TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

WWE announces ECW live events summer tour

Guest nokia

WWE® announces ECW® live events summer tour

May 31, 2006

STAMFORD, Conn., May 31, 2006 – World Wrestling Entertainment today released the dates for its first ECW live event tour, following the announcement that it is officially launching an ECW brand and that a live ECW summer television series will be on the SCI FI Channel.

Tickets for all events June through August go on sale June 17, unless otherwise noted.

Following the sold-out “ECW: One Night Stand” pay-per-view event in New York City at the Hammerstein Ballroom on June 11, the ECW live event tour kicks off with a performance broadcast live on SCI FI Channel on Tuesday, June 13, from the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, N. J., following the taping of “Friday Night SmackDown®.” Tickets for the event in Trenton are currently on sale

(click here).

In June, July and August, ECW will perform in the following locations:

June 20 – Albany, N.Y. – Pepsi Arena (already on sale - click here)

June 24 – Philadelphia Pa. – Alhambra Arena

June 25 – Elizabeth, Pa. – Court Time Sports Center

June 26 – Beckley, W. Va. – Armory Civic Center Arena

July 1 – Toms River, N.J. – Poland Springs Arena

July 2 - York, Pa. – Toyota Center

July 8 - Racine, Wis. – Memorial Hall

July 9 – Green Bay, Wis. – Brown County Expo Center

July 10 – La Crosse, Wis. – La Crosse Center

July 11 – Minneapolis, Minn. –Target Center (on sale June 10)

July 15 – Tyler, Texas – Oil Palace

July 16 – Huntsville, Texas – Sam Houston Coliseum

July 17 – Austin, Texas – Palmer Event Center

July 18 – Corpus Christi, Texas – American Bank Center

July 22 – Muskegon, Mich. – L.C. Walker Arena

July 23 – Saginaw, Mich. – Dow Event Center

July 24 – Battle Creek, Mich – Kellogg Arena

July 25- Detroit, Mich. – Joe Louis Arena (On Sale June 24)

July 29 – Durham, N.H. – Whittemore Center

July 30 – Fitchburg, Mass. - Wallace Civic Center

August 5 – Poplar Bluff, Mo - Black River Coliseum

August 6 – Jackson, Tenn. – Oman arena

August 7 – McMinnville, Tenn.– McMinnville Civic Center

August 8 – Nashville, Tenn. – Gaylord Entertainment Center (on Sale June 24)

August 12 – Elmira, N.Y. – First Arena

August 13 – White Plains, N.Y. – Westchester County Center

August 14 – Salisbury, Md. – Wicomico Center

August 15 – Washington, D.C. – MCI Center (on Sale June 24)

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.

July 1 – Toms River, N.J. – Poland Springs Arena

Holy shit, I actually live like 5 minutes away from here. I'll be there.

It's also where my high school had its graduation ceremony last year.

I am very suprised, and very disappointed that Buffalo is not scheduled. We were very hot for ECW back in the day.

Bah, no KY on there anywhere. But given the KY athletic commision's stance on blood in matches, I guess ECW coming here will always be unlikely. They never came here.

Guest Hass of Pain

Wow, it is really ambitious that ECW is going to be running some of these really big buildings. They are going to kill some of these towns dead for the brand if the first ECW show to come through each area isn't fantastic.

Wow, it is really ambitious that ECW is going to be running some of these really big buildings. They are going to kill some of these towns dead for the brand if the first ECW show to come through each area isn't fantastic.

Most of those "big building" events are for the Tuesday television, in conjunction with Smackdown tapings.

Guest Hass of Pain

Most of those "big building" events are for the Tuesday television, in conjunction with Smackdown tapings.

Oh! That explains it! Thanks for the clarification.

So ECW is going to run after Smackdown...

That makes perfect sense you know, because ECW isn't supposed to be separate from WWE or anything.

I'm losing faith in this idea. Call me a nay sayer, but jesus christ... Do they really expect this thing to take off when they are taping it after Smackdown?

So ECW is going to run after Smackdown...

That makes perfect sense you know, because ECW isn't supposed to be separate from WWE or anything.

I'm losing faith in this idea. Call me a nay sayer, but jesus christ... Do they really expect this thing to take off when they are taping it after Smackdown?

I believe it'll be taped before Smackdown on some days and after Smackdown on other days. I think it depends on which time zone they are in.

Do they expect hot crowds for these shows? I used to get burnt out at the RAW tapings when they would tape Heat and RAW... *sigh*

I guess it's just a wait and see type of thing.

