TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

TNA Notes from WON

The decision to change the TV format to less matches and focusing on on the main guys has hurt the morale of the undercard guys. A lot of full-timers were told they weren't needed for television and that Dixie Carter was under orders to cut the budget, and while people were unhappy, some understood the reasoning, but that changed when they saw the likes of Christy Hemme, Lex Luger, et al brought in, and morale sank. Things were made worse when the fans made it clear they didn't really care for the old guys, because if they had, the people unhappy would at least seen it was a decision that made some sort of sense.

A few people thought they had been lied to and talked about wanting to go to WWE.

People were surprised that Low Ki was put over Christopher Daniels and then not put on TV for three weeks, but there is a plan in place to do a slow introduction for him on TV.

Homicide hasn't been happy over a lot of things, such as not being booked for TV and getting whipped on the PPV and not getting any comeback. He's also not happy about not getting a good singles opponent which, combined with being given no indication of what TNA are going to do with him next, make him think TNA don't know what to do with him.

Juventued Guerrera been trying to get in but there has been zero interest, mainly over his injuring Jerry Lynn a few years ago, which he still has not apologised for.

Dawn Marie has expressed an interest in coming in.

A series of taped interviews with Kevn Nash will air in the coming weeks. A few months ago, Nash told friends of an idea he had about the X-Division where he'd come in, rip on the division, destroy a bunch of them, but put AJ Styles over in the end. The first promo was, apparently, going to be something along the lines of Nash of saying that nobody pays to see you guys flip around the ring and that his living room cost more than these guys make. "You guys can fly. Fly all you want. People pay to see 7-footers". The word is the interview is incredibly arrogant, and indirectly buries everyone.

The direction they were going in with Joe is a singles match with Steiner.

Joe vs. Sabu at Lockdown was meant to go much longer, but Sabu told Joe he was hurting, so Joe, knowing Sabu never lets on he's hurt, knew it must have been bad, so they went home early.

Ratings for Lockdown:

World X-Cup Six-Man: ***1/4

Sen She vs. Christopher Daniels: ***3/4

Six-Way Cage match: ***1/2

Samoa Joe vs. Sabu: **1/2

Team 3D vs. Team Canada: *3/4

Christian Cage vs. Abyss: ***3/4

Main Event: ***1/2

Nash has wanted to work with AJ since he came to TNA @ Victory Road...I just hope if he does return to the ring, something doesn't go wrong.

So Kevins idea of putting AJ over in the end would be something like AJ getting a flash pin on him after domination.

That's how Meltzer sees it, and he also points out that Nash, and Scott Hall, had reps of agreeing to lose to guys and then did it in a way where they looked strong and the other guy came out worse.

If that is indeed what the program is going to be for Nash to return, he is going to kill the X Division. There is no rub to get from Nash whether you are X Division or Heavyweight. I have no idea why they are still dealing with this man and the only thing I can think of is they are clueless.

The only thing they should do with Nash, if they must use him is probably in a management postition. He can be the tweener, cut a few jokes, do some inside shots and stay out of the ring and avoid more injury.

I'm ok with Nash's idea, but I think it would be better if he put someone else over instead of Aj Styles. Christopher Daniels might be a better choice.

Homicide hasn't been happy over a lot of things, such as not being booked for TV and getting whipped on the PPV and not getting any comeback. He's also not happy about not getting a good singles opponent which, combined with being given no indication of what TNA are going to do with him next, make him think TNA don't know what to do with him.

Ummm isn't Homicide's shoulder still fucked up?

One step forward followed by about 600 steps backwards. I don't know if they can ever get forward momentum and keep it with the people they have booking and writing storylines. It's nothing but bad news after bad news.

So Kevins idea of putting AJ over in the end would be something like AJ getting a flash pin on him after domination.

Followed by a rematch to show the world . . . well, Orlando at least, who is king of Universal Studios.

One step forward followed by about 600 steps backwards. I don't know if they can ever get forward momentum and keep it with the people they have booking and writing storylines. It's nothing but bad news after bad news.

It's why people have been predicting TNA's death since 2002, when they started. I'm still surprised that as inconsistent as TNA is that they've lasted this long, especially considering that Jarrett owns the promotion.

It's why people have been predicting TNA's death since 2002, when they started. I'm still surprised that as inconsistent as TNA is that they've lasted this long, especially considering that Jarrett owns the promotion.

Jarrett doesn't own the promotion. He has a executive role but he isn't the owner.

Jarrett doesn't own the promotion. He has a executive role but he isn't the owner.

So that's been his role since Panda bought TNA a few years ago? OK.

Still, it seems like he has enough clout to make sure his matches go last on PPV, even when he isn't the World Heavyweight Champion.

So that's been his role since Panda bought TNA a few years ago? OK.

Still, it seems like he has enough clout to make sure his matches go last on PPV, even when he isn't the World Heavyweight Champion.

That is the perks of being an executive, being close friends with the head booker and having a close "friendship" with the President.

Which is why TNA seems to be lacking Direction.

They cant make their mind up on where to put AJ

Homicide DOES need to used more, the need to push the LAX

I'm annoyed with the format change.

If Nash does come back, come back as the new face of autority and end this fucking Planet Jarret story line.

Joe v Steiner, good way to put him over i guess. But i think it would be better for him to turn on Sting at sacrifice then build up to a match between both of them.

Nash's idea sucks. As someone else mentioned, Truth could pull that off way better than Nash. No one's interested in Nash, a guy that most people mark out for, trashing the X Division. If Nash does that, most people are likely to BELIEVE him, and the whole division gets buried. Besides, its not like Nash has ever been good at putting others over. People would buy a Truth heel turn better, and more heat would be put on the fued. The people would HATE Truth and would want to see AJ or Daniels put him in his place. It'd be a good match too, imagine that. You don't need all these names to get people over. But hey, they have no idea how to use ANYONE properly unless they're a big star or their name's Jarrett.

As for the morale, I'm surprised that it's taken this long for people to start considering WWE. If I were any of the "Homegrown" talent, I'd be pissed that all the "names" are taking up the precious little time and money that TNA has. Homicide has a right to be pissed. Hell, everyone does. As someone else said, these guys and Jarrett are taking up the main event and even the World Champion has to take a backseat to them. It's bullshit.

Oh, and I don't buy for one minute that Steiner is going to put over Joe in a significant way. The match will suck balls, and we're only assuming Joe will win. If he does, he'll barely eke it out and Jarrett will get involved somehow. There's no way that having a program with Steiner will do anything but damage Joe's image. They'll fuck it up, I promise.

Which is why TNA seems to be lacking Direction.....Homicide DOES need to used more, the need to push the LAX

Does Homicide need to wear extra bagging clothes to make him look like a "little person"?

When they decide to rebuild the tag team divison.

Push LAX

Push the DiTR

Push The James Gang, better.

I can't see what people have against them

call me a mark, but i still like the James Gang.