TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Felonies!

Diet 7-Up

Guest Felonies!

This is the most carbonated beverage I have ever consumed. It feels like all I'm drinking is air. Just air. If I wanted to enter and subsequently win a burping contest, I'd ride to victory on the wings of Diet 7-Up. Jesus. There's no sugar, so it's not syrupy at all, but it's even more carbonated than seltzer water or club soda. You can't even taste the lemon-lime!

I've been enjoying diet sodas more and more lately, since I can't seem to stop drinking soda. I haven't had one all day and I'm falling asleep at two in the afternoon.

Diet 7-up is pretty good though. Tastes just like sierra mist free and diet sprite.

Diet Dew and Squirt are where it's at.

Also Diet Dr. Pepper does taste an awful lot like regular. Too bad I think Dr. Pepper is really gross.

Guest Vitamin X
I've been enjoying diet sodas more and more lately, since I can't seem to stop drinking soda. I haven't had one all day and I'm falling asleep at two in the afternoon.

Diet 7-up is pretty good though. Tastes just like sierra mist free and diet sprite.

Watch what happens when you start getting like me and replace sodas with Red Bull.

I think I have a problem.

I did that. All I drank was Red Bull or Coke.

I had to stop because I was getting heart palpatations at 22.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, all I drink nowadays is Red Bull, double espressos, diet coke, and tea (black or green, iced or hot). Well, and water also.

I think my caffeine intake is pretty high, but it's just pushing it to the limit, since I don't experience any heart problems nowadays (meth did enough of that back in the day) and it affects my metabolism at a nice rate.

Guest Vitamin X

Agreed. And it's funny, I used to dislike the smell/taste of it, it's definitely an acquired taste.

Now, as one of my friends at school told me, when I get one at school, I look like Popeye downing a can of spinach, with similar effect.

It's a pricey addiction, though.

Diet Dew and Squirt are where it's at.

Also Diet Dr. Pepper does taste an awful lot like regular. Too bad I think Dr. Pepper is really gross.

I work at Taco Bell, and for some reason everyone has been asking if we had Diet Mt. Dew the past 2 or so months. I didn't even know such a thing existed.

Guest Felonies!

Just you. Everyone can enjoy Mountain Dew; it knows no class conflict. Me, I love Baja Blast.

Guest Vitamin X

Baja Blast is amazing. It's kind of like a non-energy version of Red Bull to me.

But regular Mountain Dew is pretty awful.

I like Moutain Dew. Never had Baja Blast though. The other night I was tempted to try it, but just didn't have it in me.... :(

Is it just me or is Mountain Dew like nectar for rednecks?

I remember seeing the old advertising on Unwrapped..

and from the Mt. Dew Wikipedia -

"Mountain Dew was originally marketed as "zero proof moonshine" and had pictures of hillbillies on the bottle until 1973."

The brand's initial success was premised on an allegory about hillbillies, which working class people outside America's cities found valuable at a time when American ideology was all about engineering life and technological progress. Holt describes the geographical spread of Mountain Dew's success, which reveals who the allegories play to. In large cities and urban and ethnic areas, Mountain Dew barely shows up on the radar. However, in the mostly working-class, non-urban metro areas in the Eastern half of the country, Mountain Dew "blew through the roof," said Holt in his seminar for faculty. This pattern of customer loyalty has remained stubbornly consistent for forty years.

Holt showed how the value of the hillbilly allegory was destroyed by the hippie counterculture in the late Sixties. Mountain Dew responded with a new "redneck allegory" in the late Seventies that worked well with a new American ideology that had emerged. Once again, Holt traces this brandtopia from beginning to end and finds that it too melts down, this time in the early '90s as widescale economic restructuring led to new ideals of success broadcast widely in television, film, and news.

http://hbswk.hbs.edu/item.jhtml?id=2985&t=...logy&noseek=one

This is based on the work of a prof at Harvard Business--Holt.

Yes, Baja Blast is excellent. Too bad there's not a Taco Bell within short driving distance, so I can have easier access to some.

Have you guys heard of Cheer Wine? It's a wonderful Cherry Dr. Pepper-esque drink mostly covered in the South. I first had it in Charlotte and fell in love with it. Look for it in these territories...

territories_v11.gif

And the bottling looks like this: 300px-Cheerwine.jpg

Guest Felonies!
The brand's initial success was premised on an allegory about hillbillies, which working class people outside America's cities found valuable at a time when American ideology was all about engineering life and technological progress. Holt describes the geographical spread of Mountain Dew's success, which reveals who the allegories play to. In large cities and urban and ethnic areas, Mountain Dew barely shows up on the radar. However, in the mostly working-class, non-urban metro areas in the Eastern half of the country, Mountain Dew "blew through the roof," said Holt in his seminar for faculty. This pattern of customer loyalty has remained stubbornly consistent for forty years.

I highly doubt this still holds true. They've been doing the extreme sports thing for like fifteen years now. So one of the most popular soft drinks in the country, probably only behind Coke and Sprite, is not popular in cities? That's ridiculous.

Just you. Everyone can enjoy Mountain Dew; it knows no class conflict. Me, I love Baja Blast.

Gah, I tried that for the first time the other day. (First time I was in a Taco Bell in like three years) and it was AWFUL. I poured it out, and got the regular Dew instead.

And Mountain Dew is XTREME baby, it really does cross classes.

Best soda you can have, but it'll cost you is Antartica Guarana, an import from Brazil. Sooooooo tasty.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Have you guys heard of Cheer Wine? It's a wonderful Cherry Dr. Pepper-esque drink mostly covered in the South.

I've seen that before and never really paid much attention to it, as I didn't know what the fuck it was. Now that I know it's like a Cherry Dr. Pepper, I'll definitely give it a shot.

the best diet soda is diet dew. tastes like regular dew without the extra syrupy sweetness.

Diet Mountain Dew is the one diet drink where I can almost feel the caffeine afterwards. It's too much.