TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

NBA Offseason Thread

Guest Felonies!
So do the Raptors use the first pick on Bargnani? He's been telling everyone that he will only play for the Raptors.

That's one of the most bizarre holdouts I've ever heard of.

Chad Ford of ESPN says the Raptors are high on Andrea Bargnini of Italy as a #1 pick and Bargnini wants to play in Toronto. He's a 7 footer who scouts say is Nowitzki like in that he can put the ball on the floor and shoot the 3.

Chicago will take Thomas. They may also deal the pick, depending on what they can get for a package of pick #2 and Chandler. They have a ton of operating room right now to get a very good.

Bobcats will likely take Adam Morrison or Brandon Roy, leaning more towards Morrison.

Well I think Toronto has a large European population or something like that. It is supposed to be a more comfortable change for the foreign players. I've heard rumors that they might be able to land Peja this summer for the same reason.

c'mon now, rigging for the RAPTORS!? if they were gonna rig for anybody it'd be Chicago.

You don't rig a weak draft like this one for a major market, especially since there are practically zero franchise type players this year.

Bobcats will likely take Adam Morrison or Brandon Roy, leaning more towards Morrison.

That's a decision that will get someone fired. Morrison needs to be on a better team than Charlotte to be effective.

Guest Felonies!
Well I think Toronto has a large European population or something like that. It is supposed to be a more comfortable change for the foreign players. I've heard rumors that they might be able to land Peja this summer for the same reason.

I've heard the substantial Croatian contingent of Chicago could land Peja, but would we want him?

Guest Felonies!

So, the Golden State Warriors. Sucks to be them. Seems like they always finish around 35-40 wins, so they miss the playoffs, don't get high draft picks, never make any big trades or free agency moves, and just kinda keep treading water as the forgotten California team. Additionally, they have the lame "Golden State" designation so as not to leave out San Franciscans, so it's like they're not even from anywhere. They could disappear overnight and nobody would notice.

That's a decision that will get someone fired. Morrison needs to be on a better team than Charlotte to be effective.

I agree. I don't believe in the Morrison hype that much at the next level either. Next Larry Bird my ass. More like the next Keith Van Horn.

I've heard the substantial Croatian contingent of Chicago could land Peja, but would we want him?

As a Kings fan I was always high on Peja, but I know there is a large contingent (especially on this board) that would disagree with me. But for Chicago he probably wouldn't add any dynamic that they don't already have with their existing team. They need a presence in the middle.

So my Jazz are thinking of taking JJ, eh? Dunno quite how I feel about that but I'll take what I can get b/c I desperately want to see them back in the playoffs again. Boy do I miss Stockton and Malone...

If JJ's there, which I'm not too sure of.

You guys know that the Rockets need a shooter, correct?

Ditto the Hornets.

I agree. I don't believe in the Morrison hype that much at the next level either. Next Larry Bird my ass. More like the next Keith Van Horn.

I am starting to doubt that people will ever understand how good Keith Van Horn has been in his career.

Boy do I miss Stockton and Malone...

So does the rest of this spoiled state. Larry Miller is wanting to shoot himself in the head at the losses the Jazz are raking in, he's 10 Million in the red because of the team.

And actually I think that JJ would work well in Sloan's system. JJ wouldn't need to slash as Deron Williams is more than adequate in that role, JJ could just be a spot-up shooter on the wings. I doubt he'll fall to Utah though, and I don't see them trading up for him.

I am starting to doubt that people will ever understand how good Keith Van Horn has been in his career.

My statement is more defending Larry Bird than downing Keith Van Horn. It seems any white guy over 6'7 who has a perimeter shot is pegged Larry Bird and it's not right. KVH is a career 16ppg guy, which isn't bad. Not great, especially for the 2nd overall pick the year he came out, but he's solid, if unspectacular. Morrison should be glad if he can hit KVH levels of success because he's a worse rebounder and defender than KVH ever was.

Morrison moves better without the ball than Van Horn. A more versatile scorer, draws more fouls, and is a better passer too. He is also more competitive. It's not a stat, but players with his type of energy and attitude, with that will to win, are usually successful. I think Morrison will be a borderline all-star. Kind of like Wally, but a little better.

Camps and individual workouts/interviews are going to play a bigger role than usual this year because of the uncertainty of all the players this year. I think this'll be another draft where a guy taken mid to late 1st round can turn out to be a better player than those taken as a lottery pick.

GM's have their work cut out for them this year. Time to earn that paycheck. It's drafts like these that I'm glad my team (Kings) have a guy like Geoff Petrie.

Guest stylz

I'd like the Raps to become a more Euro-friendly team, since most Americans have the misguided notion that its a bad thing to come and play up here. I'm glad CB4 has embraced this city...we build properly around him and we'll be competitive for years to come.

J

The Hawks are looking at Sheldon Williams....

a 6'9 PF.

To replace Al Harrington....another 6'9 PF.

To go along with Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Josh Childress and Joe Johnson. All 6'9 players.

Billy Knight says he has no intrest in Marcus Williams. A 6'3 point that is brilliant in the open court and can get players open....and he has a team of talented, athletic wing players that can run...

Ripper- crying a little inside.

I'm going to throw out a name.

Saer Sene

Remember it.

I do remember it. It's the dude with 7'8" wingspan who's considered to be a major project years away from contributing (we're talking Andrew Bynum years of experience and work needed).

The Hawks are looking at Sheldon Williams....

a 6'9 PF.

To replace Al Harrington....another 6'9 PF.

To go along with Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Josh Childress and Joe Johnson. All 6'9 players.

Billy Knight says he has no intrest in Marcus Williams. A 6'3 point that is brilliant in the open court and can get players open....and he has a team of talented, athletic wing players that can run...

Ripper- crying a little inside.

And that's why they're the Atlanta Hawks. Someone needs to let the Hawks and Raptors know that it's OK to draft someone who doesn't play the 4.

I'm going to throw out a name.

Saer Sene

Remember it.

I do remember it. It's the dude with 7'8" wingspan who's considered to be a major project years away from contributing (we're talking Andrew Bynum years of experience and work needed).

O'Bryant has the same wingspan and is alot closer to contributing. I would go with him first.

Morrison moves better without the ball than Van Horn. A more versatile scorer, draws more fouls, and is a better passer too. He is also more competitive. It's not a stat, but players with his type of energy and attitude, with that will to win, are usually successful. I think Morrison will be a borderline all-star. Kind of like Wally, but a little better.

I don't think that Morrison is any better moving without the ball than Van Horn was in college. I watched all the Utah games when Van Horn was there, and he was hard-nosed and tough. He moved really well without the ball, and could pass exceptionally well.

Morrison has a much better outside shot, as Van Horn was a mid-range type guy, but I don't see Morrison having any better a career than did Van Horn. He'll be a little bit more of an outside threat consistantly, and have worse facial hair, but that's about it.

Guest Felonies!

The Bucks went back to Christmas colors: red and forest green. Hooray.