TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Clerks II Offcial Thread

Guest Vitamin X
If not for the comedy, Rosario Dawson's bouncing tits was a delight to watch.

I went in having watched Clerks last night, preparing for the big sequel and was pretty disappointed with the first few minutes of it. I felt that they were trying so hard to re-create the first film that it was coming off as forced. Especially Mrs. Silent Bob's performance. Very forced and just, like...bad. Also felt like they were swearing just to swear, like when a kid is away from his parents and trying to be cool.

So I sat there debating with myself about certain merits of the movie and finally decided to just watch it as a regular movie. After that, I enjoyed it. I did not like it as a sequel though. It's more of a different film with pre-existing characters.

That said, the jail scene was done very well by all involved, especially Jeff Andersen and Jay(!) who showed some acting chops for a brief moment. And Rosario Dawson was absolutely fucking awesomely hawt.

Overall, I give it a 5/10 as a sequel and a 7/10 as a regular film. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it. But as a sequel it felt forced and almost cliched at times, while as a regular film, it was a romantic comedy with a donkey sex show.

Kevin Smith was the guest on Rollins Show the other night, along with a musical performance by the New York Dolls.

On Saturday it's Knoxville, with Slayer as the musical guest.

Me and my buddies watched all of Smith's movies (Clerks -> J&SBSB) today and then caught a showing of Clerks 2. I loved it, thought it was hillarious, and didn't feel like a cash-in at all. The movie actually felt real and genuine. It's funny, it was so obscene and vulgar (and mind blowingly funny) at parts, but then actually touching moments later.

Not the best movie ever (not Smith's best either, but up there), but I'm definately glad they made it.

"Forgive me Jesus" made me laugh more than any movie I've ever seen though.

It was a good movie. My favorite part was the Star Wars Vs. LOTR debate.

Just saw it, and I must concur that it's good stuff. I was amazed at how emotional the film got despite how ridiculous it was at other points.

The racial slurs dialogue was fantastic.

"Come to think of it, maybe my grandma was a little racist... She did once refer to a broken beer bottle as a nigger knife."

I finally got the chance to see it today, and I was impressed. I really liked it, and had some great moments. I really liked the dialogue, especially the stuff about racism. The stuff about Pillow Pants just freaked me out. I don't know why, but since JSBSB, I just find Jay to be annoying. Don't know why, but I think the two having their own movie, just turned me off. Probably see if when it's at the budget though.

Saw it at the dollar theater yesterday and never could get into it. The overkill on the swearing was a turnoff and the donkey scene just seemed to drag and drag. But what bothered me most was a section of people in the theater completely overselling every joke.

That said, Rosario was a sight to behold . . . yeah, I'd polish her nails too.

Off-Topic, but Kevin Smith related: I metioned this already, but Smith's doing a commentary track for the upcoming special edition of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre II" coming out October 10th.

Probably much like Road House, he just digs the hell out of TCM 2? I have to say, TCM 2 is certainly a movie that's...different. I think when I watched it I sat in stunned disbelief with my jaw hitting the floor.