of the Simpsons is it where Bart gets a rapping megaphone? He says something like "it's not just A megaphone, Dad, it's the rapmaster 5000!"

"It's Hammer!"

The episode where Bart gets trapped in a well. Radio Bart. Season three. With Sting.

"I would do anything to help one of my fans!"

"Umm...actually...I don't think Bart has any of your albums."

"Quiet, Marge. He's a good digger."

Then Sting digs Bart out, only be thrown out of frame (and the rest of the episode) by Homer.

Edit: I guess I should have figured out from the title that Bart doesn't have a megaphone in that one. My bad.