TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

The 2006 NFL Draft Thread

At least they drafted Andre Johnson, although he sucked last year.

The Bills have a longstanding tradition of doing stupid shit, as do the Lions.

AJ fell into their laps. He wanted Charles Rogers but couldn't trade up in front of Detroit to get him. Same with Dunta Robinson. They only picked him up when they couldn't move in front of ATL to get DeAngelo Hall.

This guy drafted Seth Wand and Charles Hill in the 3rd, traded 3 first day picks to get Jason Babin, then traded 2 more first day picks for Phillip Buchanon. Impressive for only 4 years.

I'm getting goosebumps thinking about the potential of the Titan offense in about 3 years, especially with Norm Chow. Two 1,000 yard rushers AND LenDale White(whom I love) in the backfield. A great trio of young wideouts(Brandon Jones especially) with two talented vets in Daivid Givens from the Patriots and Drew Bennett. Kevin Mawae anchoring a mix of veterans and big youngsters like Mike Roos and Daniel Loper, three TEs who led the League in receptions as a unit in Erron Kinney, Ben Troupe, and Bo Scaife, and the ringleader Vince Young who I don't believe is overrated at all.

And NINE picks tomorrow as well(more than anybody else)

If Young and White look half as good in a Flaming Comet helmet as they did in the Rose Bowl, its gonna be a fun year.

I was PISSED when the Giants picked DE at # 32, but ironically they got Moss at # 44 which basically means they got two value picks but they just picked them backwards. I still would have preferred Justice and Moss, but I've got no complaints at the end result. The process was a bit shoddy though.

The Eagles and Jets have done REALLY well so far though which displeases me.

Damn, Jacksonville could have waited til the second round and gotten Pope at TE and gotten a LB in the first...

Oh well.

I like Leonard Pope better than Vernon Davis. Very angry right now.

They got Maurice Drew too. Really good 3rd down back and very good return man.

This is probably the best website to get information on the late round picks.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/default.asp

Texans finally take Eric Winston. They took two offensive lineman in a row, the other being Charles Spencer out of Pittsburgh.

Edit: Packers get a great value pick in Abdul Hodge, the linebacker out of Iowa. I watched this guy in the Outback Bowl against Florida, and he is a great player. Excellent pickup by the Packers.

Wow, the front office remembered they had one of the worst offensive linees in the league last year. I'm a bit happier. Would've taken Pope instead of Spencer though, just to give a change of pace for Putz.

The Jets keep trading down. What was the trade though? The first one worked out because they still got Clemens, and a 2nd round pick next year.

Arizona takes Leonard Pope. That offense is going to be scary.

They are the Madden team.

Dennis Green could be the best drafter in the league.

The Jets keep trading down. What was the trade though? The first one worked out because they still got Clemens, and a 2nd round pick next year.

The Jets got the 76th and the 220th in exchange for the 71st.

Seriously, what the fuck have the Bills been doing today? They could have had Matt Leinart and instead make a pick that has everyone scratching their heads. I'm not saying that Leinart would save the franchise or anything, but he would most likely be an improvement over Holcomb and Losman.

Not a bad move considering the Eagles took some complete unknown. I wanted Stovall, I wish Todd Pinkston would just go away so I'd never have to watch him run away from contact or say how he "lost focus" again.

Looks like Brian Calhoun made a good decision diving into the draft...

Detroit grabbed him with the 10th pick/3rd round...he would have been a top15 guy with a Senior season.

And the Jets take ILB Anthony Schlegel with the 76th pick. Kinda surprised to see two Buckeyes go to them in this draft. Good pick though, I really like where the Jets' focus has been thus far.

Not a bad move considering the Eagles took some complete unknown. I wanted Stovall, I wish Todd Pinkston would just go away so I'd never have to watch him run away from contact or say how he "lost focus" again.

Apparently they are going to play Gocong at the SAM. So if he is helping to get rid of the bow tie wonder than it is a positive. There are so many receivers still out there they can afford to wait until tomorrow.

Ohio St. and NC State both didn't have offenses. The Buckeyes offense was passable enough, NC State's sucked. I still think Manny Lawson is better than Mario Williams.