TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

my thoughts on ONS

Edge/Foley Vs. Dreamer/Funk: Funk will want to do the JOB. This will be a simple equation Violence + Blood= Crowd reaction. can Edge redeem himself for missing that table like a pussy on Head to Head? I will give him the benifit of the doubt and say yes.

best of luck tonight... we might need it

How is Edge a pussy when it was Dreamer who dropped Edge and missed the table? Edge was in Dreamer's control.

Yeah, the Edge fall was all on Dreamer. Edge had no control over it. I would think that Edge would much rather go through the table then fall on his head.

Guest ECWlivesdotcom

It doesn't matter what Tommy Dreamer does in that spot, all Edge had to do was a front flip through the table. Egde has gone off higher and flown further through tables, he should have made that one EASY. Yeah, Its just a botched spot, but it made him LOOK like a fool, cause EVERYONE knows he was supposed to go through the table.

Egde had no control over it? that is rediculous.

It doesn't matter what Tommy Dreamer does in that spot, all Edge had to do was a front flip through the table. Egde has gone off higher and flown further through tables, he should have made that one EASY. Yeah, Its just a botched spot, but it made him LOOK like a fool, cause EVERYONE knows he was supposed to go through the table.

Egde had no control over it? that is rediculous.

How can Edge have control over the spot when it's Dreamer flipping him over? It depends on how much force Dreamer flips edge with, and Dreamer obviously didn't put much enough behind it.

I'm not sure how much control Edge had over the spot, but I fail to see how he came out looking like a pussy in the end. I mean, yeah he missed the table, but the bump he took looked sicker.

I gotta agree here, Dreamer fucked that table spot up bad and Edge did well to not have broken his neck.

Did Spike Dudley look like a pussy that time when La Resistance tried to slam him through a table but instead dropped him headfirst from the ring onto the floor? I mean, all Spike had to do was fall backwards. Spike has gone off higher and flown further through tables, he should have made that one EASY. Clearly that was all his fault and nothing to do with the guys throwing him too.

I wonder how many See No Evil videos we'll get tonight.

And the Edge/Dreamer thing, don't blame just one of them, ugh. Go back and watch it, they just weren't on the same page on the spot. They were off by a second or two, and that caused the fuckup. It didn't make Edge look bad either. If anything it made him look tougher and more hardcore. He damn near landed on his head, then got a Dreamer Driver through the table, and still was able to stand up and beat the other guy.

I've decided to order the PPV just to support ECW. The WWE vs ECW show really changed my mind because I think they have something here, as long as Vince doesn't stick his face into it.

I'm really disappointed that they are charging 40 bucks for it. If anything, they should have went down 5 dollars to 30.

The price is really the only thing keeping me from ordering now. It's too much. ECW at it's greatest point wouldn't have been worth 40 dollars.

Me and Rudo are seeing this at the local theatre for two reasons:

1) Way cheaper (unless you get theatre food, then the price balances out)

2) Making fun of stupid kids and old-school fans

Anyone know if there is a way to find a list of theaters that show WWE ppvs? I'm pretty sure I don't have one even remotely close to me that does but it's one of those situations where I'd like to check anyway.

Edit: Nevermind, I found a search engine. Not a one.

I might attend the local bar just to get a perspective on the ECW fanbase. I stopped by a bar for the most recent UFC ppv and that had a large crowd of more upper scale types. The last WWE show I caught at a bar were your usual trash types.

So, should we start giving this new ECW the TNA effect yet? I give them three months. :)

Only if Finely's Leprechaun beats off in a trash can and the tag team champions are going to be Murdoch & Cade.

It is WWE.

Attitude Era redux to the EXTREME! 6 years too late but who cares!

Me and Rudo are seeing this at the local theatre for two reasons:

1) Way cheaper (unless you get theatre food, then the price balances out)

2) Making fun of stupid kids and old-school fans

Yea, the people from the theatre are awesome.

I got a friend up in New York who is going to the show and says he is packing 3 regulation sized baseballs in case Cena wins.

I really hope Cena wins now.

Yeah because he'll have no problems getting in with those. I can't wait for the ass-kicking he's going to get.

I'm really disappointed that they are charging 40 bucks for it. If anything, they should have went down 5 dollars to 30.

The price is really the only thing keeping me from ordering now. It's too much. ECW at it's greatest point wouldn't have been worth 40 dollars.

Do you have any Hooters in your area? I heard they show all the Wrestling PPVS

What about friends you can invite over and split the cost with?

Guest ECWlivesdotcom
I wonder how many See No Evil videos we'll get tonight.

I'll go with 5.

And yeah i will retract the pussy comment, thats not what i meant, it did look sick and it was unexpected, and yeah I remeber that Spike bump. I just though it was an easy spot that somehow got blown. It just looks like Edge didn't even look at the table before he left his feet, rule #1 always find the table first. It also looked like he thought dreamer was gonna fall back with him, so yeah it was just bad by both.

Do you have any Hooters in your area? I heard they show all the Wrestling PPVS

What about friends you can invite over and split the cost with?

My friends around here think wrestling is a joke and wouldn't spend a dollar to see "that bullshit". Frankly, I don't blame them when I see the ever rising cost.

And we do have a Hooters but it doesn't have an inside bar as far as I know. It's more of an outside style Hooters on the beach so doesn't look like that one is an option. I'll just read the results like always to see what they do.

uh, where exactly do they show wrestling ppv's in theaters? I've heard that type of thing referenced and it would be an interesting experience, but I've found nothing to indicate that something like that is happening at theaters here.

Is it just in select cities or in Canada or some other country or what?

uh, where exactly do they show wrestling ppv's in theaters? I've heard that type of thing referenced and it would be an interesting experience, but I've found nothing to indicate that something like that is happening at theaters here.

Is it just in select cities or in Canada or some other country or what?

I think WWE has a list of bars and theaters that are "Licensed by WWE" to show their PPVs. Now, some places do it anyway. We used to have a sportsbar here that showed all the WWE ppvs but I guess Vince rose the licensing fee so the sportsbar said forget it, and stopped showing ppvs. Some places just do it illegally, but you would have to look in your local phone book and call around to find those places.

3 friends and I are going to the "Stadium Grille" in Westchester, PA.

They have 3 big-screens with the PPV, 10 overhead TVs, and a TV in every little booth you sit in to heat.

We got sloshed at Mania and pissed off the crowd by marking for Orton's every move.

With the show only five hours away, backstage notes are starting to come in. From PWInsider:

Beyond the usual crew one would expect backstage at the ECW PPV tonight, Eugene and former TNA star Trinity (who is under a WWE deal currently) are backstage at the show in New York City.

With the show only five hours away, backstage notes are starting to come in. From PWInsider:

Beyond the usual crew one would expect backstage at the ECW PPV tonight, Eugene and former TNA star Trinity (who is under a WWE deal currently) are backstage at the show in New York City.

Maybe the Sandman will cane the retardness out of Eugene and he will become normal.

You know, if they wanted Nick to show up in ECW, that just might work and be the way out of the Eugene character. Those ECW fans would accept him with open arms.

It could be like the old Doink going to ECW.