August 14 – Salisbury, Md. – Wicomico Center

Um...ok. I dont think ECW will work to well here. 5 years ago:

There will be no more chants of "Balls! Balls! Balls!" directed at the "chair-swinging freak" in Maryland anymore. The Maryland State Athletic Commission banned former ECW grappler Balls Mahoney from performing in the state after he bled during a Wrestling Zone match held on April 13, 2001, in Salisbury.

Before the show started, a representative of the commission allegedly informed the performers in the locker room that there was to be no blood, no brawling in the crowd, and no table breaking. But during a match between Mahoney and Rob Van Dam, Mahoney began to bleed heavily. Observers reported that he was busted open from a collision with a guard rail and did not blade himself. The commission allegedly ordered the match to be halted, but it continued.

Van Dam won the match, and Mahoney was informed of the ban upon returning to the locker room. In an earlier match, Public Enemy's "Flyboy" Rocco Rock began bleeding after being hit with a garbage can during a match between Public Enemy and Danny Doring and Amish Roadkill.

I missed the show cause I was in college down in SC, but I heard it drew poorly as well. WCW always drew decent crowds when they held live tapings here (2 Nitros and a Thunder) but the last two times WWE has held house shows here, maybe 2,000 showed up at the most, which I guess would be a good ECW crowd. But..uh..I hope they get some leeway from the MSAC or else its going to be a boring show. August 14th is also a monday night..

I'm going to try to hit at least one show, probobly the one is Fallburg, MA. Why do one out in the sticks in Massachusetts? I can't ever really remember ECW running MA on a consistant basis, but they would always draw large crowds here in Connecticut.

Oh no . . . no Cleveland?!?! C'mon, the Agora Theater has that sloppy ambiance that ECW loved back in the day. Well, I loved it.

Agreed. Although my only beef with the Agora is the stage. Hardcore Homecomming did quite well there last year.

Oh no . . . no Cleveland?!?! C'mon, the Agora Theater has that sloppy ambiance that ECW loved back in the day. Well, I loved it.

Agreed. Although my only beef with the Agora is the stage. Hardcore Homecomming did quite well there last year.

I can understand that, but the stage made it pretty unique. Plus, there are some seemingly custom made balconies for them to lunge off of. Didn't catch HH last year but every house show ECW had there was a blast.

I am very suprised, and very disappointed that Buffalo is not scheduled. We were very hot for ECW back in the day.

I agree. Does Buffalo have ANY WWE events coming up? I know Rochester gets RAW in a few weeks and they usually run Buffalo/Rochester around the same time but I didn't see anything scheduled for Buffalo.

Guest jcmar3x
spman Posted May 31 2006, 12:40 PM

I'm going to try to hit at least one show, probobly the one is Fallburg, MA. Why do one out in the sticks in Massachusetts? I can't ever really remember ECW running MA on a consistant basis, but they would always draw large crowds here in Connecticut.

Fitchburg is definitely out there, as ECW mainly ran shows outside of Boston in Revere and Waltham respectively (Revere being where New Jack sliced up Kulas). They also did some shows at the Armory in Fall River, although that is still completely opposite of Fitchburg. The Wallace Center is a awesome place for them to run though, I'll be looking forward to it.

I can understand that, but the stage made it pretty unique. Plus, there are some seemingly custom made balconies for them to lunge off of. Didn't catch HH last year but every house show ECW had there was a blast.

Hell, I think the closest ECW is coming to Cleveland is Beckley, WV.

I wanted a show at Packard Music Hall in Warren, Ohio myself. Five minutes from home and both house shows held there drew like 2,000 people. The WWF couldn't say that about their last show there.

Fitchburg is definitely out there, as ECW mainly ran shows outside of Boston in Revere and Waltham respectively (Revere being where New Jack sliced up Kulas). They also did some shows at the Armory in Fall River, although that is still completely opposite of Fitchburg. The Wallace Center is a awesome place for them to run though, I'll be looking forward to it.

I also remember ECW doing shows down at the armory in Webster, MA. Which is on the CT line. Yeah, they mostly came to outside Boston and I swear they did a show in Worcester once, but I may be thinking of the Raw taping at the Centrum...

That is a pretty grueling schedule for ECW standards. I don't think they can be "extreme" with that many dates.

These guys are going to be hurting.

Damn, the closest they come to me is Tennessee. Understandable I guess, since the only time I know of them coming down to South Carolina was a house show in Columbia in April 2000 (which I sadly had to miss).

They'll come to LA eventually.

Probably not the Olympic Auditorium (or whatever the fuck they're calling it now, Grand Olympia?) since that place is run down, but they will.