TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TWIB: June 5-11

Maybe I'm a little late realizing this, but I really like this Vin Scully guy who's calling the game for the Dodgers. I wish more commentary was in-depth description of the game like he's doing. Beats the hell out of most other local feeds, which is usually just two idiots yammering back and forth about seemingly whatever comes to mind.

This game tonite was just terrible. I would've rather seen Zambrano throw a no-hitter than this horseshit. In the second inning, right before Zambrano hit his homerun, Jim DeShaies said something to the effect of, "Buchholz's stuff looks really good tonite. He should have a good game. He's not facing a very good lineup." And then...bam! I'm not gonna give up on our young arms, Buchholz, Nieve, and Wandy, but they need to stop having these stretches of 4 bad games and then a good game and then 4 bad ones again. To his credit, Nieve's at least competed well in 90% of his starts, but Buchholz...you looked so good the first couple weeks of the season. I'm not overly worried. I don't think I can be overly worried yet after 2004 and 2005, but if Roy Oswalt goes on the DL, if Brandon Backe (who we need in the rotation almost as much as Roger Clemens, I think) has to have Tommy John surgery and if Jason Lane doesn't get on track soon...things might be bad.

Maybe I'm a little late realizing this, but I really like this Vin Scully guy who's calling the game for the Dodgers. I wish more commentary was in-depth description of the game like he's doing. Beats the hell out of most other local feeds, which is usually just two idiots yammering back and forth about seemingly whatever comes to mind.

I really hope it didn't take you this long to find Vin Scully. He's probably the best announcer in baseball history.

Unfortunately, yeah, this is the first game I'm hearing him call that I can remember. I've heard his name before tonight but haven't had the pleasure of listening to him commentate at length until just recently.

Not living in the L.A. area, I don't get to hear as much Vin Scully as I would like to, but I do know that he's pretty much the best when it comes to baseball announcers. He uses really colorful imagery. I remember earlier this season saying that a ball was whipping around the field like a gyroscope. I thought that was good.

Unfortunately, yeah, this is the first game I'm hearing him call that I can remember. I've heard his name before tonight but haven't had the pleasure of listening to him commentate at length until just recently.

Scully called the '86 World Series. If you've seen the video, that's Vin Scully on the call.

A guy that looked to be about 500 pounds for years suffered a stroke? No way!

On a baseball related note, I can't believe that Mike and the Mad Dog have been talking for a couple of hours about Lastings Milledge high fiving a few fans on his way back to the outfield. The fact that people had a problem with this just goes to show that even though it's 2006 some baseball "purists" wish it was still 1906. It's not golf for crying out loud. Emotion is good.

I totally believe it. Those two think they are so high-and-fucking-mighty its rediculous, like they are the sports police or something, so you better not piss them off.

Scully called the '86 World Series. If you've seen the video, that's Vin Scully on the call.

That's pretty cool. I was born in '85, so of course I didn't get to watch that series live, but I've watched the official video tape summarizing the series more times than I can remember.

Man I heart Griffey but I'm real nervous with Coffey up

Can we trade LaRue or someone for another closer?

Junior is nuts this season with these 9th inning homers. Why would you even pitch to Junior when you got Dunn(Mr. Choke) up next?

I can't believe there were those who wanted to push for a trade with Griffey AGAIN- when he's on the guy is ON

Good night for Coffey at least, 2 behind now

Wait, did Barron hint he was happy a guy was DEAD because he didn't like how he affected a GAME?

I didn't see any of Zambrano's no-hit effort. I was at a friend's house watching Arrested Development and he came back downstairs and turned told us about it. We tuned in just in time to see him walk a batter and give up the first hit. Oh well, props to Z for one of his bigger nights. I didn't expect him to get the no-no, but if he'd taken it into the ninth, we could've had some controversy. His pitch count after eight would've probably meant he'd have to throw in the neighborhood of 140+ pitches overall.

Thank god for Laz Diaz. Not only does he call a terrible third strike on Burrell, when Burrell complains he makes sure to immediately lose the mask, jaw back worse than Burrell and follow him a few steps before tossing him.

I love watching the umps play baseball.

Soler's being pinch hit for after turning in a terrific start. 7 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 7 K. If Alay can continue to pitch at a level anywhere near that, it pretty much solves the Mets' rotation problems.

weird I was watching the yanks-sox on expn -well before raw came on then i switched back and worth but by then it was 13-3 -(it wa sone of the 2 times this year espn is not on blackout int he ny-boston areas) though I get yes, simply cuz the espn feed was about 3 seconds faster than yes' and the picture quality seemed better. and there I got to here that A-rod apprantly caught the flu from dwayne wade in detroit and then passed it on to giambi. interesting/

anyhow, a good win for the bronx crew at home. moose improves to 8-1 and no one appeared to be injured tonight so thats a plus

Im strarting to be really impressed by the rookies and like the chemistry the team seems to have now. now all we need is a reliable bullpen and then theyd be set

Wait, did Barron hint he was happy a guy was DEAD because he didn't like how he affected a GAME?

