TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SpikeFayeJettEdBebop

HBO Sunday Night Lineup

Anyone else really excited about this?? I haven't seen much Deadwood at all, but I saw an episode or two and I enjoyed it, so I'm gonna pick it up this season. I've seen a bit more of Entourage which I enjoy, so I'll be watching that as well. And lastly, I wanted to see Dane Cook this summer, but to my knowledge he isn't touring, so I'm looking foward to Tourgasm as well. All starts this Sunday I believe.

A new season of Entourage = GOLD. I don't have HBO but that's the one show I will actively hunt down on torrent.

I like how they ended last season - so hopefully it stays awesome.

I'm a fan of Entourage as well, interested to see what they do with Vinnie Post-aquaman. He already did the 'indie' thing, so I'm curious to see what path he takes now.

Also interested to see how Ari deals without the company behind him now.

I wonder how they'll play QB, with Miramax or like company picking it up and having it succeed or tank. I can't wait till sunday, I love that fucking show.

Guest El Satanico

Lucky Louie also premieres. The commercials have made it look bad, but all HBO shows deserve to be seen at least once.

Anyone else really excited about this?

Yup. Entourage is cool, but especially for the return of Deadwood, which is fucking brilliant and features the best-written character on TV in Al Swearingen. It's a shame it looks like HBO is pulling the plug after this season (the third) when David Milch only planned for it to run four, but whatever; I'll take what I can get.

EDIT: http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060605/en_tv_eo/19188

The entire second season and some clip shows/behind the scenes shit is available via Comcast's On Demand thing if anyone's interested.

Anyone else really excited about this?? I haven't seen much Deadwood at all, but I saw an episode or two and I enjoyed it, so I'm gonna pick it up this season. I've seen a bit more of Entourage which I enjoy, so I'll be watching that as well. And lastly, I wanted to see Dane Cook this summer, but to my knowledge he isn't touring, so I'm looking foward to Tourgasm as well. All starts this Sunday I believe.

I'm REALLY pumped up for this summer lineup. I love Deadwood and Entourage... I have Deadwood season one and both seasons of Entourage, so I definitely can't wait. And I've heard good things about Dane Cook, so I might check him out as well.

So how many of you caught this? Entourage was pretty good, really good moments mainly with Drama, Turtle and Woods, but the ending didn't really have that cliffhanger feel that most of their episodes do have. Still, looking forward to seeing Vinnie progress, as well as seeing how Ari's new life goes, as judging from the scene with him and his wife they're looking to take a more dramatic turn with it.

I wish we had HBO so I could watch the comedy shows.

I've heard/read good reviews on Lucky Louie and O&A played clips from Tourgasm on the show today. Bobby Kelly sounded great on Tourgasm as well.

I'm still catching up on season two of DEADWOOD, so I haven't started season 3 as of right now but I'll get there via on-demand.

Tourgasm is a farce. I think I've laughed 3-4 times from each episode outside of Cook's stand-up routine which doesn't count as I've heard most of it already. It's a boring group of people aside from Cook. Kelly is annoying, Davis is bland and Gulman is just irritating. I had expectations for this but I wasn't aware it was going to be such a generic documentry style show.

Lucky Louis was a surprise to me. I was ready to hate it. The first episiode didn't blow me away but it had its moments but episode 2 was fantastic.

Entourage, it's still all about Piven. Episode 1 was weak but the second episode was vintage Ari and I enjoyed Drama alot as well.

Lucky Louis was a surprise to me. I was ready to hate it. The first episiode didn't blow me away but it had its moments but episode 2 was fantastic.

my setiments as well...the first episode was kinda blah, but the second episode had a lot of LOL moments.

I watched Entourage for the first time last night and I thought it was amazing. My favorite character was Drama. I was thinking, man he reminds me of Matt Dillon. Well he is his brother, so, makes sense.

I need to catch up on this show.

Drama's hatred of the Valley was awesome, as was the scenes with Ari and Mrs. Ari in couples therapy.

I'm hoping to God we get Vince and Drama visiting Michael Madsen next week to buy back Dramas bike.

I love Entourage, and I thought while the first two episodes weren't on par with any of the peak shows last year, there were a lot of good funny moments, and I still liked them better than most anything on TV right now. The second episode was a lot better than the first.

Lucky Louie, I tried to watch for the first few minutes, and the first segment was so bad that I just gave up on it altogether. The laugh track's really invasive, and the first gag was so unfunny I just gave up right away. I suppose I should give it another try, but I probably won't.

I want to get into Deadwood, but after missing the first couple seasons and then missing the first episode this season, I think I might just get Season 1 on DVD and start from there.

According to Jim Norton, the audience watches it in the studio on monitors, which explains why there's a slight pause on the laughter after a joke.

Yeah, I guess you're right, it was a live audience. That made it even more annoying though. They had to constantly wait for the laughter to die down and it completely fucked with everyone's timing. I did only watch one segment, but what I saw was so annoying and unfunny, that it made me want to never watch again.

Sounds close-minded to me. You watched a minute of a pilot episode of a tv show and instantly decided that it was awful and not worth your time. Why not give it another few shows to get going?

dealing with the audience is no worse than watching SNL or Mad TV...the 2nd episode really is pretty funny...if you have On Demand, check it out or try to catch one of the replays on one of HBO's 800 channels.

Entourage's first episode was shitty, and the second was not bad, but I'm still disliking the fact that we're two episodes in and they haven't really hinted at any sort of storyline. I guess that's what happens when you have to stretch the season out to almost twice what you're used to.

Entourage's first episode was shitty, and the second was not bad, but I'm still disliking the fact that we're two episodes in and they haven't really hinted at any sort of storyline. I guess that's what happens when you have to stretch the season out to almost twice what you're used to.

Have you not noticed that Ari and his wife are heading towards a divorce? That will be a key part of the season and as well as Vince dealing with being the "biggest star"...

What?! There's Vince opening (maybe) the biggest movie of all time, and there's Ari starting up his own agency. Those are the storylines. Besides this isn't fucking Lost or something, I don't really require storylines out of a show like Entourage.

I don't think the first 2 episodes have been as awesome as some in the past. But they've still been great. I don't know if you CAN get a bad episode out of this show.

Yeah, it's not storylines, I mean, I don't know, the execution just seems weak. The first episode was lame, where the hell did they drag all the moms out of? It was never alluded to before, it was just thrown out there. The next one was just a pretty cheesy bait and switch "Uh oh the blackouts ruined the movie box office take, oh wait no they didn't!" combined with the Almost Famous rip off.

I agree that the Ari storyline is going somewhere, as is Vince being a huge movie star, but Vince being a huge movie star hasn't really offered much in the first two episodes. It's been kind of boring. Ari's stuff is getting dramatic whereas in past seasons it had more of a comic twist, with him always finding a way to ditch his wife, not that that's a bad thing.

Entourage was disapointing again with only Ari supplying the quality. Dom isn't a great addition to the show.

Lucky Louie wasn't as hilarious as last week but it still delivered enough for me.

I'm sure Tourgasm will suck but I'll give it one last shot tonight.

I finally saw Louie last night and Tourgasm. Louie was kind of funny , and it intrigues me enough to want to watch next week. Tour was interesting, if boring at times. But the one guy falling naked off the bunk bed was great. and worrying that he didnt take ashower when the doc has to stick a needle in his BUTT

Entourage is in danger of jumping the shark with Dom's presence.

Showtime cancelled Huff and I'm really pissed off about it. Oliver Platt was great on that show, comparable to Piven on Entourage. Too bad HBO probably wouldn't pick up a cancelled Showtime series.