I take my Braves way too seriously, I know.

They're just pissing me off right now. That road trip gave me hope for the season and since then, they've just been awful. Now I know how Bruiser and Czech feel

Tomko fucking sucks. The Dodgers need to win on nights that the D-Backs lose. I don't think Arizona is nearly this good, but I'd rather not have to worry about them.

Scully thought the Milledge thing was alright, so that's all the opinion I need to hear about it. He IS the baseball purist as far as I'm concerned.

There's no way that Soler's 26, he's at least 30.

Soler looks to be about 32 or 33. I think the Mets are trying to corner the market on older than advertised Cubans in the league since they seem to be interested in acquiring Livan from what I heard this week. If they get him, then they'd just be a Contreras shy of the set.

You know I was wondering, we have fan reps for teams(Mets/Yanks, Sox, Atlanta, Cubs/Sox, LAD, Cincy, Houston, Toronto, Oakland, Florida, Baltimore) What about the teams like St. Louis, Texas, Milwaukee, SF, Arizona and all the other unrepresented teams?

Texas fan here (one that knows who's still on the team), so that's another one taken care of. I'm pretty sure there is/was a fan of just about every team on this board, the only ones i can't think of anyone for are Colorado, Tampa Bay and Washington. Angels too, but i'm sure there's been a fan of fake LA at some stage as well.

You know I was wondering, we have fan reps for teams(Mets/Yanks, Sox, Atlanta, Cubs/Sox, LAD, Cincy, Houston, Toronto, Oakland, Florida, Baltimore) What about the teams like St. Louis, Texas, Milwaukee, SF, Arizona and all the other unrepresented teams?

Texas fan here (one that knows who's still on the team), so that's another one taken care of. I'm pretty sure there is/was a fan of just about every team on this board, the only ones i can't think of anyone for are Colorado, Tampa Bay and Washington. Angels too, but i'm sure there's been a fan of fake LA at some stage as well.

Well I am a Minnesota Twins fan. So you got the Twins covered.

Tuesday night has an interesting matchup of Liriano vs King Felix. Liriano got the best of Felix last time, but that was in Minnesota. This time it is out in Seattle. Plus the Twins scored a whopping 4 runs in 4 games against the A's this weekend.

Junior is nuts this season with these 9th inning homers. Why would you even pitch to Junior when you got Dunn(Mr. Choke) up next?

Haven't we been over this before? I watched a Phillies/Reds game live last year where Adam Dunn beat us with two home runs. The reasons pitchers give Junior good pitches is because they don't want to walk him ahead of Dunn.

All the fans of the Washington franchise would have left when they moved from Montreal.

I remember there was one guy (who had 'Angle' in his name) that had some National related stuff in his avatar/sig last season. I think he had a Brad Wilkerson picture in there somewhere.

Going to Cubs/Astros tonight. I hope Wandy Rodriguez is still suffering a hangover from his awful outing on Friday. And maybe Wood will go at least 5 innings before injuring his shoulder again.

Haven't we been over this before? I watched a Phillies/Reds game live last year where Adam Dunn beat us with two home runs. The reasons pitchers give Junior good pitches is because they don't want to walk him ahead of Dunn.

I wouldn't have intentionally walked Griffey to start the at-bat, but I would have given him a free pass after the wild pitch moved both runners into scoring position and opened up first base with a 3-2 count. Even with Dunn being a complete monster, it opens up the additional possibilities for a double play or (at the very least) a double play ball.

Of course, it also opens up the possibility of Isringhausen walking in a run after that, which is much more likely than I'm comfortable with.

That being said, Izzy has thrown a ton of pitches over the last week, and it was kind of silly to bring him in to the game, save situation be damned. Tyler Johnson and/or Adam Wainwright probably could have given the team a comparable or better chance to hold the lead and finish off the game.

I remember there was one guy (who had 'Angle' in his name) that had some National related stuff in his avatar/sig last season. I think he had a Brad Wilkerson picture in there somewhere.

If the Os draft Maier I'll be a Nats fan in a heartbeat cause I can watch Nats game on TV just as easily as Os games.

I tell ya, Im serious about that.

Going to Cubs/Astros tonight. I hope Wandy Rodriguez is still suffering a hangover from his awful outing on Friday. And maybe Wood will go at least 5 innings before injuring his shoulder again.

Come on...don't be dissin' on Senor Smoke. Seriously, I'm looking for the 'Stros to rebound in a big way. I think last nite was rock bottom. I hope last nite was rock bottom. If Wood strikes out 20, I'm gonna be pissed (mostly since he's not making it outta the 5th...and it's really hard to strike out 20 guys in 5 innings).